887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Sofee said:

Hello, does yours say further assessment? Do all of these documents have to be certified copies as, on the departments website, one page says not, another says yes. 

No I don’t think so because our agent didn’t ask for certified copies he just Asked for scanned original mark sheets because u can only certify photo copies not the original one

On 1/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, Harsh_ said:

Dear friends, 

We got our grant. 🕊  We are a couple. 

Applied: 27th June 2018

Granted: 13th January 2020 (18 months +) 

CO: Wilson 

We had complained once last year explaining our tough situation. We got a standard reply saying we were under the time frame. We crossed 18 months in December 2019. So we called the immigration on 2nd January asking our status and if they could proceed our case by chance. They told us that they really understood our situation and all that they could still suggest was: ‘Please wait until your case is finalised.’ 

As suggested by @Rita44 (to everyone) yesterday, to complain via email, we complained yesterday itself that we had crossed 18 months and were on 19th month now and mentioned about our tough life (everything in a short email). And today we are « granted »!

This group helped us very much. We could draw the attention of the immigration only by the suggestion of one of the members of this group. A lot of respect for all of you and thank you, friends. We pray that all of you get your grants the soonest. 

After the bushfire rampage in the country, may Australia see the flood of PR grants to the immigrants this month. 

Thank you. 🙏🏽

Hi...

Could please let me know what kind of complain you made?

What was the content?

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, 887 visa said:

Hi everyone, Same here 

Applied 26 October 2018

first contact on 9 January 2020

Asked for partners transcripts for english proof we did provide functional english letter from college but they asked anyway.provided same day all the documents don’t know when we get our grant

Hi. We are in the same boat. 

Applied 7/10/18

First contact 23/12/19

CO Kimberely

Asked for transcript/completion certificate for myself (secondary applicant)

We provided official uni letter stating everything. Still they asked for additional proof. 

Please mention your CO??

54 minutes ago, givemegrantplz said:

Hi. We are in the same boat. 

Applied 7/10/18

First contact 23/12/19

CO Kimberely

Asked for transcript/completion certificate for myself (secondary applicant)

We provided official uni letter stating everything. Still they asked for additional proof. 

Please mention your CO??

CO was rajani n it was very frustrating as we provided everything to get direct  grant but still they asked further documents just to waste our time so annoying 😞

19 hours ago, Charpel887 said:

Can I just clarify if it is one AFP with different combination of names? or did you get multiple AFPs? And you've done this because you have different middle and family names right? 

Planning to renew all our police certs (including overseas ones) soon so this would be useful to know.

just 1 AFP. well the reason being the docs I have had various combinations of my name just like your case. and one of my Family names is too long so did not fit in many of the docs so the companies have only adopted half of the name and letters from those companies reflected the same. Have included all those in the same AFP as well. 

24 minutes ago, GURU22 said:

@IMAD I got co sophorn and it’s been over 6 months since co asked me PCC and provided same day and now I am waiting for my grant 

Don't know what has happened to him. May be he's still on leave. He asked me to provide more info on partners language ability (which we have provided when we submitted our application) and never heard back from him. @GURU22  When did you applied?

Edited by IMAD

14 hours ago, 887 visa said:

Hi everyone, Same here 

Applied 26 October 2018

first contact on 9 January 2020

Asked for partners transcripts for english proof we did provide functional english letter from college but they asked anyway.provided same day all the documents don’t know when we get our grant

Hi there, can I ask what you provided for partners' functional english before this and what else more you provided as proof?

I've submitted:

- Diploma and degree certificate

- An official letter from Singapore university mentioning classes were conducted in English and the duration (3 years in total) 

Is that enough/ is there more we can provide to avoid a request for additional proof? 

Edited by Charpel887

29 minutes ago, SJay said:

just 1 AFP. well the reason being the docs I have had various combinations of my name just like your case. and one of my Family names is too long so did not fit in many of the docs so the companies have only adopted half of the name and letters from those companies reflected the same. Have included all those in the same AFP as well. 

Okay, I might do that this time when I renew my AFP just in case. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Charpel887 said:

Hi there, can I ask what you provided for partners' functional english before this and what else more you provided as proof?

I've submitted:

- Diploma and degree certificate

- An official letter from Singapore university mentioning classes were conducted in English and the duration (3 years in total) 

Is that enough/ is there more we can provide to avoid a request for additional proof? 

We provided a letter from the Australian institute, Certificates, Transcripts when we applied but it wasn't enough and CO wanted more info. We ended up doing IELTS.

Edited by IMAD

17 minutes ago, IMAD said:

We provided a letter from the Australian institute, Certificates, Transcripts when we applied but it wasn't enough and CO wanted more info. We end up doing IELTS.

How long the ielts valid ? And is that validity apply to the date of lodgement? 
Because immi is taking about 2 years to finalise some of applications these day so how does it work 

11 minutes ago, Hope said:

Because immi is taking about 2 years to finalise some of applications these day so how does it work 

3 years for immigration purposes.

As long as it is valid on the date of 887 application it should be fine. The time taken for processing the application will not impact in this case.  

10 minutes ago, Hope said:

@Hope

this is a question where you can find the answer to on our excel tracker under the tab FAQ for 887 applicants.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#

Please have a look there.

Hope you'll get your grant soon!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TTTF said:

3 years for immigration purposes.

As long as it is valid on the date of 887 application it should be fine. The time taken for processing the application will not impact in this case.  

3 years depending on the level of English achieved.

Functional English is only 12 months valid.

Edited by Stellajane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

does this mean that letter of functional English submitted at time of 489 is not valid ?

If it is functional English and you have submitted it for your 489 application it is no longer valid unfortunately given the time that it takes to apply for your 887 was 2 years.

Functional English is only valid for 12 months.

If this is your case, I strongly recommend doing another IELTS test and uploading the results to your 887 application.

Edited by Stellajane
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stellajane said:

If it is functional English and you have submitted it for your 489 application it is no longer valid unfortunately given the time that it takes to apply for your 887 was 2 years.

ok

I have submitted letter from college stating that medium of study during the course was English. 

If we reach college again to get that certificate again then it will only change the date and rest of the content remains same. 

Is it suggested to get fresh letter from college as a functional English proof?

2 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

ok

I have submitted letter from college stating that medium of study during the course was English. 

If we reach college again to get that certificate again then it will only change the date and rest of the content remains same. 

Is it suggested to get fresh letter from college as a functional English proof?

Okay, this is different and I have no knowledge to this.

I'm only referring to functional English as a result of an IELTS test.

Your case may be different.

Hope someone else can help you further with this.

• Like 2