887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 hours ago, NachoLibre said:

If you have not visited India after you received the Indian PCC, it is highly unlikely that a C/o would ask for that again for your 887. Having said that, each case is different, so it might be requested again depending on the nature of your case/case officer or by mistake. I was concerned of the same when I applied, I was like you (not from India though). Therefore, what I did was I attached copies of my previous PCCs for 489 so that it wouldn't have to be requested even by a careless C/o. I got the grant without any issues.

The way forward is minimizing the risk of CO's requesting this and that to the left, right and centre if you are aiming for a direct grant. If you are uncertain for any reason whatsoever, you probably should apply for a new Indian PCC well in advance and upload it.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

Nothing informative. Last time they said I was within the processing time

Thanks for the update.. Probably will wait till this week as that is when the 28 day period will be over. I think we have been requested info on the same day 18/5.

1 minute ago, Sep2019 said:

As I don't have uni letter but I already submit transcript and certificate .Will that be ok ?

Anything on the transcript/cert that says your course was conducted in English? I am not sure but I hope some senior members here could second the statement.

51 minutes ago, AshDi said:

VISA GRANTED!!!

Granted on 10 June 2020 😀

Applied on 05 May 2019

First CO contact 29 May 2020

Submitted Evidence for Functional English for the primary applicant, as requested. 

Family of 2

Thank you very much everyone, for the valuable info shared on this...

All the best for those who are waiting for their grants! 

Congratulations mate

Did you send any complaints? I have same scenario and submitted PTE. But waiting from 4 weeks.

1 minute ago, wng said:

Anything on the transcript/cert that says your course was conducted in English? I am not sure but I hope some senior members here could second the statement.

As I have complete my master degree  from uni from Sydney .I think it should be ok .

26 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

Thanks for these words. I hope so.

And good luck for all guys

I have seen in worse case of 2018 applicants that the 3rd CO comes and ask for another documents. So, my suggestion is to wait for 28 days and be patient. Although its tough to be patient.

We cant fight with the CO's. My first CO unnecessarily wasted my two weeks time where I could book medical for my baby earlier. Now I found 2nd July which is the best case in current scenario.

30 minutes ago, wng said:

Updated for you in the tracker. Wow! My first time hearing CO Chia-Chun's name. Which office is he/she based in?

Great. I'd seen the name come up in the forum a few times. I applied through an agent and nowhere in the grant letter that I received does it mention an office😶

3 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

AFP mentions "Name Check Only"

Is it fine or have I got a wrong AFP ?

That is fine. However, make sure that these words are there too. "Complete Disclosure All Offenses Released". That is what my agent asked me to check once I receive it.

Edited by NachoLibre
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jessi said:

I had submitted the uni doc stating medium of instruction on 1/6/20 & had lodged complaint on 4/6/20.I had been given complaint no for future communication but nothing else.

Lets see how this week goes or else might get a standard response for the complaint . Keep us posted on how you go.. 

Best wishes..

Hi all, Anyone recently got 887 visa with letter issued by collage on Instruction medium in English ??... I am just wondering if uni transcripts are only acceptable proof and department don’t accept any other proof on Medium of instructions...??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, AmitB said:

Hi all, Anyone recently got 887 visa with letter issued by collage on Instruction medium in English ??... I am just wondering if uni transcripts are only acceptable proof and department don’t accept any other proof on Medium of instructions...??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted a letter from my off-shore University that all instruction in my higher degree was conducted in English. I merged that letter with the degree certificate and uploaded. That's all. I have no idea weather the C/o had a look at it or not. My IELTS that was submitted for 489 had expired before I submitted my 887.

Edited by NachoLibre
  • Like 1