887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 minutes ago, jasmin FR said:

I applied for 887 visa, last year  7 June,2019

I am in huge queue and I am mature aged women but driving uber. I feel we damaged our life by coming on 489 visa. No case officer assigned to my case. I feel myself very helpless.

Same here , getting unfairly treated at work on daily basis  , have to pass better employment opportunities and better paid work due to location restrictions and limited duration remaining in visa , sick of having to wait 1 - 2 weeks to see a gp or wait longer to order and receive vaccination for my kid,  cannot get a housing loan without getting told to come back after getting pr and now have to pay off someone else mortgage renting their house, the issue is no one in the gov listens or cares , I've msgs plenty of ministers both gov and opposition , no one even responds , if they can validate , do background checks and finalises 190 pr lodged from overseas by a complete stranger to Australia who had never ever paid a single cent of tax to Australian economy , within a couple of months ,  knowing that they may never even step a single foot in a regional town after arriving here , why can't they finalise our files within a reasonable time , we already live in  regional and paying taxes , atleast look at the files within a reasonable time and request missing info without asking for them after more than a year , it's not doing us or regional any good as they will be left with a very unhappy group of temporary residents who has lost motivation and lives with depression 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

U think a Layer is going to help they work for money you keep giving them money and keep stretching the case to collect evidence by the time case would be in court you might be resident or may be citizen That’s waste of time may be CURRENT AFFAIR  that always works now a days and govt bodies work 

Edited by Maninder

3 minutes ago, KC01 said:

489 and 491 is a legal slave visa. They should change the name. Because it is not skill visa. They want master’s degree holder slave. 
do not suggest anyone in future to apply this visa. 

agree, I believe 491 will just be as bad when those who complete their 3 years living requirements, they will need to wait another 5 years to get their PR 

25 minutes ago, Gagandeep Singh said:

Hi all

Just want to ask one question - Is there any one alongside me, who applied 17 Months and 21 days before and not having a single contact yet from any case officer; did't even know that they are working on my case or not?

or there are many others like me?

Please share yours views.

Thank You.

More than 19 months me and there are some nearly 23 months 

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

Does anyone knows any lawyer who is willing to file a case against the unreasonable processing time? I hate to say but if they continue this trend those who submitted the applications in 2019 will need to suffer for another year.

A group of likeminded 489ers thought about contacting a lawyer almost a year ago. However, nobody pursues because money was involved. I'm based in Adelaide and happy to arrange an appointment with a lawyer if accompanied by other group members. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

A group of likeminded 489ers thought about contacting a lawyer almost a year ago. However, nobody pursues because money was involved. I'm based in Adelaide and happy to arrange an appointment with a lawyer if accompanied by other group members. 

I am not in Adelaide otherwise I am more than happy to go with you, but I am happy to contribute money

1 hour ago, Gagandeep Singh said:

Hi all

Just want to ask one question - Is there any one alongside me, who applied 17 Months and 21 days before and not having a single contact yet from any case officer; did't even know that they are working on my case or not?

or there are many others like me?

Please share yours views.

Thank You.

You are not alone... I know a family who has completed 19 months and not a single contact from  case officers.

5 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

We have seen this is past as well whenever the processing time increases they will speed up the process, sometimes with direct grants as well.

I believe next few weeks would be good ... 

the new processing time is for Jan 2020, but I believe Feb 2020 is even worse, they did nothing in Feb and next month the new processing time will be 21 - 24 months 

Edited by nudgee

1 minute ago, Swarne27 said:

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

Not sure how many from this group have signed this, looks like count is not increasing at all.! It's time to act and do something ! 19-22 months is too much.!

• Like 1