887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, VIno said:

Hi Guys I have applied 887 on 20 Feb 2018 i need to apply 489 visa for new born baby what is the procedure, Can someone share some information on this. thanks in advance

I was under the impression that a new born baby gets his/her parents visa. Or citizenship if parents are PR.

Sorry mate dont have more information on this. 

Hi Guys ,

update on the situation,

I have applied for new passports for Kids - done

Have had discussion with MARA agent's ( at least 3 )  and also called IMMI ( 3 times ) for conformation of this discussion  - passports is treated as a document of identity and also a document required for traveling ( to identify the person travelling ).

Hence the out come/ decision  of the visa application is not affected if the passport expires during the process of the application being assessed . In saying so, if the CO requires you to provide a renewed passport , it would be specified.

I have uploaded fresh scanned copies of the Passports and also written a memo to CO ( suggested by one operator - immi ) explaining that the the renewal of passport have been applied.

Now all we can do is either wait for the new passports and upload them  OR  get the grant and update the passports details.

t will be interesting to see which comes first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VIno said:

Hi Guys I have applied 887 on 20 Feb 2018 i need to apply 489 visa for new born baby what is the procedure, Can someone share some information on this. thanks in advance

Was the baby born after you applied 887, If yes : please read below.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/189/if-you-have-a-newborn-child.aspx

1 minute ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Hi Guys ,

update on the situation,

Have had discussion with MARA agent's ( at least 3 )  and also called IMMI ( 3 times ) for conformation of this discussion  - passports is treated as a document of identity and also a document required for traveling ( to identify the person travelling ).

Hence the out come/ decision  of the visa application is not affected if the passport expires during the process of the application being assessed . In saying so, if the CO requires you to provide a renewed passport , it would be specified.

I have uploaded fresh scanned copies of the Passports and also written a memo to CO ( suggested by one operator - immi ) explaining that the the renewal of passport have been applied.

Now all we can do is either wait for the new passports and upload them  OR  get the grant and update the passports details.

Wow this is great information HSK, thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VIno said:

You notify them on ur immi account by filling the change of circumstances form and then apply for birth certificate once u got the BC fill the form 1436 and get the attested copy of birth cert 

send both to the adelaide team. They will issue 489 to ur child and add him/her to ur 887 file.

How about the passport for the new born baby

You notify them on ur immi account by filling the change of circumstances form and then apply for birth certificate once u got the BC fill the form 1436 and get the attested copy of birth cert 
send both to the adelaide team. They will issue 489 to ur child and add him/her to ur 887 file.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, B33l said:

Do we need to pay for the new born baby, while adding in Form 1436.

46 minutes ago, Chaitanya27 said:

Yes, case officer Nancy is  disappear 

eagerly waiting for her reply 

40 days now last time she contacted me,

Next thing you know - you may be getting a grant from CO Dat or Adam! ? ?  Do not have to rely on Nancy alone! ? ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Honey said:

yes you need baby birth certificate ,baby  passport, your passport, visa 489 to send gsm team 

That could be uploaded on immi accout once the child is added in the file. Don't need that for 489 visa. 

Hi Guys ,
update on the situation,

Good somewhere you got a clarification on the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Every month there are some issues for 887 visa processing like - EOFY or BOFY or COs are on leave or immi laws changing etc etc ... ... similar to my country when every time price hikes there are some reason like - Drought or rain or flood etc etc ... ... ???

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2018 at 10:18 AM, Angos said:

I wish the same, they should start picking up the file quickly. I was wondering why they are really slow in process. Our condition is to stay 2 years in regional area, but now we are bound to stay more then 2 years . ?. Well they should hire more CO's  to speed up and indirectly create more employment. ?

Hi,

I think their aim is to mqke us stay in regional as long as possible.  After 2 years, 9months to 11 months of processing time. It's almost 3 years..

They need people in regional I think ???

• Like 2