887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

14 hours ago, Billy 871 said:

Have been a silent follower for a few months.

Finally received the auspicious email.

Submitted 887 application on 8/6/2018.

Requested  for more info (detailed working certificate & national police check) on 18/6/2019.

Contacted by CO via phone call on 29/11/2019.

Granted on 29/11/2019.

CO Katherine

Congrats mate.  Enjoy your grant. 

13 hours ago, Billy 871 said:

Thx, CO called me to clarify some of my work experience with myself, just simply told her the work content and employment condition and that was all she needed.

All the best to you.

Congrats mate. May i ask you what work experience did she ask about? And u mentioned in first post what do you mean by work certificates.

25 minutes ago, Sam123 said:

Hi ppl i have applied for my 887 visa on 19/9/2018.haven’t heard anything yet.no contact by co as well.waiting waiting waiting.

I applied on 19/09/18 too and still did not receive any response from CO, although I received email in September 2019 that confirmed that my application is allocated to CO soon.

I am going to oversea on 12 December....

20 minutes ago, nxtung said:

I applied on 19/09/18 too and still did not receive any response from CO, although I received email in September 2019 that confirmed that my application is allocated to CO soon.

I am going to oversea on 12 December....

We are on the same boat mate.hope we will get a direct grant without co asking anything.good luck all.hope we will get our grants before christmas.

5 hours ago, Visa said:

And who was your first case officer?

The phone call queried my earlier work experience as a domestic service sub-contractor and an uber eats driver. In the post the further work certificate I uploaded was the supplementary payslips & bankstatements that come from my current, full time job. Because they were more regular and could imagine they would cause less confusion for the CO. The first case officer who requested for more information is called RAJANI.

All the best to your application.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 8:16 PM, Ray said:

Hi Friends,

I am silent follower of the forum since quite a time and it is very helpful for 887 applicants. Like many of you I am disappointed and frustrated with the long processing time for 887 visa.

Unfortunately the Skilled migrants are “Political Orphans” neither we are citizens so a political party sees us as a vote bank nor are we refugees whom western media have a soft corner. 

But the the petition of change org is not that impactful. So the link below may help in which someone had filed an e petition to the Australian House of Representatives. In which if it get enough signatures by 25/Dec/2019 it will be presented to the house and may referred to the relevant minister. 
So kindly request all concern migrants to take this opportunity as get as many signatures for this petition as possible.

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list

search for the Petition EN1173 - Requesting to reduce the processing time for 887 visa

DOne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have given this suggestion to Immigration, I think who have been waiting before June - July should give them a suggestion like this. If we keep writing them maybe our voice might be heard, and if you wish to complain or suggest immi you can be anonymous. But I didn't hide my identity.

It’s very prejudiced how immigration is processing file people who applied at 2018 June are still are in the waiting game and people who applied on 2018 September got the result. We no it takes time and process but once you not finished with old files why even to move forward, isn’t it should be like FIFO process, first in first out. And once we get contacted by case officer why can’t it be finalised in months or two months and move to the next file. Applicant are stumbled with what authority is doing.

When individual applied for visa the processing times shows specifically 12  to 14 months then we set our goal, we plan as it is. And all of a sudden after a few months processing time changes 20 - 22 months the changes should be applied to a new application that’s what people plan when they apply. The people who have applied before the new changes, shouldn’t be affected by changes, how fair will be this to applicant will have some peace of mind and will be a fair game.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, Billy 871 said:

The phone call queried my earlier work experience as a domestic service sub-contractor and an uber eats driver. In the post the further work certificate I uploaded was the supplementary payslips & bankstatements that come from my current, full time job. Because they were more regular and could imagine they would cause less confusion for the CO. The first case officer who requested for more information is called RAJANI.

All the best to your application.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Jays0n16 said:

I have given this suggestion to Immigration, I think who have been waiting before June - July should give them a suggestion like this. If we keep writing them maybe our voice might be heard, and if you wish to complain or suggest immi you can be anonymous. But I didn't hide my identity.

It’s very prejudiced how immigration is processing file people who applied at 2018 June are still are in the waiting game and people who applied on 2018 September got the result. We no it takes time and process but once you not finished with old files why even to move forward, isn’t it should be like FIFO process, first in first out. And once we get contacted by case officer why can’t it be finalised in months or two months and move to the next file. Applicant are stumbled with what authority is doing.

When individual applied for visa the processing times shows specifically 12  to 14 months then we set our goal, we plan as it is. And all of a sudden after a few months processing time changes 20 - 22 months the changes should be applied to a new application that’s what people plan when they apply. The people who have applied before the new changes, shouldn’t be affected by changes, how fair will be this to applicant will have some peace of mind and will be a fair game.

This does not affect me however I am happy to adjust the language a bit in order for you to get your message across. 

'It is not understood how the department are currently processing applications that were lodged prior to July 2018, Although we understand that processing can take time it seems that priority is not necessarily given to the earliest applications, but rather randomly reviewed and processed because we have noticed that grants have been issued to applicants who lodged in September 2018 however there are still applicants that lodged prior to July 2018 who have not been processed. It seems logical that applications should be processed on a ‘First in first out’ basis? It also seems logical that once a case officer has reviewed a file and requested more info then they should not take longer than a month to return to the application for processing.

We have also noticed that the global processing periods for the 887 have ballooned out to more than 20 months, however when we originally applied it was only 12 to 14 months. It is only fair and not too much to expect that the processing time should remain the same period as that which existed at the time of application. This would provide applicants with peace of mind and give them the opportunity to plan their lives accordingly'

• Like 3

On 11/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, MZH said:

No , you have to stick with your allocated post code unless you're in bridging visa . 

Hi There,

Just come across the query asking about being able to move if you have applied for the 887, and seen this response. So is it that only when your current visa expires, and the Bridging Visa A becomes active, then you would be able to move to a non-regional area?

With thanks.

1 hour ago, BoddyFam said:

Hi There,

Just come across the query asking about being able to move if you have applied for the 887, and seen this response. So is it that only when your current visa expires, and the Bridging Visa A becomes active, then you would be able to move to a non-regional area?

With thanks.

Yes mate. Once your current visa expired then you are OK to move. 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone...just got a call from my agent that immi has requested more documents.

Police clearance for me and my husband 

Job contract, pay slips and superannuation summary for me being the primary applicant. 

I had provided all the documents except pay slips and super. Providing everything today and hope we will get our PR soon.

Anyone else have been contacted???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1