887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I see so many people in between granted and more detail requested rows in spreadsheet. Worried why? is it because they are waiting for final result to update everything? or ignore updating? or being rejected ? or Dept. really have ignored them and jumped to far ahead weeks/months?

Sad about them, and Wish them all the best of luck if they are being delayed.

Hi Guys, silent follower, applied 6/8/2018, me and my husband. They asked to pay second instalment VAC $4885 on 29/10/2018, CO Alex, paid on same day. How long it will take to get final decision?

That is the only thing they requested, we write letter saying we are ready to pay 2nd VAC for my husband instead of providing ielts/pte when we submitted application. Any idea? Anyone has such situation.

anyone in this forum paid 2nd vac for dependent and have to wait a lot?

According to other forums,normally after 2nd vac they do not take time to make decisions and do not request further information/documents but its been 3 weeks haven’t heard anything..

Just now, 06/08/2018 said:

Hi Guys, silent follower, applied 6/8/2018, me and my husband. They asked to pay second instalment VAC $4885 on 29/10/2018, CO Alex, paid on same day. How long it will take to get final decision?

That is the only thing they requested, we write letter saying we are ready to pay 2nd VAC for my husband instead of providing ielts/pte when we submitted application. Any idea? Anyone has such situation.

anyone in this forum paid 2nd vac for dependent and have to wait a lot?

According to other forums,normally after 2nd vac they do not take time to make decisions and do not request further information/documents but its been 3 weeks haven’t heard anything..

Well I paid VAC for my husband in 2015 when I applied 489 and it took exactly 1 month to get visa after paying fees. I was also worried like you but nothing to worry about. Immigration takes 4 to 5 months this time to respond after first contact so have patience and don't worry 

1 hour ago, empie said:

I see so many people in between granted and more detail requested rows in spreadsheet. Worried why? is it because they are waiting for final result to update everything? or ignore updating? or being rejected ? or Dept. really have ignored them and jumped to far ahead weeks/months?

Sad about them, and Wish them all the best of luck if they are being delayed.

Waiting for final result? Yes, most of them.

Ignore updating? There will be a few of them but I reckon that those are only a minority.

Being rejected? I reckon that is very unlikely. I have not heard many stories of applicants that have been rejected PR.

Dept. ignored them and jumped ahead? Very true! And really frustrating for those left behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stellajane said:

When applying for 887, one is eligible for Medicare. You then receive the INTERIM medicare card which will be renewed every year without you needing to do anything.

But, after having received your PR.

Do you then have to go into Medicare office again to update your visa details? Looks like there is no option to do it though the MyGov portal.

Any idea which documents need to be filled out that I can do prior to my visit to the Medicare office?

Thanks.

What I understand is, they will send a new medicare card to you and family once your PR is approved. Don't have to do anything 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stellajane said:

When applying for 887, one is eligible for Medicare. You then receive the INTERIM medicare card which will be renewed every year without you needing to do anything.

But, after having received your PR.

Do you then have to go into Medicare office again to update your visa details? Looks like there is no option to do it though the MyGov portal.

Any idea which documents need to be filled out that I can do prior to my visit to the Medicare office?

Thanks.

One of my friend told me that she went to Medicare with 887 grant letter and she was issued with new Medicare card

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky9 said:

Hi Tiger,

can you share with me regarding your application? Did you lodge all supporting documents on the day you lodge or you keep adding them after lodging your application.

my case is, I have few documents that are not ready yet. Should I wait to get them or I can lodge my application straight away and upload some documents later? 

Your respond is highly appreciated. 

Congratulations on your grant! 

I uploaded all the documents at once through my agent.

u can start ur application and provide the remaining documents later when they are ready coz it will take few months for co to pick ur file.

i uploaded my n mrs renewed afp just before the old one expired.thanks!

Good Afternoon guys,
Can someone help with this clarification. Thanks in anticipation.

1. I am aware Police certificate is valid for 12 months according to Dept of HA. My PCC has a 6 month expiry duration. Is it still valid for 12 months for Home Affairs or have to renew every 6 months.
Concerned because getting PCC overseas takes time and expensive.

2. Read on AFP website it takes 48 Hours to get AFP Police Certificate. Is this accurate.

Thanks everyone !

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk