887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

10 hours ago, Andy.L said:

Thanks JOGC,

I have been working full time and also I was doing few casual hours in my second job.

Hence, I only mentioned and provided documents for my work for the main job as I have been working 38 hours so there was not needed to mentioned my second job as I was not claiming those extra casual hours... do you think I should mention this to them given I'm not claiming my second job in my 1 year work experience. 

Appreciate any suggestions and help..

You need to mention because in your tax it will combine all of your income there is no harm to not mention additional casual job

2 hours ago, Andy.L said:

I Live in regional area..and not close to any non regional area. 

I'm confused now, should I say anything about 2nd casual job or  just provide all documents again for my main job only? - I'm not claiming my 2nd job hours at all in my 1 year of my job requirement.

Cheers 

I reckon these sorta things are really dependent on the CO and his/her mood when assessing your application. I know it sux but that's the reality. To be in the safe side I would declare the details of the second job in FOrm 80. 

Looks like you have to attach the Income Tax Notice of Assessment as well as the Bank Statement of your Salary account. I did upload these actually, only because someone in the forum recommended doing so. I have a long wait though, only applied in Aug 2019. 🙂

But I can't really understand why the heck the CO is asking for Current Occupation details. That's insane and the first time I saw it. Best to ring them in the morning today. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, BoddyFam said:

Hi Dee,

Do you need to attach the police clearance from your home country, even if you haven't been back there since moving to Australia? 

Its a very tricky question and situation. I would definitely upload police clearance from my home country even in a case of no travel, so that if CO decides one is required time is not wasted.

It completely depends on you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SJay said:

I reckon these sorta things are really dependent on the CO and his/her mood when assessing your application. I know it sux but that's the reality. To be in the safe side I would declare the details of the second job in FOrm 80. 

Looks like you have to attach the Income Tax Notice of Assessment as well as the Bank Statement of your Salary account. I did upload these actually, only because someone in the forum recommended doing so. I have a long wait though, only applied in Aug 2019. 🙂

But I can't really understand why the heck the CO is asking for Current Occupation details. That's insane and the first time I saw it. Best to ring them in the morning today. 

I know there is generally no difference if you use an agent or apply on your own for an 887 PR. However there is a chance that when applicants apply on their own then a CO could take advantage and not execute their due diligence in assessing documents. I feel that a CO may be less inclined to make mistakes and more disciplined if there is an agent on the other end of an application. However this might only apply to certain CO's. I am sure there are many applicants that receive direct grants after having applied on their own.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SJay said:

The whole reason of Form 80 is to upload all the information and not missing out on any information; in case you miss out any info it unfortunately creates unnecessary delay and doubt in assessing officers mind. I personally think not sharing all the information has led to this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Strange, seems messy, our immiaccounts say 18 to 19 months so definitely conflict between the two documents. Obviously they had too much holiday and did not progress enough

Might update over weekend, usually release updates happen over weekend like any other government org. Updating immi account just need a push notification.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dee said:

The whole reason of Form 80 is to upload all the information and not missing out on any information; in case you miss out any info it unfortunately creates unnecessary delay and doubt in assessing officers mind. I personally think not sharing all the information has led to this. 

Should update Form 80  and 1221 even though we are not claiming from second job, these are about personal info and circumstances.  Should fill additional information details if no sufficient space in the application. But not sure this is the reason behind the CO request. best to ring and get clarity and also update your From 80 and 1221 along with that.

Hello all

I know it’s the hardest truth to digest. But we all have to accept this. The immigration is making it very clear, no matter what, the 887 visa processing time will stay 18 months or more. Even if they want to bring it down, they won’t bring it down to below 14 months on their website. Although immigration is granting few visas on an average 14 months. But that will the average time will be maintained till the last 887 visa applicant grant. What this means to us or new 887 visa applicants is 

the immigration wants us to stay extra year in regional which they have successfully achieving by keeping processing time higher. For all the new 489 visa holders should assume their condition is 3 years stay and one year work experience.  As we all know the grant will be given between 14 to 18 months time . So we have to assume grants have been given in 2 to 6 months time after staying in regional for 3 years and 1 year work experience. 

Please dint put any efforts to reach IMmigration to bring down to processing time. They won’t change. Let’s all assume our condition on 489 visa is 3 years regional and 1 year work experience. 

love you all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satish said:

Should update Form 80  and 1221 even though we are not claiming from second job, these are about personal info and circumstances.  Should fill additional information details if no sufficient space in the application. But not sure this is the reason behind the CO request. best to ring and get clarity and also update your From 80 and 1221 along with that.

Is form 1221 mandatory?

why it is required ?

9 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello all

I know it’s the hardest truth to digest. But we all have to accept this. The immigration is making it very clear, no matter what, the 887 visa processing time will stay 18 months or more. Even if they want to bring it down, they won’t bring it down to below 14 months on their website. Although immigration is granting few visas on an average 14 months. But that will the average time will be maintained till the last 887 visa applicant grant. What this means to us or new 887 visa applicants is 

the immigration wants us to stay extra year in regional which they have successfully achieving by keeping processing time higher. For all the new 489 visa holders should assume their condition is 3 years stay and one year work experience.  As we all know the grant will be given between 14 to 18 months time . So we have to assume grants have been given in 2 to 6 months time after staying in regional for 3 years and 1 year work experience. 

Please dint put any efforts to reach IMmigration to bring down to processing time. They won’t change. Let’s all assume our condition on 489 visa is 3 years regional and 1 year work experience. 

love you all

Any links to an official source of information?

I can make up a lot of stories as well but I don't know what's actually happening behind the closed doors on Canberra.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello all

love you all

i applied on 15th march 2019

• Like 1

I think they can further reduce the processing time to 12 months for direct grant, but won't go any lower, last year around April they worked really hard and some people applied on March or April 2018 got direct grants. So I expect them to continue to catch up a little, don't panic 2019 applicant 🙂 i am the unlucky one but hope for the best to everyone 

Edited by nudgee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I think they can further reduce the processing time to 12 months for direct grant, but won't go any lower, last year around April they worked really hard and some people applied on March or April 2018 got direct grants. So I expect them to continue to catch up a little, don't panic 2019 applicant 🙂 i am the unlucky one but hope for the best to everyone 

But out of curiosity, we can move to non-regional area from regional once we apply for 887 can we ? I am thinking to apply for jobs in Melbourne and move but holding myself back until I really get 887. I am on 489 for the moment.😐

4 minutes ago, DVR said:

But out of curiosity, we can move to non-regional area from regional once we apply for 887 can we ? I am thinking to apply for jobs in Melbourne and move but holding myself back until I really get 887. I am on 489 for the moment.😐

if your 489 still valid, you CANNOT move to Melbourne, don't do it there are case in the past it can lead to visa refusal. but not sure if you can move to Melbourne if your 489 is expired. I still wouldn't recommend. 

Edited by nudgee
  • Thanks 1