887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Just a 887s said:

Yes, you are right. My wife took the IELTS exam after lodging but CO asked a new one as below:

Evidence of your English language ability
The IELTS test report for test date 8/09/2018 you provided with your application has
expired. Provide evidence of your Functional English language ability.

However below is mentioned in their emails attachment

The test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application
lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.

I will send the previous one as well

Cheers buddy,

Hi, just want to clarify a bit more re your case:

1. Did you apply in August 2018 or August 2019? If it was Aug 2019 then you were contacted within less than 4 months? 

2. Your wife's IELTS was taken on 08/09/2018 which is within 12 months, I dont understand why they requested for updated one? 

Thanks,

Tracy

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Ohh what does that mean? I mean if I am applying for 887 next year end, I wont get medical and centrelink benifits or just centrelink?

Is there a possibility that even they take off medical as well ... This is so bad ..

Would it be possible for you or anyone to share the link of this mews so I can read it and understand it 

you will get medicare only when you apply 887 but no central link benefit.. all the information available on the immigration site...

Hi guys,

I am holding 489 visa & currently working in a full time job. I am a salaried employee and employment contract is signed basis working 76 hours per fortnight. However, most of my actual working hours per week are about 30 hours or less but I am paid for full 76 hours every fortnight. Will it be a problem for applying 887 visa due to this as minimum working hour requirement for full time work is minimum 35 hours per week as per DHA websites?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/2/2019 at 5:11 PM, BoddyFam said:

How many signatures do you need for it to be presented?

I am not sure, but guess more the better, as last date is 25 of this month if there are enough signatures the committee might consider to take it up to the discussion.

4 hours ago, Mariner said:

Hi guys,

I am holding 489 visa & currently working in a full time job. I am a salaried employee and employment contract is signed basis working 76 hours per fortnight. However, most of my actual working hours per week are about 30 hours or less but I am paid for full 76 hours every fortnight. Will it be a problem for applying 887 visa due to this as minimum working hour requirement for full time work is minimum 35 hours per week as per DHA websites?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem at all, as long as your contract shows full time employment it is automatically considered as 38 hours per week, even though you may work more or less than that

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

Are you applying for 887 at the end of 2020?

2 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

No problem at all, as long as your contract shows full time employment it is automatically considered as 38 hours per week, even though you may work more or less than that

no at the end of 2019 

On 12/6/2019 at 1:40 PM, Tracy D said:

1. Did you apply in August 2018 or August 2019? If it was Aug 2019 then you were contacted within less than 4 months? 

2. Your wife's IELTS was taken on 08/09/2018 which is within 12 months, I dont understand why they requested for updated one? 

Thanks,

Tracy

I applied on August 2018.

It seems that the requesting of a new Ielts by Co was a mistake by him.

Guys just need a suggestion.i applied for my 887 on 19/09/18.havent got contact by co yet and i have got that generic email on September.i am planning to move my house.do you guys suggest me to wait until this month or doesnot matter.i afraid if co look for my file this week or nxt week they might ask for my other address proof

On 12/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, Tracy D said:

Thanks,

Tracy

Validity of English Tests

Tests conducted up to 3 years prior to lodgement of an application will be accepted by the Department of Immigration.

The only exception to this is for functional English - this requires testing to have been done at most 12 months before lodgement.

19 hours ago, Sam123 said:

Guys just need a suggestion.i applied for my 887 on 19/09/18.havent got contact by co yet and i have got that generic email on September.i am planning to move my house.do you guys suggest me to wait until this month or doesnot matter.i afraid if co look for my file this week or nxt week they might ask for my other address proof

I would wait for a couple of months than complicating the application. But your circumstances demand the move o probs of moving while respecting the 489 rules. 

20 hours ago, Sam123 said:

It does not matter, you do not have to wait. You have already provided details for the address you stayed at for your application. If they want details of your new address then they will ask for that if needed