887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello Guys! Reaching out for some suggestion. 

I am getting ready to apply for my 887 and was slightly unsure of one thing around residency. I am currently working for a firm and my role requires me to travel extensively to Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra on business. My trips dont last beyond 2 to 5 days each time I travel and everything in Adelaide is BAU during that time. Should I be taking my domestic business travels into account while calculating my two year residency? 

Please let me know

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Sohail said:

I am getting ready to apply for my 887 and was slightly unsure of one thing around residency. I am currently working for a firm and my role requires me to travel extensively to Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra on business. My trips dont last beyond 2 to 5 days each time I travel and everything in Adelaide is BAU during that time. Should I be taking my domestic business travels into account while calculating my two year residency? 

Please let me know

Cheers

No mate no need to take business travel into account for your residency period, as long as your base is in a regional area and you have records to show that. Meetings etc in metropolitan areas will not affect you and is not recorded anywhere. Your employers letter etc will confirm that you work regional, including payslips, etc

24 minutes ago, 13June2018 said:

Hi All- We had contact from the Dept. today via our agent for more info. We had recently welcomed a little girl into the world and they asked for her passport. CO Katerine.  We were asked for info in July 2019 also.

meaning the COs are still working 🙂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sohail said:

Please let me know

Cheers

I was in a similar situation and I didn't take factor that in. However, my agent advised that I could not travel to a metro location for more than one or two days per month. I'm not sure how often you are traveling.

32 minutes ago, 13June2018 said:

Hi All- We had contact from the Dept. today via our agent for more info. We had recently welcomed a little girl into the world and they asked for her passport. CO Katerine.  We were asked for info in July 2019 also.

did you applied on 13/06/18???

and what they asked first time??

1 hour ago, Sam123 said:

I think co’s already stopped working.if we dont get any grants by this week then have to wait until 1st or 2nd week of jan for grants.my almost been 15months waiting now.not even single contact yet not grant.applied on 19/09/18.not option other than wait.frustrating.

I am after you mate. Wait till Friday and rain of grant coming soon before Christmas holiday. 

46 minutes ago, SUDIP said:

Yet another Dry Day 😦

I am so sorry for your situation, I always think that you deserve your Golden email before me at least. You have waited so long, i can understand the frustration we are all stuck in a limbo. I really wish you Good luck before Christmas. Hang in there... we are dealing with Public servants here, they ll do the job when they feel like, dont blame them they dont get paid enough to take care of us they just have to process documents which they do in their own time. 

did you apply via the immigration agent or yourself?

Edited by Anna

45 minutes ago, Sathi said:

Pls members suggest me whether to apply 887 through migration agent or Myself? I was thinking of applying through reputed migration agent ISCAH but there fees for 887 is $2800 on their website. Should I apply through ISCAH or myself. Pls suggest. 

Do you live in Perth?

Oh ok. Iscah operates there too? Well if you have straight forward case then don’t need to go  to the agent but if you feel like you may need some help regarding some unknowing mistakes you should hire them at first place 

Edited by Nsingh
Mistake

Just now, Nsingh said:

Oh ok. Iscah operates there too? Well if you have straight forward case then don’t need to go  to the agent but if you feel like you may need some help regarding some unknowing mistakes you should hire them at first place 

7 minutes ago, Sathi said:

No, in Tasmania 

7 minutes ago, Sathi said:

No, in Tasmania 

Guys I am new here I am planning to apply 887 on my own in few days so I have started filling the online form  Should I lodge the application and attach doc like Police Certificate that I will be getting in few days or wait and Lodge with complete Docs???

7 hours ago, nomi said:

Guys I am new here I am planning to apply 887 on my own in few days so I have started filling the online form  Should I lodge the application and attach doc like Police Certificate that I will be getting in few days or wait and Lodge with complete Docs???

no harm attaching docs later.