887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guys I am bit confused about medical? When we got our 489 grant ( family of three / only son is 5years 2 months now) 0n March 2018 We did medical for all of us. My son was 3year 10months then and he did the medical too.

For 887 he( my son) has to do medical again? He is now 5yr 2months old .....

Also for my wife I submitted her transcript /medium of instruction and university certificates at the time of 489 application on 2017 as English language proof. she got the grant with it.

For 887 I will submit the same docs for her. Will they ask for IELTS /PTE score?????

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just wondering,  if the case officer has asked  anyone for their spouse's health assessment  during 887 application?

Given Yours spouse has already done the medical during 489 application process. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Andy.L

5 minutes ago, Andy.L said:

Hi All,

Just wondering,  if the case officer has asked  anyone for their spouse's health assessment  during 887 application?

Thanks in advance.

do they ask for ur spouse ?

On 1/26/2020 at 10:52 PM, sislam said:

Guys I am bit confused about medical? When we got our 489 grant ( family of three / only son is 5years 2 months now) 0n March 2018 We did medical for all of us. My son was 3year 10months then and he did the medical too.

For 887 he( my son) has to do medical again? He is now 5yr 2months old ..... - Not required unless CO asks

Also for my wife I submitted her transcript /medium of instruction and university certificates at the time of 489 application on 2017 as English language proof. she got the grant with it.

For 887 I will submit the same docs for her. Will they ask for IELTS /PTE score????? -you can go ahead and again attach University certificate including marks sheet

Please see comments in your quote.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Andy.L said:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

There is no medical requirement unless you have declared pregnancy or any other health issue....

2 hours ago, Andy.L said:

Yes,  they have asked my wife's medical last week,  applied in oct18.

My wife has done the medical during 489 application.

Can you please share reason if its not personal; as per the 887 rules medical is not required unless you have a new born baby (baby born in Australia)

Hi I am a silent follower.

21 July 2018 - Applied

16 Sep 2019 - Asking for additional documents(CO Katherine), police clearance from a country that does not provide it for non resident non citizens. I was asked to upload all passport stamps including the final exit stamp and letter from previous employer. Documents uploaded the next day.

17 Jan 2020- lodged complain online

23 Jan 2020- grant (CO Katherine)

Thanks everyone and good luck 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, 1986 said:

21 July 2018 - Applied

16 Sep 2019 - Asking for additional documents(CO Katherine), police clearance from a country that does not provide it for non resident non citizens. I was asked to upload all passport stamps including the final exit stamp and letter from previous employer. Documents uploaded the next day.

congratulations mike,

I am just after you waiting for grant

i applied on 24 th july, contacted first on 24th Sep 2019. for baby ,medical and wife AFP, still waiting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

21 July 2018 - Applied

what did you write in complain ?? did they replied good??

because i did complain 3 times but still waiting 

Edited by ankit7775

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

21 July 2018 - Applied

Hi,

My CO is Katherine too.

I applied on 17 July 2018 and nothing happen

how was your complaint  

3 hours ago, Dee said:

Can you please share reason if its not personal; as per the 887 rules medical is not required unless you have a new born baby (baby born in Australia)

Hi, would you mind telling where its written or explained that medical will be required if baby is born in Australia? Thanks

9 minutes ago, Uetian said:

Hi, would you mind telling where its written or explained that medical will be required if baby is born in Australia? Thanks

You will get that info when you file your application online. Your Case officer will generate HAPID for your baby.

Edited by Dee

3 minutes ago, Dee said:

You will get that info when you file your application online. Your Case officer will generate HAPID for your baby.

Thanks for your response.

We had a baby while we were on 489 and when we submitted application for 887, under healt assessment it said No Health Examination required.

No medical was requested when we submitted docs for baby's 489 visa.

What should we do in this case? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Uetian said:

Thanks for your response.

We had a baby while we were on 489 and when we submitted application for 887, under healt assessment it said No Health Examination required.

No medical was requested when we submitted docs for baby's 489 visa.

What should we do in this case? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks

I am very sorry cant help you much as i do not any experience with this; probably experienced members of this forum can help. Also please go through appended link as there are some helpful points in this excel file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#