887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, vincent said:

Thanks for the replies, do you need to declare medical again when you apply for 887? or they are cool with the old one?

I am anxious when I go GP get a prescription for my medicine the health record will show so, or it's confidential even for the government? 

It really sucks, when the first-day travel ban was issued, I just arrived in  Melbourne airport and get deported because the immigration says 489 is not PR, but interestingly, my friend on the next flight who holding a student visa get in.

considering the COVD-19 still going, not sure when could get back to Australia, really frustrating even thinking about to find a full-time job nowadays.

stay put as lots of people like you stuck outside with half of their family members onshore and half off shore. this is a stressful time but you have already applied for 887 and its under processing, it means you don't need to worry about it too much. When everything settles down you will be able to come. Right now try to take less stress as it will make your health worse. Just chill and leave it in God's hand/

2 hours ago, vincent said:

Thanks for the replies, do you need to declare medical again when you apply for 887? or they are cool with the old one?

I am anxious when I go GP get a prescription for my medicine the health record will show so, or it's confidential even for the government? 

It really sucks, when the first-day travel ban was issued, I just arrived in  Melbourne airport and get deported because the immigration says 489 is not PR, but interestingly, my friend on the next flight who holding a student visa get in.

considering the COVD-19 still going, not sure when could get back to Australia, really frustrating even thinking about to find a full-time job nowadays.

when you not is australia than how they come to know that you are diabetic.. keep and calm and hope for good..

26 minutes ago, Mkaur said:

Hi

Anyone can help me for applying police clearance on VFS website. I cant find out info. Which section contain info related to police clearance. Thanks in advance

Arrange documents as per this checklist:-

https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/Australia/passport_service/pdf/pcc-checklist-new.pdf

You need to fill application form per applicant on this site as well:-

https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/

Also need to book appointment before visiting VFS office.

Edited by jaknap3

Hi seniors

just need your suggestions regarding PCC. We did our PCC during 489 visa and after that we are not visited to India. So we still need to apply our PCC or not as we are not visited india after the previous PCC. 
Also We pay for functional English for my husband during 489 and now 887 he is primary applicant. So if we upload his functional English payment receipt now, is it ok to show his evidence of English now or we again need to pay.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, jaknap3 said:

Arrange documents as per this checklist:-

https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/Australia/passport_service/pdf/pcc-checklist-new.pdf

You need to fill application form per applicant on this site as well:-

https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/

Also need to book appointment before visiting VFS office.

Do anyone have an idea how much time they take to process PCC these days. Their website says eight weeks. Also do they keep passport during the processing?

On 6/6/2020 at 3:12 PM, Rupom said:

I uploaded the stat dec before they asked for the passport as i knew otherwise they will request for passport. If you think you might get the passport in one or 2 weeks, then you might wait. Otherwise upload stat dec and click confirm attached. My new born passport will be taking long time. I am not even sure whether i will get it in 1month or not.

Thanks @Rupom , Mate i was not sure either as processing time of new passport 6-8weeks average.

I attached newborn passport application form receipt, along with the letter that i will submit the passport as soon as i receive.

Clicked confirmed attached is that fine?

i called the Immigration helpline, they said you attached whatever you could...

now its auto status updated -further assesment..

is that right mate...not sure whther the CO will extend 28days or grant us...

thanks in advance 

Should i attach stat declaration as well? Or reference letter is fine mate

applied date 30June 2019

Asked by CO -newborn passport on 4th June 2020

Edited by nmit07

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

There are only 329 applicants by August 2019, so I am sure they will be all within a few days. 

September and October applicants are a bit more 505, 512 respectively, but it will be cleared shortly too. So, I think we could see the visa grant among the 2020 applicants in a few months time as long as this speed is ongoing.

Border closure brings unexpected gift for 887 visa holders.. 

Hi,

From where u got month-wise application status?

can u please send me link for that?

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

There are only 329 applicants by August 2019, so I am sure they will be all within a few days. 

September and October applicants are a bit more 505, 512 respectively, but it will be cleared shortly too. So, I think we could see the visa grant among the 2020 applicants in a few months time as long as this speed is ongoing.

Border closure brings unexpected gift for 887 visa holders.. 

How many average cases are being processed per month, any idea or source for the same?

Good morning guys,  I am so glad to see that they pushed the grants to August, jumping from December 2018 to August 2019 in just under 2 months, I think they will clear all the 887 applications in 3 months. Great job everyone, you are all well deserved !!!

Sorry for my absence in the last few days because I was busy moving house as I have decided to relocate to Melbourne for a new life.

The 887 tracker is incredibly helpful as it provides a summary for 887 applicants, especially we know that not everyone have time to keep following the forum for updates due to busy life schedule. 

Most senior members here have received their grants and have moved on with their lives, which is fantastic. Therefore not many people are managing the tracker at this stage. 

I would encourage anyone who are still waiting for their grants, volunteer to update the tracker, if you are keen, please send an email to the owner of the tracker,  Lana Bavykina on lanabavykina@gmail.com, she will give you permission to edit the tracker. This forum is amazing because we are here to help and support each other. 

I will continue to help when I have time but I will not be as active lately because I need to concentrate on finding a new employment. Good luck everyone!!!

Edited by nudgee
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Khushi said:

Hi seniors

just need your suggestions regarding PCC. We did our PCC during 489 visa and after that we are not visited to India. So we still need to apply our PCC or not as we are not visited india after the previous PCC. 
Also We pay for functional English for my husband during 489 and now 887 he is primary applicant. So if we upload his functional English payment receipt now, is it ok to show his evidence of English now or we again need to pay.

Thanks 

If you have not visited India after you received the Indian PCC, it is highly unlikely that a C/o would ask for that again for your 887. Having said that, each case is different, so it might be requested again depending on the nature of your case/case officer or by mistake. I was concerned of the same when I applied, I was like you (not from India though). Therefore, what I did was I attached copies of my previous PCCs for 489 so that it wouldn't have to be requested even by a careless C/o. I got the grant without any issues.

The way forward is minimizing the risk of CO's requesting this and that to the left, right and centre if you are aiming for a direct grant. If you are uncertain for any reason whatsoever, you probably should apply for a new Indian PCC well in advance and upload it.

Edited by NachoLibre

29 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Good morning guys,  I am so glad to see that they pushed the grants to August, jumping from December 2018 to August 2019 in just under 2 months, I think they will clear all the 887 applications in 3 months. Great job everyone, you are all well deserved !!!

Sorry for my absence in the last few days because I was busy moving house as I have decided to relocate to Melbourne for a new life.

The 887 tracker is incredibly helpful as it provides a summary for 887 applicants, especially we know that not everyone have time to keep following the forum for updates due to busy life schedule. 

Most senior members here have received their grants and have moved on with their lives, which is fantastic. Therefore not many people are managing the tracker at this stage. 

I would encourage anyone who are still waiting for their grants, volunteer to update the tracker, if you are keen, please send an email to the owner of the tracker,  Lana Bavykina on lanabavykina@gmail.com, she will give you permission to edit the tracker. This forum is amazing because we are here to help and support each other. 

I will continue to help when I have time but I will not be as active lately because I need to concentrate on finding a new employment. Good luck everyone!!!

Good work Nudgee. Keep rocking.