887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

13 minutes ago, Dee said:

I am hoping that you have complained as its 2 years of waiting; havent you heard from department??

Yes, I have complained 3 times, they said your application has fallen under 10% of application which doesn't have time frame. Immi said,  we can't do anything in this case. You just need to wait to finalize you application with NO TIME FRAME. BULLSHITTTTTT

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Yes, I have complained 3 times, they said your application has fallen under 10% of application which doesn't have time frame. Immi said,  we can't do anything in this case. You just need to wait to finalize you application with NO TIME FRAME. BULLSHITTTTTT

If you been waiting 18 months and over and made a complaint and still not satisfied with the result then make a complaint on commonwealth Ombudsman hope it will help, down below is the link

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=oco-complaint-form

7 minutes ago, ajay23888 said:

When we should apply AFP? When CO asks for it, or upfront when we pay visa fees? Its 18-month processing time, so most of the time CO will ask to renew it , so can anyone help to figure it out. What I am thinking to do is this: Apply AFP upfront. I won't add Indian PCC as I have not traveled in the last two years to India.

If CO ask for Indian PCC or AFP renewal, I will do it at that time. Any comment on this? 

I uploaded PCC and AFP after 3 months of filing my application. Regarding your next question; i personally wouldn't want CO to raise a request for any documents i.e. PCC or AFP as that would mean delay in grant. Its your call...

12 minutes ago, Ricky said:

If you been waiting 18 months and over and made a complaint and still not satisfied with the result then make a complaint on commonwealth Ombudsman hope it will help, down below is the link

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=oco-complaint-form

I did complain to ombudsman. Please check their standard response below .

I refer to your complaint to the Ombudsman about the Department of Home Affairs (the department).

I understand you are unhappy with the departments processing of your Skilled regional (subclass 887) visa application.

Our Role

The role of the Ombudsman’s Office is to assess whether an agency appears to have acted in accordance with the relevant legislative and administrative requirements, has given appropriate consideration to relevant information when making a decision and, in all the circumstances, the decision made or action taken was not unreasonable.

The Ombudsman cannot require or direct that an agency take a specific action or make a specific decision. It is not our role, nor do we have the power to substitute a new decision or compel an agency to take any action.

Complaint consideration

In regards to the time taken to process your 887 visa. Information available to the public on the department’s website is that the anticipated processing time for visa applications is 90% of applications to be determined within 17 months. With this in mind, 10% of applications can take longer than the 17 month timeframe to process. The department further advises that processing times are impacted each month by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks, complex cases, referrals to external agencies and incomplete applications. This would reflect the increase in timeframe advised by department.  

All visa applicants are required to satisfy character, health and security clearances. The department is unable to approve an application until it is satisfied the applicant meets the identity, integrity and character requirements and under Australia’s migration laws, there is no timeframe for the department to finalise its assessment of these matters. Some clearances are referred to agencies external to the department for consideration, and once the referral has been made to the external agency, the department is not able to finalise the application until the clearance is received. Please note, our Office is not able to ask the department to prioritise applications ahead of others or to finalise applications when it is still undergoing processing.

Our Office is also aware that there may be extended processing times for visa applications. We are treating the matter as a systemic issue and we do not normally investigate individual complaints. This is because the extended processing times are affecting a number of applicants and is not limited to any individual application. For this reason, we will generally not investigate complaints about processing timeframes.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Seriously... WTF. How can they do that you have any idea what's the basis for putting you into that 10%. ?

19 minutes ago, Dee said:

I uploaded PCC and AFP after 3 months of filing my application. Regarding your next question; i personally wouldn't want CO to raise a request for any documents i.e. PCC or AFP as that would mean delay in grant. Its your call...

Thanks Dee. I will upload everything upfront. Can Anyone clarify why they ask for PCC if we have not visited India after our arrival in Australia? Any case where Indian PCC required inspite not visiting india. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky21232 said:

I refer to your complaint to the Ombudsman about the Department of Home Affairs (the department).

I understand you are unhappy with the departments processing of your Skilled regional (subclass 887) visa application.

Our Role

The role of the Ombudsman’s Office is to assess whether an agency appears to have acted in accordance with the relevant legislative and administrative requirements, has given appropriate consideration to relevant information when making a decision and, in all the circumstances, the decision made or action taken was not unreasonable.

The Ombudsman cannot require or direct that an agency take a specific action or make a specific decision. It is not our role, nor do we have the power to substitute a new decision or compel an agency to take any action.

Complaint consideration

In regards to the time taken to process your 887 visa. Information available to the public on the department’s website is that the anticipated processing time for visa applications is 90% of applications to be determined within 17 months. With this in mind, 10% of applications can take longer than the 17 month timeframe to process. The department further advises that processing times are impacted each month by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks, complex cases, referrals to external agencies and incomplete applications. This would reflect the increase in timeframe advised by department.  

All visa applicants are required to satisfy character, health and security clearances. The department is unable to approve an application until it is satisfied the applicant meets the identity, integrity and character requirements and under Australia’s migration laws, there is no timeframe for the department to finalise its assessment of these matters. Some clearances are referred to agencies external to the department for consideration, and once the referral has been made to the external agency, the department is not able to finalise the application until the clearance is received. Please note, our Office is not able to ask the department to prioritise applications ahead of others or to finalise applications when it is still undergoing processing.

Our Office is also aware that there may be extended processing times for visa applications. We are treating the matter as a systemic issue and we do not normally investigate individual complaints. This is because the extended processing times are affecting a number of applicants and is not limited to any individual application. For this reason, we will generally not investigate complaints about processing timeframes.

Bad luck!

when did you complain to commonwealth ombudsman?

All they are saying is NOTHING WE CAN DO except WAIT 

Edited by 06/08/2018

1 hour ago, ricky21232 said:

Our Role

Complaint consideration

So, conclusion is only we can wait because it was the last option not good response at all from ombudsman.Even they took 5 years for process our visas we can’t do anything about it. whoever passed 18 months they said we are under 10% . 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, SJay said:

wow..great news. many congratulations to you. 

Just for the knowledge when you say, your immi account was out of the capacity of docs, is it after you have already utilized your partner's doc capacity as well? Usually, Immigration allows using other applicants doc capacity to attached docs. 

And bloody hell, how can they do such a mistake and ask for Main Applicant's English. 

Hi,

As you said that you called your local MP?

Member of Parliament ?

do you think so it helped you?

do you suggest i should contact my local MP because 18 months has been already passed on my application?

Congrats on the new Grants Guys.

I have applied for 887 on Feb 10, 2018.

Case Officer Allocated on January 2019.

CO: Sophorn. She asked for Australian PCC as the one i submitted was expired. I did submit in two week.

Then later after two months by May 2019 she again asked for Australian PCC coz she said it again expired and also she asked for Indian PCC and Qatar PCC. I then emailed her telling i already submitted Indian PCC and qatar pcc when applying for 489 and havent been back to any of those counries. so i submitted the Australian PCC again.

Then again after 5 months,  October 2019 i got an email asking to submit Indian PCC and now its a new case  officer now.

CO: Regina. So then i submitted Indian PCC on Nov 2019, thats it then...

Today 21/01/2020 still waiting. Its been 23 Months

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, dany said:

Congrats on the new Grants Guys.

I have applied for 887 on Feb 10, 2018.

Case Officer Allocated on January 2019.

CO: Sophorn. She asked for Australian PCC as the one i submitted was expired. I did submit in two week.

Then later after two months by May 2019 she again asked for Australian PCC coz she said it again expired and also she asked for Indian PCC and Qatar PCC. I then emailed her telling i already submitted Indian PCC and qatar pcc when applying for 489 and havent been back to any of those counries. so i submitted the Australian PCC again.

Then again after 5 months,  October 2019 i got an email asking to submit Indian PCC and now its a new case  officer now.

CO: Regina. So then i submitted Indian PCC on Nov 2019, thats it then...

Today 21/01/2020 still waiting. Its been 23 Months

How did you email her? What email address did you use?

Hey All,

If Sophorn was your CO in your first contact and you have passed the 18 month mark and still haven't received your grant or a second contact, can you please let me know? I think this CO is fucking incompetent and irresponsible. And I dont know what her fucking obsession is with AFP. Way too many applicants have fallen victim to this scheme of hers and their applications have been unnecessarily delayed because of her action. So I believe we all need to lodge a complaint against her personally and directly to the department and the ombudsman.

Please join me.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Hey All,

If Sophorn was your CO in your first contact and you have passed the 18 month mark and still haven't received your grant or a second contact, can you please let me know? I think this CO is fucking incompetent and irresponsible. And I dont know what her fucking obsession is with AFP. Way too many applicants have fallen victim to this scheme of hers and their applications have been unnecessarily delayed because of her action. So I believe we all need to lodge a complaint against her personally and directly to the department and the ombudsman.

Please join me.

Yes Very True. She is fucking us all. Unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Delfin said:

I'm confused, don't we just get a letter in our immi account when they ask for additional documents? Can you share the email address with us please?

So i usually knows if the case officer has asked for more details is via email. i usually gets email from immigration department and a message in my immi account.