887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

19 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Hellew everyone, emoji846.png

Just checked this other thread and an applicant from 31st of Jan just got their grant..

0deea64b7dd91705b76a8f836df2bc58.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing the gud news. They got their grant on 24th. Most probably co will be Adam (lone warrior). Looks like January is more or less done. But they have a huge list of 2nd & 3rd timers & with one or two co's working on these files.......Feb cases will still be waiting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronak said:

I applied for 887 on 17th Jan 2018

CO assigned on 6th AUG 2018. Asked for AFP with the name as per passport. Submitted it on 13th of AUG. Still waiting. does anyone know why they are taking so long ???  

I think I know why they are taking so long... because they are planning to give us surprises!!! 

So we wait n wait n wait ... untill we are sick n tired and then wait again ... and lost all hope and planning to go back where we came from. But we realize we dont have enough money to buy tickets ( bloody taxes!!). So now what? Ohh we wait again and plan to find a better job with good money. But you cant even apply because most of the good job asking for residency status. So we "wait" again.

P.S: just trying to put some smile on few faces,  nothing personal or serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, F1406k said:

I think I know why they are taking so long... because they are planning to give us surprises!!! 

So we wait n wait n wait ... untill we are sick n tired and then wait again ... and lost all hope and planning to go back where we came from. But we realize we dont have enough money to buy tickets ( bloody taxes!!). So now what? Ohh we wait again and plan to find a better job with good money. But you cant even apply because most of the good job asking for residency status. So we "wait" again.

P.S: just trying to put some smile on few faces,  nothing personal or serious.

Yes I know. but this wait is really toooo long

21 hours ago, Aswathi said:

Hi the other one is me. Aswathi. My husband is the main applicant. And a small correction is that they asked my pcc from india i.e., pcc for dependant not main applicant.

Thanks a lot Aswathi...that clears up the confussion....coz I was also thinking I never saw my name twice there how come its hapening now....but all is well now I guess

hi all,

I have a question. I have applied for 887 on 07/May/2018 and my daughter has recently got a new passport. can someone please explain how to notify immigration about this change? is it something I can do using my immi account or I have to fill out a form and submit it along with a copy of her passport? Thanks

6 hours ago, Chaitanya27 said:

May be, hopefully case officers are not on long weekend mode  or wait till Tuesday 

A friend of mine applied in August last year and got her PR in November, in less than three months time.... and here we are, people who have applied in January this year are still waiting!!!! and God knows how longer we have to wait. Very frustrating!!

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Samm said:

Hi guys

just want to know do we need bridging b to travel after applying 887, 489 is not expired yet. Please guide if anyone have travelled

Hi

As far as I know No need for Bridging Visa B for Travel as 489 is not expired yet

When 489 expires only you need Bridging Visa B for travel

Guys -  Correct me If I am wrong

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Samm said:

Please guys is medical required for 887 and what about functional English of secondary applicant senior members please

No Medicals required for main and secondary applicant for 887 

But If your having baby born during 887 application baby need to do medicals

Secondary applicant must give functional English proof 

• Thanks 1

Hey guys 

So I uploaded all additional documents CO requested this Saturday and marked them as submitted on immi account. Just wondering if we can still add a couple of more documents? Like they didn't ask for my husband's updated Afp certificate but we did it just to be on safe side but haven't  got the result due to long weekend in Melb. Just conscious that they don't ask for it again the second time! 

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, there is a high chance wife and I will have to go visit the home country this December. Did apply for 887 - Feb 12th 2018 - still waiting for an answer from the CO. Now our 489 visa expires around July 2019, I believe the bridging Visa will be active once 489 visa is expired.  Do we still have to let the Immigration know of our travelling plans?   

Also, do we have to have 6 months validity before the expiry date - meaning can we still travel in / out until the day before the expiry date or does it need to be 6 months before the expiry date? I will call the Immigration office Tomorrow, Just wanted to know your opinions regarding this matter.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by Oalam_12thFeb

Hi Guys,
Just a quick question, there is a high chance wife and I will have to go visit the home country this December. Did apply for 887 - Feb 12th 2018 - still waiting for an answer from the CO. Now our 489 visa expires around July 2019, I believe the bridging Visa will be active once 489 visa is expired.  Do we still have to let the Immigration know of our travelling plans?   
Also, do we have to have 6 months validity before the expiry date - meaning can we still travel in / out until the day before the expiry date or does it need to be 6 months before the expiry date? I will call the Immigration office Tomorrow, Just wanted to know your opinions regarding this matter.
Thanks in Advance

From what I know, you cannot travel out of Australia if ever your bridging visa A is active or else you wont be able to reenter. Alternatively, you can apply for bridging visa B which allows you to come back. I think we can travel in/out up to the visa exp date. And yes, you need to inform Immi about your future travel plans. I might be wrong on some items, guys here can correct me if I’m wrong [emoji6]

In your case Im reckon you still can travel.

44 minutes ago, Oalam_12thFeb said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance

I will definitely suggest you should inform IMMIGRATION as this will also count in International travels which is important question in Form 80.

Your bridging starts only when and if your 489 has expired. So if it has expired then will be on Bridging visa A and you can not travel on that. You have to get B Visa for that

6 month validity is for passport. Passport must be valid for atleast six months when you fly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oalam_12thFeb said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance

I wish you guys get grant prior to go INDIA. SO that you can enjoy.