887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 hours ago, Navdeep047 said:

i didn't....this is what i got with the request... so i have just provided my Bachelor and Masters degreewhich says medium of instruction was English...and my agent also included a request for review as to why am i asked to provide this.

Screenshot_20200513-140632_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Probably, the CO's have been asked to pickup random files and ask for English requirements. Alternatively, it is a possibility to make some extra bucks for the department by getting payment in the form of second VAC as in current scenario  applicants aren't able to appear in English language exams.

3 hours ago, Jessi said:

I did my graduation & masters in overseas. I did that in Science & it’s nowhere written that the medium was English . I think for worse case scenario need letter from Uni.

if you have done studies in Australia, then they are not going to ask for medium of instructions.

44 minutes ago, Farha said:
Hi everyone,

I applied in March 2019 and I have a 3 week old baby that I added to my 887 application last week. I already received his bridging visa and CO sent emedical request form and dr letter request yesterday  which I have signed and sent back today. However, I don’t have baby’s passport yet. Has anyone received their PR without newborns passport? If we apply for his passport now it’ll take a minimum of 4 months due to the virus. Any experts please guide me.

thanks. 

Hi there

I would suggest send email to Pakistani High Commission Canberra and if you get appointment then its essential travel and should not be an issue if flights not available drive there, they are quick you'll get in 2 to 3 weeks for sure as I received for my newborn too.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Junaid said:

Hi there

I would suggest send email to Pakistani High Commission Canberra and if you get appointment then its essential travel and should not be an issue if flights not available drive there, they are quick you'll get in 2 to 3 weeks for sure as I received for my newborn too.

Thanks

Hi Junaid,

I am Sri Lankan so I have to apply through the consulate in Sydney. Not sure if there are any Sri Lankan’s who have applied or renewed their passports during this crisis? How long did it take to get the passport?

1 hour ago, A_D said:

Probably, the CO's have been asked to pickup random files and ask for English requirements. Alternatively, it is a possibility to make some extra bucks for the department by getting payment in the form of second VAC as in current scenario  applicants aren't able to appear in English language exams.

When you applied for visa 489, did you take the test prior applying for visa 489 or after?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sriam255 said:

Correct me,  if I'm wrong, between 2019-20 to 31-03-2020, total number of applications were 4074.

In the second table, they mentioned that total number of Grant's and refused applications between the same period, i.e 2019-20 to 31.03.2020 were around 2398 +64

Does it mean that, we have 4074-(2398+64)===1064 Applications left, between same period that need to be processed.

4074 are the applications lodged from 01/07/2019,  but they are still processing applications from the previous financial year

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Hey guys,

Silent Follower

Name: CD

Applied: 4th March, 19

CO Jodie requested functional english for primary applicants. I dont know what need to upload, but still I have uploaded my degree certificate and transcripts of my 3 years of graduation. I dont have university letter, as initially uploaded IELTS.

Can anyone here been granted after uploading documents for Functional english requirements? 

Worried because it's very difficult to sit in the exams after 4 years 

May I know what job you are doing? 

2 hours ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Can anyone here from Gujarat(india) guide me from which department of Gujarat University and what's the exact process to get letter which states about english medium? 

English letter you can get from your college. You have to contact admin office in your college. You have to send your all marksheet and get true copies for all documents. They should have format of english language letter on their letterhead. Make sure you get stamp of college and principal signature on it. And for transcript you have to go to guj. University. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Hi Dee

Thanks mate but as far as I know college only verify your transcript. But for letter you need to go university. I am talking about Gujarat and not sure about other states.

And currently dut to lockdown, all places closed 😞

No, you will get english letter from college 101% and I think university will open from 18/5/20. Restriction will be ease stage by stage. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, A_D said:

Have taken the test prior to applying 489.

3 minutes ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Yes I submitted transcript for each year and plus degree certificate. Currently stood down but yes in IT industry. I am not sure but that may be a reason for extra English proof?

was you primary applicant in your 489 application?

1 minute ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Can anyone please let us know who submitted documents for primary member functional English and waiting for further process of grant?

I am just wondering about how many days they delays application.

Same as you, they asked me for English ability for main and secondary applicants. There is no rule. Sometimes we wait days and sometimes months.

6 hours ago, nudgee said:

Yea it’s not fair I understand, but CO even use the migration law 1958 to back them up and telling applicants it’s not a mistake English ability is a time of decision. Sadly they are not making things easier.

They will never tell you why some applicants get direct grants and some are asked to provide English. I guess it’s depends on applicants job and qualification, whether the job require more English communication etc. Everyone’s circumstances is different. But at the end of the day it’s COs personal judgement.

Yes, you seem to be correct Nudgee, I think CO(s) decide to ask English Language requirements based on applicants current job qualification. 

1 minute ago, DVR said:

Yes, you seem to be correct Nudgee, I think CO(s) decide to ask English Language requirements based on applicants current job qualification. 

What current job qualification you mean. I am a pharmacist and they asked me for functional English. I have to have proficient English to get registered . unless they want only astronauts  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Moksha said:

What current job qualification you mean. I am a pharmacist and they asked me for functional English. I have to have proficient English to get registered . unless they want only astronauts  

Did you do IELTS/PTE again or simply upload your degree certificates ?

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

hahahhaa i am not become more crazy , my advise to you ask them clarification as my agent also said , and it will solve it as it happened before with someone in this forum and co acknowledge that it his fault and he got the grant and CO was Michael 

• Like 3

Just now, Salman khan said:

hahahhaa i am not become more crazy , my advise to you ask them clarification as my agent also said , and it will solve it as it happened before with someone in this forum and co acknowledge that it his fault and he got the grant and CO was Michael 

Really .. 😮 that is good. @Salman khan, do you have any template or sample email that you sent to the department ? We all can get it ready to send out if they ask again, appreciated !! 

Just now, DVR said:

Did you do IELTS/PTE again or simply upload your degree certificates ?

Actually, I did not upload anything for myself as it is not required for main applicants. Most people did not upload anything for English ability for main applicant and got granted. But I uploaded my OET and transcripts after co asked

3 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

I did complain against my co to the immigration department and I am going to complain against him to the ombudsman next Monday as well. 

Just now, Moksha said:

Actually, I did not upload anything for myself as it is not required for main applicants. Most people did not upload anything for English ability for main applicant and got granted. But I uploaded my OET and transcripts after co asked

Cool, did it keep you waiting long time from the visa being granted ?