887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Jays0n16 said:

I have given this suggestion to Immigration, I think who have been waiting before June - July should give them a suggestion like this. If we keep writing them maybe our voice might be heard, and if you wish to complain or suggest immi you can be anonymous. But I didn't hide my identity.

It’s very prejudiced how immigration is processing file people who applied at 2018 June are still are in the waiting game and people who applied on 2018 September got the result. We no it takes time and process but once you not finished with old files why even to move forward, isn’t it should be like FIFO process, first in first out. And once we get contacted by case officer why can’t it be finalised in months or two months and move to the next file. Applicant are stumbled with what authority is doing.

When individual applied for visa the processing times shows specifically 12  to 14 months then we set our goal, we plan as it is. And all of a sudden after a few months processing time changes 20 - 22 months the changes should be applied to a new application that’s what people plan when they apply. The people who have applied before the new changes, shouldn’t be affected by changes, how fair will be this to applicant will have some peace of mind and will be a fair game.

That’s why please sign the petition I had shared earlier https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list

42 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Hi everyone...just got a call from my agent that immi has requested more documents.

Police clearance for me and my husband 

Job contract, pay slips and superannuation summary for me being the primary applicant. 

I had provided all the documents except pay slips and super. Providing everything today and hope we will get our PR soon.

Anyone else have been contacted???

When did you Apply?

29 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

How many signatures do you need for it to be presented?

If you can look at petitions list by filtering status='Responsed' or 'Presented', there are petitions who have been presented and responded even with 1 Signature. But not sure, how long does it take and who will look after petitions regarding the Visas. The best we can do is  increase the count.

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1006

Number of signatures: 3
Closing date for signatures: 09 October 2019 (11.59pm AEST)

Thanks

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Satish said:

If you can look at petitions list by filtering status='Responsed' or 'Presented', there are petitions who have been presented and responded even with 1 Signature. But not sure, how long does it take and who will look after petitions regarding the Visas. The best we can do is  increase the count.

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1006

Number of signatures: 3
Closing date for signatures: 09 October 2019 (11.59pm AEST)

Thanks

OK thanks very much! I have signed!

• Thanks 1

Advice please:  while applying for 887,  can I use the same translated docs used for 489, providing that these documents were translated overseas in my home country?

Or I should get these docs translated in Australia with NAATI agent as long I do apply from Australia?

Your answers will help a lot

thanks. 

2 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

I have seen that members had to attach updated passports because they have expired. But do they also require that passports have a minimum amount of time on them, prior to granting the 887 visa? E.g min 6 months prior on passport? 

Yes my agent told me that 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skaur said:

Yes my agent told me that 

Thanks for this! My country takes 6 - 12 months to renew passports...so although my kids passports only expire in August, I need to renew now...but by the time they process our visa, we not not even have the new passports yet 😖. So many hurdles. I applied in February, so at the time the passports still had 1 year and 7 months. 

Just grateful for the forum as its only because I saw someone else's post did I think to check our passport expiry dates. And when you apply you think you have plenty of time left on the passports...but because this process takes SO SO long you constantly need to be checking docs and dates etc!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I applied on 25/08/2018.

Today (2/12/2019) I got a request for a medical examination for a 2-year-old child who is born here in Australia. Co Wilson generated HAP ID. 

Family of 4.

I asked 3 months ago if they can send me HAP ID but they said that examination is not required for any of us.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Navdeep047 said:

Hi everyone...just got a call from my agent that immi has requested more documents.

Police clearance for me and my husband 

Job contract, pay slips and superannuation summary for me being the primary applicant. 

I had provided all the documents except pay slips and super. Providing everything today and hope we will get our PR soon.

Anyone else have been contacted???

Hi, did you supply these documents when you lodged your visa? If yes, Why they asked them again?

1 hour ago, Aussie 12 said:

Hi all,

I applied on 25/08/2018.

Today (2/12/2019) I got a request for a medical examination for a 2-year-old child who is born here in Australia. Co Wilson generated HAP ID. 

Family of 4.

I asked 3 months ago if they can send me HAP ID but they said that examination is not required for any of us.

Cheers!

Nothing to say mate.

hi There,

I applied 27/08/2018

Today got requested from case officer kathrene 

1.Functional english  

2.Character requirements (AFP) for my wife- I need senior people to suggest me regarding this AFP, which i already updated in july but asking again with name issues 

(Character requirements – Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Police Check The certificate provided does not list all names you have been known by. Please provide a new certificate ensuring you list the following:). plz suggest me Thanks 

• Sad 1

hi There,
I applied 27/08/2018
Today got requested from case officer kathrene 
1.Functional english  
2.Character requirements (AFP) for my wife- I need senior people to suggest me regarding this AFP, which i already updated in july but asking again with name issues 
(Character requirements – Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Police Check The certificate provided does not list all names you have been known by. Please provide a new certificate ensuring you list the following:). plz suggest me Thanks 

Who is the primary applicant you or your wife? It seams like your wife known as other name in her workplace. It's called alias name, it could be formal or informal name. Most probably they found out from reference latter or from employer. Lets find out the alias name, then apply for new AFP. All the best.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Who is the primary applicant you or your wife? It seams like your wife known as other name in her workplace. It's called alias name, it could be formal or informal name. Most probably they found out from reference latter or from employer. Lets find out the alias name, then apply for new AFP. All the best.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

hi Thanks for the reply but i am the primary applicant and i put the same name which shown in her passport.  case officer mentioned two different name so do you recon i need to get new afp certificate and mentioned both names..?

7 hours ago, Liveyourlife said:

hi Thanks for the reply but i am the primary applicant and i put the same name which shown in her passport.  case officer mentioned two different name so do you recon i need to get new afp certificate and mentioned both names..?

@Maxzone and other senior members plz suggest me .the case officer mentioned two different name of my wife and asking for new afp. So, question is do I need to mentioned second name on details of applicant section ( other given names) section. Plz have a look my attachments 

EC6FBFC3-1855-4849-9DC6-7D81698D653B.png

FDCEAF0F-7C2E-4AE0-BC70-C46E4F746F34.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Liveyourlife said:

@Maxzone and other senior members plz suggest me .the case officer mentioned two different name of my wife and asking for new afp. So, question is do I need to mentioned second name on details of applicant section ( other given names) section. Plz have a look my attachments 

Hi Liveyourlife,

I think you should put all other names. Check your documents which has your wife's name. It is the suggestion for another name. 

I list few other names as some letters just show the 1 letter of my first name or 1 letter of my middle name. So I just put in the list. I think you list up to 20 other names.

55 minutes ago, nxtung said:

Hi Liveyourlife,

I think you should put all other names. Check your documents which has your wife's name. It is the suggestion for another name. 

I list few other names as some letters just show the 1 letter of my first name or 1 letter of my middle name. So I just put in the list. I think you list up to 20 other names.

@nxtung so you mean say mentioned other name in other given name section in application form. Case officer just listed two name, the one in the passport and other one is in my marriage certificate