887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello all the members !!

I am trying to prepare myself to lodge my 887 as my 2 year will be this March 2020. Now I started with Form80 I have filled the form online and printed it out and will sign it . Now I am thinking do I have to scan them all the page again along with my signature page and then make all the 19 page in one  filled up form? Also im trying to save the filled up form in my computer and every time i save and open it it comes blank form again. So im thinking printing the filled up form and scanning each page is the only option? please enlighten me!

Thanks

Si

7 hours ago, siffi said:

Hello all the members !!

I am trying to prepare myself to lodge my 887 as my 2 year will be this March 2020. Now I started with Form80 I have filled the form online and printed it out and will sign it . Now I am thinking do I have to scan them all the page again along with my signature page and then make all the 19 page in one  filled up form? Also im trying to save the filled up form in my computer and every time i save and open it it comes blank form again. So im thinking printing the filled up form and scanning each page is the only option? please enlighten me!

Thanks

Si

Fill the entire form electronically and print the signature page if you want to sign physically, else digital version of your signature will also work and use google chrome to print option and save as PDF. No fuss about printing and scanning. 

Immigration PDF forms are protected for information integrity purposes and hence has limited print/save options. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 12:59 AM, 081018 said:

Hi @Stellajane!

My partner has no qualms taking the IELTS as she speaks better English that I do, it’s the cost we want to save on ☹️
I am assuming they require functional English so the partner is able to work and contribute to the economy. You reckon proof of being employed in a position that requires good communication skills will be considered proof of functional English? Your thoughts please..?

I do not believe that being employed will be considered as proof of English for your partner.

I strongly suggest that your partner takes the IELTS test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone,

For those that submitted their application in November 2018 and were requested further information in January 2020:

1. Have you supplied the requested information and if so, what has your application status changed to?

2. Have you had any further requests or contact from the C/O since this?

For everyone else, when you have provided information as requested, was it certified (one page says not to, another page says to do)? Also, what is the average time for our applications to be reviewed again after providing the requested information, does it get reviewed by the same C/O or is it assigned to a different C/O?

Thanks,

GOOD LUCK.

If you been waiting 18 months and over and made a complaint and still not satisfied with the result then make a complaint on commonwealth Ombudsman hope it will help, down below is the link

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=oco-complaint-form

I believe every job in this universe has a due date even nature do their job in accordance and in time frame. It is very unethical not to finish the job in the due date, and Department of Home Affairs deals with human emotions, which is very sensitive so case officer and the department  of home affairs, needs to act humanly and at least come up with the decision  in the given time.

• Like 1

In details 

Applied date 16 July 

First co contact ( Michael) - 19 Sept asked for functional English for myself and my wife  . I am primary applicant 

Second co contact today by Michael over a phone . My immi account has it's it's maximum capacity so case office didn't find my English document coz I have send an email to them . He also mention that it was an error that immigration ask English test for me as a primary applicant . As he didn't found my wife n mine in immi account he ask me what I am going to do i explain him that I send an email to them then he put 1 min hold on phone n inform me he found my email attached my ielts n my wife ielts .then he said he will update my application today n he also told me he gonna call me anytime today after 1 hour he rang me again just to confirm and in 1 min after that I got grant

Guys as I crossed my 18 month mark I rang my local MP. And I reckon  coz of him I got my grant today 

Thank you so much .

I hope everyone understand my email

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, 887 2019 said:

In details 

Applied date 16 July 

First co contact ( Michael) - 19 Sept asked for functional English for myself and my wife  . I am primary applicant 

Second co contact today by Michael over a phone . My immi account has it's it's maximum capacity so case office didn't find my English document coz I have send an email to them . He also mention that it was an error that immigration ask English test for me as a primary applicant . As he didn't found my wife n mine in immi account he ask me what I am going to do i explain him that I send an email to them then he put 1 min hold on phone n inform me he found my email attached my ielts n my wife ielts .then he said he will update my application today n he also told me he gonna call me anytime today after 1 hour he rang me again just to confirm and in 1 min after that I got grant

Guys as I crossed my 18 month mark I rang my local MP. And I reckon  coz of him I got my grant today 

Thank you so much .

Congratulations to you and your family.  

Glad they sorted the mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 887 2019 said:

In details 

Applied date 16 July 

Thank you so much .

We are from 17 july and passed 18 months fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, 887 2019 said:

In details 

Applied date 16 July 

Thank you so much .

Congratulation mate

Great effort it's a role model for those who waiting more than deadline

• Like 1

In details 

Applied date 16 July 

Thank you so much .

Pleased to hear that you got your grant today. Congratulations.

It happened with me, my case officer for 489 demanded more documents and I just sent directly an email to her because she said it will be fast processing if you send me documents directly reply to following email. And guess what she refused my application for 489 visa that she didn't receive documents from my side after 28 days. 

After that I rang immigration around 4AM at my country time with 3 hours phone hold and said to operator kindly check the email and he found the email and he sent that email directly to team manager and then team manager sent me email that your case is going to reopen for processing.

I was in overseas and I had no chance for appeal because I applied 489 offshore. But after reopening  my application I got grant after 1 month. I don't understand what's going with the immigration case officers. 

If they want they can issue grant for 887 in 1 week because most of the documents they verify from Australian Departments. They know if they will grant PR to everyone they have to give benefits to every PR holder. 

• Like 1

In details 

Applied date 16 July 

Thank you so much .

great as ielts only required for secondary applicant

I feel like applications that were initially allocated to Sophorn are not getting processed... Do you guys think it's a good idea to complain directly about a particular CO to the department and ombudsman? Because I am way past the 18 month mark.

Edited by Delfin