887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Good luck mate. Always a good milestone when you have put your application in. Hopefully the members here will provide you with good info. The wait has been a bit long for all of us but best to ignore some members who will only tell you doom and gloom. It does not take 3 to 5 years to get an 887 grant.

When you say some members, you were referring to? 

58 minutes ago, John akhil said:

Hi bro,

Just cross-checking. We can't apply for 190 after they issued the 489.isn it?

Only 489 or 190 at a time then we cannot change.

Is that right?

please reply

It may or may not be possible, get the correct info from an agent. However if you are already on the pathway to 887 then it may not be a good idea changing pathways. Firstly it is very costly and secondly with the current pandemic it would be unwise to put yourself at the mercy of a system and policy that may change at anytime. The department may put a lot of visa applicants on hold so if it were me I would not touch it. Taking advise from this forum may not be such a good idea when there is so much at stake. We all make speculations and assumptions, but none of us know for sure what the complexity or outcome may be. Remember if you are denied another visa type then it may put at risk your current pathway.

Edited by TakeItOnTheChin
  • Like 1

Advanced issues found

👔
On 3/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, John akhil said:
  • Strategy

Be positive

• We needed to wait for this coronavirus dust to settle
  • The main idea to get media/politician attention.
  • One of the senior member who already got 887 needed to come forward
  • We will meet in Adelaide and raise the money for Lawyer /other stuffs
  • We lodge a complaint in court by one guy who got the 887 regarding the processing time and mental drama that go through this amount of time
  • We lodge another complaint by the same guy on human rights commission regarding the depression /mental strain etc
  • Both cases not needed to follow up. We just needed to have media/ politician attention.
  • We approach the opposition party regarding the peter Dutton PR visa cover-up. It’s already a few articles on it.
  • After the above steps, we will approach Media like SBS other news channels.
  • We make it work guys
  • Always remember, we should put one 887 grant guy in front. We don’t want anyone who is in 489 do above things, It may spoil his visa decision.
  • We must do something.
  • On the meantime, everyone collects the evidence for difficulties they face because of 489. For example, As a post-grad student., I can show seek ads showing the PR only applications, etc
  • We can make it work if everyone comes forward

First of all, thank you for thinking about doing something. I am a long time advocate of taking action before its too late and have been constantly ignored so I feel like I have got a bit of support now. 

I'll reply to your points sequentially 

• Corona will be there for at least 6 - 8 months (could be more) and there are people who are in desperate need of help in the current situation. Because being on bridging visa or 489 will not get you any financial assistance from the Government. We can pressurise the department to allocate more COs to 887 visa because due to travel restrictions/uncertainty in the world, no other visa holders will come to Australia anyway. 
  • Agreed
  • None of the 887 holders will come forward. They've moved on with their lives and being an immigrant they will not take on the department for us. Also, since the complainant has got what he was after, the case will be so much weak that the department wouldn't take it seriously. I suggest we should do it as a group to take collective risk or someone from the current applicant should come forward. 
  • There are many 489 visa holders that live in other regional areas and in more desperate circumstances and they want to contribute too. Arrange an online meeting and get everyone involved. People will be happy to contribute. 
  • We can launch both complaints as a group 
  • You must follow up the cases otherwise you will not get media/politician attention. Also, this will be the service to all those who are on 489 and yet have to apply for 887.
  • Agreed
  • We can't hide behind another 887 holders. If we want to do something, we should be brave enough to come forward. 
  • Yes, there are many difficulties people would love to share. Especially the folks from real regional areas. 
  • This should be a collective cause, everyone should come forward and contribute. 

Once again, thank you very much for thinking about taking some action. 

36 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Not for temporary residents unfortunately.

We are nor eligible for anything, not even to get our superannuation (that's our money, we paid for it). I was always calm but Australian Government starts to piss me off. I have 3 years on 489 with 2.5 years of full employment and now I am fucked... applied on May 2019 for 887 but probably need to wait for more 12 months... unbelievable. I am the only one at my office is not resident, so my boss will apply for wage bonus for everybody else but not me, what do you think is going to happen??? Will get fired for sure. Afff

We are nor eligible for anything, not even to get our superannuation (that's our money, we paid for it). I was always calm but Australian Government starts to piss me off. I have 3 years on 489 with 2.5 years of full employment and now I am fucked... applied on May 2019 for 887 but probably need to wait for more 12 months... unbelievable. I am the only one at my office is not resident, so my boss will apply for wage bonus for everybody else but not me, what do you think is going to happen??? Will get fired for sure. Afff

Me too, I am the only one in my company that is not PR or citizen, and what you said does make sense, because employers will not get any job keeper payment from government by hiring us, and it does increase the likelihood of losing he jobs...I thought we can cash out our superannuation. Are you sure TR cannot access that ?

My agent comments

Generally Immigration SA will not sponsor you for a 190 if Immigration SA sponsored you for the 489 already.  This is the information I have at hand but if you can send me soothing to the contrary I’m happy to look.

Immigration SA have just made it harder to get a 190 on Friday – not easier.

The last 3 887’s I had granted (all last week) took 12-14 months.

We are currently NOT experiencing 24-28 month lag times for well put together applications that are decision ready.

With this in mind I would advice you group to ensure their 887 applications are in good order, well presented and complete (including AFP, Overseas PCC, English (where required) and medicals.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It may or may not be possible, get the correct info from an agent. However if you are already on the pathway to 887 then it may not be a good idea changing pathways. Firstly it is very costly and secondly with the current pandemic it would be unwise to put yourself at the mercy of a system and policy that may change at anytime. The department may put a lot of visa applicants on hold so if it were me I would not touch it. Taking advise from this forum may not be such a good idea when there is so much at stake. We all make speculations and assumptions, but none of us know for sure what the complexity or outcome may be. Remember if you are denied another visa type then it may put at risk your current pathway.

My agent  comments

Generally Immigration SA will not sponsor you for a 190 if Immigration SA sponsored you for the 489 already.  This is the information I have at hand but if you can send me soothing to the contrary I’m happy to look.

Immigration SA have just made it harder to get a 190 on Friday – not easier.

The last 3 887’s I had granted (all last week) took 12-14 months.

We are currently NOT experiencing 24-28 month lag times for well put together applications that are decision ready.

With this in mind I would advice you group to ensure their 887 applications are in good order, well presented and complete (including AFP, Overseas PCC, English (where required) and medicals.

I hope this helps.

21 hours ago, amina umar said:

means persons who stuck over cease on 489 can travel to australia???

Yes mate we just got to Melbourne they put us In quarantine acc today , once you get the exemption airline will get approval to board you when you check in at the airport this could take couple of hours as in my flight they did this to all non Australian passport holders even prs had to wait for the approval to board the flight

21 hours ago, amina umar said:

means persons who stuck over cease on 489 can travel to australia???

Yes mate we just got to Melbourne they put us In quarantine acc today , once you get the exemption airline will get approval to board you when you check in at the airport this could take couple of hours as in my flight they did this to all non Australian passport holders even prs had to wait for the approval to board the flight

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum, I will be submitting my 887 application next month. I filled all details in IMMI account but application shows incomplete. Is that ok?

Do we need to get AFP clearance certificate before submit application or can i submit latter as there is now 2 year processing time ?

38 minutes ago, Rocky7 said:

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum, I will be submitting my 887 application next month. I filled all details in IMMI account but application shows incomplete. Is that ok?

Do we need to get AFP clearance certificate before submit application or can i submit latter as there is now 2 year processing time ?

Do with an agent my friend. Try to get grant by first contact.

Don't worry about money

• Thanks 1

I have applied 887 n I can see message in myGov that it’s asking if you are willing to get apply claim for current COVID-19 circumstances??? I know we r not eligible for Centrelink.. not sure if it’s generic message .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk