887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Thanks a ton Nudgee
Dont want to give my wife the bad news
She is just so close to having a breakdown from all the shit we have gone through this year what with the bushfires And now working so hard during the COVid

Did the CO specifically ask for IELTS? Or just proof of functional English ? According to the home affairs website. Completed at least one year of higher education study in Australia will meet the requirement.

we need to do another e-mail campaign. They have the ability, but they don't want to do it. When the government ease off COVID-19 restriction nobody will not remember the hardships we are going through and processing time will be back to where they were.

we got this attention because of COVID-19. Don't let it go away with COVID-19. I personally think we should send the same e-mail with some feed backs with different topics, such as " Government continues to ignore regional migrant's issues" , "Government let's Skill workers in regional areas to starve "  etc...

Lets share everyone's thoughts and do something together.    

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Victor said:

Immigration Has just asked for evidence of English IELTS for my wife who is the main Applicant.  According to them the IELTS she submitted has now expired so they need a new IELTS test Score

We applied in August 2018

when you applied for 489 visa, was she the main applicant?

2 hours ago, JayK said:

I updated my newborn's details in immi ac and sent the documents by email. Today Co Paul issued 489 and 887 bridging visa. He also followed up with a letter to request medical for the baby.  He said I provide Gp letter and I did the emedical consent in the immi ac and got hap id. He said I forward the letter and signed version of consent. In my email I had explained it would take ages to acquire a passport for him. Do you think I will get PR after providing the two without passport? Appplied 20 sept 2019

Hi JayK

I have updated details for my newborn on Immi account 3 weeks ago but have not heard anything from CO. I don't know immi email address. Can you tell me immi email and what document we need to send. Thank you

3 minutes ago, ChatuWickrama said:

Just not clear, why COs ask English for the primary applicant of 887 also same as the primary applicant of 489. 

request, IELTS especially is even more surprising as there are other English tests and ways to show English requirement. 

because now she is secondary applicant for 887

40 minutes ago, Victor said:

Immigration Has just asked for evidence of English IELTS for my wife who is the main Applicant.  According to them the IELTS she submitted has now expired so they need a new IELTS test Score

We applied in August 2018

It is crazy, you can always  double check with them again on what basis they are asking it and delaying the application further.. as it is not required. Given the delays in processing time all will end up with this situation which is not warranted for at the first place.

Someone prior to you also on this forum was asked this, If  I remember correctly he enquired and DHA informed that it was a mistake. So no harm in checking once,  prior investing valuable time in all this again in such challenging times. 

Just wondering what what is logic of asking english scores again, 

1. Was she the main applicant in 489 application ? 

2. At time of the 887 application was her IELTS expired ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Don79 said:

No Way.. Now you can't even sit for IELTS. You can book the test, but they are getting cancelled later. I think you should complain..

Hi victor just upload the bachelor of nursing certificate immi  and better to send email to skill support it's just co mistake who is your co and is this first contact or second?

20 minutes ago, Samay said:

Hi JayK

I have updated details for my newborn on Immi account 3 weeks ago but have not heard anything from CO. I don't know immi email address. Can you tell me immi email and what document we need to send. Thank you

I sent by email on 30th May 2020. The email is skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

The visas and requests came today. I applied 20th Sep 2019

I attached form 1022, birth certificate, medicare card that has his name and a Gp letter. The Gp letter was very brief and I suppose that's why they've requested another letter

Edited by JayK

18 minutes ago, JayK said:

My baby is now 7 weeks. The Co sent the following request. What does he mean? Anyone?

Screenshot_20200505-172132_Drive.jpg.8d10ab0c428a232bb220aef676e6d759.jpg

I Have got exactly the same request from CO, my son is nearly 11 weeks now., I have been to GP and got the letter about my son's health also I signed the emedical consent form and have uploaded to my immi account. 

I'm curious to know the definition of "the paper medical " too.

My question is does it mean the on the paper medical has been completed, ? Or something else needs to be done?

Lastly to confuse myself more I have seen the HAP ID on my immi account underneath of my son's name saying this person needs to complete medical 501,  I strongly believe that under 6 months old child does not need to do the medical check up done at BUPA center?

Please correct me guys if anyone has any expertise on this.

Appreciate all your help.