887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

49 minutes ago, Skaur said:

Well my agent advised me to wait all the days I was away. I think it is better to be safe than sorry. 

You will be fine mite. Immigration allows 4 weeks per year as annual leaves and during this time you are free to go overseas. Also, your residency requirements starts from you got your bridging visa after applying for subclass 489 visa. For example, if you had a bridging visa from April 2017 and you are living in the designated area, your stays count from April 2017 and not July 2017. 

• Like 1

In order to be eligible for the grant of an 887 visa, you must have lived in a specified regional area for at least two years as the holder of a relevant visa at the time you lodged your application. A two year period equates to 24 months or 730 days.

To satisfy 887.212 the main applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least two calendar years while holding one of the provisional GSM visas or bridging visas associated with an application for a provisional GSM visa. Any time spent living in a specified regional area while in Australia on another visa cannot be counted.

If anyone's planning to apply and has been on a long holiday I would strongly recommend to make up your overseas visit days and only apply,  Thank you.

Edited by Jays0n16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nxtung said:

In my opinion, you will be fine. There are following reasons:

1-You have evidence documents to proof for your time you are on holiday. Although CO knows exactly how long you went oversea , from the time you submitted until they process, it takes more than a year so I think CO will not strict this.

2-You already applied and was consulted by agent, so do not worry. The application was done, just try to keep update your information that Immi needs, such as Notice of Assessment/Payment Summary and Superannuation report at end of financial year, updated contract for your rent (if have), PCC, AFP. 

"To make sure 100%, do not hesitate to email or call to Immigration Department" They can give the advice.

Good luck mate

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have already applied and there is nothing much I can apart from withdrawing application.  Fingers crossed:-)

I am just leaving my application as it is, will see If I can set myself as a Use Case.

As per my understanding after enquiring many people, as long as it covers annual leave and maintain all the residency arrangements should be fine. 

Thanks everyone who responded promptly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satish said:

I have already applied and there is nothing much I can apart from withdrawing application.  Fingers crossed:-)

I am just leaving my application as it is, will see If I can set myself as a Use Case.

As per my understanding after enquiring many people, as long as it covers annual leave and maintain all the residency arrangements should be fine. 

You will be fine, as a provisional visa holder you are entitled to leave periods as every other human being in Australia is entitled. You will not be punished for taking leave, whether that is in Australia or abroad. Many applicants have been through the same process without having to make up the additional time and have been successful in getting their grants. Don't be concerned!

• Like 1

Don’t worry mate. I am in the same boat and applied through one of the most reputed migration agent in Adelaide. 6 weeks in 2 years are acceptable. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jays0n16 said:

In order to be eligible for the grant of an 887 visa, you must have lived in a specified regional area for at least two years as the holder of a relevant visa at the time you lodged your application. A two year period equates to 24 months or 730 days.

To satisfy 887.212 the main applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least two calendar years while holding one of the provisional GSM visas or bridging visas associated with an application for a provisional GSM visa. Any time spent living in a specified regional area while in Australia on another visa cannot be counted.

If anyone's planning to apply and has been on a long holiday I would strongly recommend to make up your overseas visit days and only apply,  Thank you.

I totally agree. Wait for few more weeks to compensate is worth because we spent 2 years to live and work hard in regional area. 

Must not take any risks at this stage 🙂

• Like 1

Hope this will help to clear some confusion if you are unknown about these condition -:

4.1 Background
To satisfy 887.212 the main applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least two calendar years while holding one of the provisional GSM visas or bridging visas associated with an application for a provisional GSM visa

4.2 Periods spent outside a specified regional Australia
In considering whether an applicant has been living in a specified regional area for at least two years case officers should note that short holidays during which the applicant visits a metropolitan city or travels overseas, do not detract from a period of residence.

Edited by Jays0n16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone i just joined this group today and last week got granted 489 onshore in SA, Am already living in SA for years. My question is-  I own one taxi with 13 cabs, which am already driving 7 days week. Is it good to fullfil that 1 year working condition in taxi or I should do some other job on TFN as full time 35hrs/ week to make 887 process smoother?Thanks lot 

Edited by James42

7 hours ago, Satish said:

Hi everyone,

This may be repeated question being asked many times. But, much appreciated with your valuable answers.

My 489 was grated on 16 June 2017 and I lodged 887 on 21 June 2019.  I have traveled overseas for 41 days (6 weeks)  (single trip) and this covers under my annual leave and being paid.

Does it satisfies the 2 years residency or any breach in the residency condition?  I am living in Adelaide from 4 years and still living in SA only and working in Permanent full time position from 4 years. I have used 22 of my annual leaves for my vacation (41 days).  I have all rental agreements and payslips from last 4 years.

I didn't get any clear instructions anywhere regarding the length of period, just saying holidays under annual leaves are fine. I have applied through agent and he said it should be all right and no need to wait for 6 weeks to lodge 887, so lodged as soon it completes 2 years.

Please advise, I am bit worried now.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am in the same boat. Went overseas once for 40 days but applied 887 just 4 days after my 2 years stay requirement. However one of my friends rang DIBP and they said under 3 months of overseas stay won't need to be compensated. I am a bit relaxed now. Still a long way to go though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tassie Devils said:

Hi, I am in the same boat. Went overseas once for 40 days but applied 887 just 4 days after my 2 years stay requirement. However one of my friends rang DIBP and they said under 3 months of overseas stay won't need to be compensated. I am a bit relaxed now. Still a long way to go though

I will sleep with peace of mind now, such a positive news for me. Thank you for your response.

1 hour ago, Tassie Devils said:

Hi, I am in the same boat. Went overseas once for 40 days but applied 887 just 4 days after my 2 years stay requirement. However one of my friends rang DIBP and they said under 3 months of overseas stay won't need to be compensated. I am a bit relaxed now. Still a long way to go

I am in the same boat. I have completed 2 years in regional area but I went overseas for 4 weeks. Now, I am completing my 730 days and i have not applied so far. I am left with 14 more days, then I will apply.

Yes, It is a tradition that 4 weeks are allowed in a year but trust me no such written rule exists. Usually, CO don't make issue but If any CO asks about the time you spent overseas, you don't have a legal ground to defend. Therefore, it is best to complete 730 days in regional area. 

Another point is that granting period is minimum 12 to 14 months in case of direct grant and you will remain in pain for 14 months thinking about the time you spent overseas. Trust me wait for some weeks and then apply, you will atleast spend 14 months pain free. If you apply early, you will have this pain every day regardless that you will be granted 887 after a year or so.

• Like 1

I am in the same boat. I have completed 2 years in regional area but I went overseas for 4 weeks. Now, I am completing my 730 days and i have not applied so far. I am left with 14 more days, then I will apply.
Yes, It is a tradition that 4 weeks are allowed in a year but trust me no such written rule exists. Usually, CO don't make issue but If any CO asks about the time you spent overseas, you don't have a legal ground to defend. Therefore, it is best to complete 730 days in regional area. 
Another point is that granting period is minimum 12 to 14 months in case of direct grant and you will remain in pain for 14 months thinking about the time you spent overseas. Trust me wait for some weeks and then apply, you will atleast spend 14 months pain free. If you apply early, you will have this pain every day regardless that you will be granted 887 after a year or so.
True. I am on the same boat and although I went overseas for 3 weeks a year which I think should not be a problem, but whenever someone post about this issue, my pain and worry just woke up lol. My advice is to wait for a bit longer if you already travel overseas. Then waiting time will be pain free.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hope this will help to clear some confusion if you are unknown about these condition -:
4.1 Background
To satisfy 887.212 the main applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least two calendar years while holding one of the provisional GSM visas or bridging visas associated with an application for a provisional GSM visa
4.2 Periods spent outside a specified regional Australia
In considering whether an applicant has been living in a specified regional area for at least two years case officers should note that short holidays during which the applicant visits a metropolitan city or travels overseas, do not detract from a period of residence.
Where did you get this infos from? Cheers

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I got this from immigration CO's  letter 

8 hours ago, Jays0n16 said:

Hey, mate, I got this message from immigration, and posted if some people can benefit from this information, and I came to regional on my bridging visa @ 1st November 2015 m fighting for it because I went 9 months overseas (off and on)  but all paid holiday, I had family tragedy so priority is always family. This message was sent to me by Immigration to reply on these adverse effect S57 natural justice. 

Hi, 

I'm new to this forum.

Applied 887 on 09/08/2018. Didn't hear anything till 04/12/2019. Yesterday (04/12/2019) received an email requesting more information on my husband's functional English. I have already provided info on his 1 year of full time study in Australia but the CO is saying that it's not sufficient. I've already provided a letter from the education institute, transcripts and his completion certificate and I don't know what else I should submit. He finished his studies in 2011 and I wonder is that the issue CO has?

Does that mean that he has to take an English test?

Can I call them and ask what documents they are expecting?

Please help me.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, IMAD said:

Hi, 

I'm new to this forum.

Applied 887 on 09/08/2018. Didn't hear anything till 04/12/2019. Yesterday (04/12/2019) received an email requesting more information on my husband's functional English. I have already provided info on his 1 year of full time study in Australia but the CO is saying that it's not sufficient. I've already provided a letter from the education institute, transcripts and his completion certificate and I don't know what else I should submit. He finished his studies in 2011 and I wonder is that the issue CO has?

Does that mean that he has to take an English test?

Can I call them and ask what documents they are expecting?

Please help me.

Thanks.

PM  you. hope it helps