887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

23 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

That'sso wrong. I mean cant think of anything.. why would they say that.. what are you thinking now??

I think, I know what it is, with 99.9% certainty. 🙂 They must have requested some confirmation of my documents from Russia. They could have sent off for this confirmation months ago and still waiting. Russian administration is notorious for being very very slooooow to answer such queries. And CO is under the instruction not to grant me PR until they get this confirmation. As easy as that... This is probably the reason why the other Russian applicant before me waited for 18 months. 

In this situation there is nothing, absolutely nothing I can do, but wait. 🙂 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, RANJU said:

My confidence level has come down.No hopes.Never ending wait.Anyway do you remember which day we got 6-7 grants in one day in Nov-Dec'18.

Yes mate when I got pr on 26th of October we got around 6 to 7 grants and onot 27/11/18 we got same number of grants when co  Sophorn was back

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sandy kundlas said:

Hi guys i just checked my immi account it says application finalized visa granted. Applied on 12 jan 2018 

further documentation 19 july submitted on 16 August 

grant 15 jan 2019 

i just called the department yesterday and he put my call on hold and told me i submitted everything just have to wait for the processing time thank you so much guys for your support 

Hey mate did u get to know.. who is your CO??

Hey Can someone answer my question here?
Are we entitled to any paid maternity leave while we are waiting for 489 -> 887 grant?
Has anyone tried?

Thanks.
What do you mean by paid maternity leave? If you mean, pay by your employer, that depends on your employer totally. If it is paid by your employer then there is no dependency on your visa irrespective of what visa are you in.

If you mean paid maternity leave from centerlink then you should be a PR holder when you deliver a baby.

Centrelink payments are changed from 1st of January 2019. I think you need to wait for 1 year if the PR is granted after 1st of January 2019 for the paid maternity leave from centrelink.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To ALL experienced members of this group, i would like to have some help as i a m going to apply for 887.

i need information on residence requirement, apart from bank statement and tax assessments etc. i don't have a proper lease on my name for about 1 year i was just sharing with my friends house who he rented it out. i have seen this statutory declaration . how does this thing work or what should i do..?????

second question i have spent 5 weeks overaseas on holiday in 2017. is this 5 week can be concluded.??? 

please any help would be appreciated.???

14 hours ago, Russki said:

I think, I know what it is, with 99.9% certainty. 🙂 They must have requested some confirmation of my documents from Russia. They could have sent off for this confirmation months ago and still waiting. Russian administration is notorious for being very very slooooow to answer such queries. And CO is under the instruction not to grant me PR until they get this confirmation. As easy as that... This is probably the reason why the other Russian applicant before me waited for 18 months. 

In this situation there is nothing, absolutely nothing I can do, but wait. 🙂 

I hope mate you get your visa at the earliest..has been a long waitfor you

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deftown said:

What do you mean by paid maternity leave? If you mean, pay by your employer, that depends on your employer totally. If it is paid by your employer then there is no dependency on your visa irrespective of what visa are you in.

If you mean paid maternity leave from centerlink then you should be a PR holder when you deliver a baby.

Centrelink payments are changed from 1st of January 2019. I think you need to wait for 1 year if the PR is granted after 1st of January 2019 for the paid maternity leave from centrelink.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Thanks deftown. I am thinking along the same lines that whatever parental leave my employer offers should not be affected by the visa status.

I have one more question, I believe @Tpsk has discussed this in the past, Centrelink waiting time is for PR migrants who "arrived" in Australia (from offshore) after 1st January, 2019, or it applies to anyone who got PR granted after 1st January, 2019? Has anyone tested waters yet?

Thanks once again.

6 hours ago, toibz said:

To ALL experienced members of this group, i would like to have some help as i a m going to apply for 887.

i need information on residence requirement, apart from bank statement and tax assessments etc. i don't have a proper lease on my name for about 1 year i was just sharing with my friends house who he rented it out. i have seen this statutory declaration . how does this thing work or what should i do..?????

second question i have spent 5 weeks overaseas on holiday in 2017. is this 5 week can be concluded.??? 

Hi @toibz! 🙂 Providing statutory declarations from you and also from your friend (the house owner) - very good idea. Just download a Stat Dec form the internet, write up a simple text, something like: "I, .... declare that I resided at this address at my friend's house [name] from [date] to [date]." Sign this declaration in front of a Justice of the Peace (they can be found in any library) or in front of a police officer or a pharmacist, whoever you can find from the list of eligible people. Your friend should do the same thing, make sure he puts the same dates in his statutory declaration. 🙂 

Also look for other proof of residency - car rego documents, letters from bank, doctor's receipts with your address on it, anything you can find. Also your bank statement can be a good proof of your living in the area, as all your shopping will be shown in your statements. You can filter or "white out" your bank statements if you do not want to show everything... Also great proof is your GP records, if you visited GP. Or a local dentist. 

5 weeks overseas shouldn't be a problem especially if it was your annual leave and you went away during the period of your continuous employment. If you feel worried about this 5 week period, you can compensate it by applying for your visa 5 weeks after you finished 2 years residency.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toibz said:

you must have private insurance. you can add those document to show your address.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The worst consequences of delayed PR is, you are locked in an area where opportunities are extremely rare and where the uni students are still considered as international students and thereby end up paying sky rocketting fees. Such delay has never happened before. Cant we write to the immi that let them take their own sweet time to grant us our PRs but atleast remove us from the clutches of the above conditions. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Morning Honey. Mandatory for 489 visa holders to have insurance?

Not mandatory, but as a rule 489 holders have one. At least, until they have Medicare access. 🙂 This is looked at very favourably by immigration, shows to them that you are responsible person. 🙂  It's a great documents to show as a proof of residency for 887 application. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peace_at_heart said:

Thanks deftown. I am thinking along the same lines that whatever parental leave my employer offers should not be affected by the visa status.

I have one more question, I believe @Tpsk has discussed this in the past, Centrelink waiting time is for PR migrants who "arrived" in Australia (from offshore) after 1st January, 2019, or it applies to anyone who got PR granted after 1st January, 2019? Has anyone tested waters yet?

Thanks once again.

Interested to know whether the wait is for new arrived or whoever got the PR after 1st jan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honey said:

Yes, it was really beneficial for me. Especially if you are married and planning for kids 🙂

When we came in Australia, in the very first month my son was hospitalised and I had to pay $1,900 for one night stay. I took insurance first before going home. Medical is very costly here.

11 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

When we came in Australia, in the very first month my son was hospitalised and I had to pay $1,900 for one night stay. I took insurance first before going home. Medical is very costly here.

Right. I have to go through c section costing $ 10000, but I was lucky that I had  insurance and it was fully covered by them

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 8:26 AM, Sunit said:

Yes you can combine two jobs, I also done that and got my PR,

hi sunit,

did you have similar issue like me? did you get payslip fortnightly ? and for another job missed out for 1week in every fortnight ? did you make any xl sheet for working out your total hours? please if you could share your scenario it would help and appreciate it 

No updates yet?yesterday 3rd time i send a complaint form and they send in reply,ur application is still under 90% time frame means in 14 months so don’t lodge complaints again and again,it makes slow the process,then today i call immi, I request to the lady,check my file,my lawyer already submit the papers which is required by case officer,she check for me and said ur file is still under 14 months time

• Sad 1