887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

yea true DHA is very busy with Coronavirus affected visas (mainly visitor visa and student visa) , and the Cos that assigned to 887 are casuals and will perform different tasks base on the demand. 887 is the smallest group of skill migration visas and is always the least priority 

I am really hoping you get your visa really soon! You have been waiting such a long time, so really hoping that it comes through for you! I have been waiting over 13 months, so can only imagine the frustration at waiting nearly 2 years!! 

1 minute ago, BoddyFam said:

I am really hoping you get your visa really soon! You have been waiting such a long time, so really hoping that it comes through for you! I have been waiting over 13 months, so can only imagine the frustration at waiting nearly 2 years!! 

I have been waiting for exactly 22 months and they will increase the processing time again this month to 24 months so they will say I still within the timeframe, and now they completely stop working 

46 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I have been waiting for exactly 22 months and they will increase the processing time again this month to 24 months so they will say I still within the timeframe, and now they completely stop working 

I feel your pain mate we unable to do much about it apparently 

7 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

Well, I was just speaking hypothetically. 

haha, I know, I don't know if it matters, but I think we definitely all suffer now, I think it just a matter of luck, I wish I have Wilson in the first place and he will never ask that 

1 minute ago, Angry Coder said:

Sometimes I wonder it is nature which is giving us a second chance to think.

I don't mind to wait if the whole process is fair, but is clearly not, only 887 is struggle and not moving, the department is processing any other visas as normal (including 189 and 190), I don't know why they have to treat us like this, 887 applicants pay the most taxes and well deserve the PR 

16 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I don't mind to wait if the whole process is fair, but is clearly not, only 887 is struggle and not moving, the department is processing any other visas as normal (including 189 and 190), I don't know why they have to treat us like this, 887 applicants pay the most taxes and well deserve the PR 

My problem with this whole 887 process thing is the processing time which keeps on changing. Ideally, this time should be fixed for each applicant or shouldn't be there at all. At this stage, it only creates confusion and giving the department an escape route. 

You can't say that the department is keeping you in dark because they've mentioned the processing time on their websites but you can't hold them accountable because they always keep you under the standard processing time. If they don't process your application within that time, they will simply increase it and you will be still under the standard processing time. 

I just want to know the max they can do because I don't see anything coming my way anytime soon. So instead of wasting time chasing them, I want to be silent and wait till that maximum time. 

12 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

My problem with this whole 887 process thing is the processing time which keeps on changing. Ideally, this time should be fixed for each applicant or shouldn't be there at all. At this stage, it only creates confusion and giving the department an escape route. 

You can't say that the department is keeping you in dark because they've mentioned the processing time on their websites but you can't hold them accountable because they always keep you under the standard processing time. If they don't process your application within that time, they will simply increase it and you will be still under the standard processing time. 

I just want to know the max they can do because I don't see anything coming my way anytime soon. So instead of wasting time chasing them, I want to be silent and wait till that maximum time. 

Last month and this month they did nothing so processing time for Feb will increase to 24 months and March will be 26 months, which is even longer than the living requirement 

1 hour ago, Mazie said:

It's never the bushfires or covid it's just there policy to keep us in regional areas.. and keep us ineligible for other benefits as long as possible 

Who cares about the benefits

most of us can’t give to community what we have to offer and can’t earn money to our full potential 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maninder said:

Who cares about the benefits

most of us can’t give to community what we have to offer and can’t earn money to our full potential 

Many people care about benefits especially child care subsidy here in regional areas earning is not enough to support child care..

Other than that we too want our professional job and better future which is not possible as long as we are on this Visa

9 hours ago, semtiaz13 said:

Hi, looking for advice. I am eligible for apply in 887. I have a new born 3 months old and waiting for her passport. Should I apply now and add her later on or wait for her passport and then apply? Please suggest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should apply now and upload her birth certificate instead. Upload the passport when you get it. They're not going to touch your file sooner anyway. So better apply as soon as you can. 

Edited by Angry Coder
Fix English
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, Liveyourlife said:

Hi there any grant from August 2018..? It’s quite sad the time frame keep increasing 

No Grant yet. 20 months on application. Complaint outcome was that i am still in time frame.

Sent last month all my family to overseas as father of my wife is seriously sick and family will comeback after 4 months.

SO NOT IN HURRY NOW AND WILL NOT CONTACT DEPARTMENT MYSELF UNTIL FAMILY IS ONSHORE.

FEELING RELAX BECAUSE NOT THINKING ABOUT 887 VISA GRANT NOW.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DANISH RAZA said:

No Grant yet. 20 months on application. Complaint outcome was that i am still in time frame.

Sent last month all my family to overseas as father of my wife is seriously sick and family will comeback after 4 months.

SO NOT IN HURRY NOW AND WILL NOT CONTACT DEPARTMENT MYSELF UNTIL FAMILY IS ONSHORE.

FEELING RELAX BECAUSE NOT THINKING ABOUT 887 VISA GRANT NOW.

Probably that's the best thing to do.