887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 minutes ago, kumar said:

He doesn’t get any notification for uploading a document except updating details like address or passport details but he can see a uploaded document in attachments of your file in his Immi account.

Thanks. I was about to upload 2019 NOA then had second thought would be better to ask in case would cause anything drama. 

12 minutes ago, ben said:

Anyone knows how long does it takes after further assessment.  i applied in 5th march 2018 and still pending.

I think there is no actual timeframe for further assessment giving recent replies. It is depending upon types of info. requested. I have seen someone was granted in a week before first contact whereas someone was awaiting forever after submitting docs. It's really case by case. Lastly I wish CO is in a good mood once my file is being assessing. 

Hye legends, 

this is a 4 years visa and all we are all locked in a contract for 4 years. There is an assumption that they start processing applications who are close to finishing their 4 years. So if this is correct then we have to wait till finish our 4 year period if they cant hold their promise. 
Just to be realistic, in most of the cases who got their visa granted, they nearly lived in regional for about 3.5 to 4 years then got their visa granted.

I have one more year to go to jump on my bridging visa and not expecting to see that any CO clicks on my file even.

6 minutes ago, Jptsap said:

Guys we can’t do anything other than just waiting. Tried to contact them by email/phone/complaint/through mp(state and federal)... no result, same reply ‘wait’.  What you can do is upload all the docs you think required, Stay positive and stop posting this and that.  

when did up apply? i reckon just few months ago, thats why you still can keep that positive 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hope said:

Yes initially my wife and myself had a baby 3 months ago update all documents for baby 

but not sure what else they asked 

that is one of the reason. i think they are dodgy checking all single person's apllication to make everything know that they are still working :)) all family or couples are pushed aside. 

• Like 1

Funny that people think 489 is better than the new 491 because we only need to stay in regional for 2 years.

But the reality is that  the government doesn't want us the move to Metro, they can't change the existing visa requirements, so they extend the 489 living requirement by increasing the visa processing time to 2 years. If 1 year processing time is reasonable, then the extra year will make 489 living requirement become 3 years, which is the same as 491. 

Its fine we can survive in regional, but what did the govenment do to lock eveyone in regional and not providing any welfares and assistance?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Funny that people think 489 is better than the new 491 because we only need to stay in regional for 2 years.

But the reality is that  the government doesn't want us the move to Metro, they can't change the existing visa requirements, so they extend the 489 living requirement by increasing the visa processing time to 2 years. If 1 year processing time is reasonable, then the extra year will make 489 living requirement become 3 years, which is the same as 491. 

Its fine we can survive in regional, but what did the govenment do to lock eveyone in regional and not providing any welfares and assistance? 

This what I said in my previous post! This is true.
we cant get granted unless we live in regional for 5 yrs.

so ppl get ready for this 

• Like 1

Can someone please offer any advice on renting agreements and how a bridging visa affects your lease.

Our 489 Visa expires in January 2020, and our house lease needs to be renewed now in November. Would or should we anticipate any issues in renewing our lease?

I only ask, because I know that financial institutions will only help while your visa is current and they have said that they do not recognise the bridging visa to be valid. 

I am concerned that we will have the same answer from real estate brokers.

29 minutes ago, Max said:

Suggest do not post this kind of comments. If the forum is audited by immigration, it gives them a  kind of impression that we are getting ready to stay for 5 years.

Over the last two weeks people were too much happy that they didn't increase the processing time and we saw the outcome! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Can someone please offer any advice on renting agreements and how a bridging visa affects your lease.

Our 489 Visa expires in January 2020, and our house lease needs to be renewed now in November. Would or should we anticipate any issues in renewing our lease?

I only ask, because I know that financial institutions will only help while your visa is current and they have said that they do not recognise the bridging visa to be valid. 

I am concerned that we will have the same answer from real estate brokers.

Ask agent if you could go with periodic agreement, that's what I am doing now. Agent has no issue with that they don't even ask visa all we do just sign the contact and done!  But cons is rent going up a little bit but acceptable still. 

44 minutes ago, Max said:

Absolute nonsense post!! People are getting their grants between 13 and 14 months. You must have a problem posting these negative forecasts, not sure what you are trying to achieve. 

Another thing, 491 visa holders will also go through a wait period after 3 years of living in a regional area plus will need to prove other earnings conditions.

Stop posting nonsense otherwise you will be called out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Out of box question guys,

My sister  want to apply visitor visa for our mother for second time.She has been here in Australia for 1 year and will going back next month before completing the 12 months.

Can my sister apply for her the second time visitor visa before she leaves.(hoping to get 3 year visa).

Is visiting visa processing time also changed?

Thanks in advance,

MPK

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Absolute nonsense post!! People are getting their grants between 13 and 14 months. You must have a problem posting these negative forecasts, not sure what you are trying to achieve. 

Another thing, 491 visa holders will also go through a wait period after 3 years of living in a regional area plus will need to prove other earnings conditions.

Stop posting nonsense otherwise you will be called out.

ok