887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, Samie said:

Hi everyone,

I got my visa grant today, exactly 6months from the time I applied. God is good.

Applied: Sept. 6, 2017

Co: Nov. 29, 2017

Asked for more details on my AFP

(Was offshore during the time of CO, went offshore 3 times during my application and informed the immigration)

Grant: Feb 21, 2018.

Thanks everyone for keeping this forum alive..

Congratulations!!! :jiggy:

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,
I got my visa grant today, exactly 6months from the time I applied. God is good.
Applied: Sept. 6, 2017
Co: Nov. 29, 2017
Asked for more details on my AFP
(Was offshore during the time of CO, went offshore 3 times during my application and informed the immigration)
Thanks everyone for keeping this forum alive..
Congrats !! Today is a good day filled with lots of good news.. so we go!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Samie said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulation, Just a quick question. After you have applied 887 can you stay overseas until you get your residency or not ? Also, I just want to know. Did you travel overseas while you are on 489 visa.  

14 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Hi Samie 

Its awsome to know that your visa has been granted.

Can you please advise me how many days you have stayed in overseas during ur 489 visa?

Iv been out of aus so many times but I did offset a month before i applied, so it went down to 9days offshore..

12 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Congratulation, Just a quick question. After you have applied 887 can you stay overseas until you get your residency or not ? Also, I just want to know. Did you travel overseas while you are on 489 visa.  

Thank you. You can travel overseas but make sure to be in aus 2.5months after application and also you should inform the immigration.

Yep i travelled overseas during my 489.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wali said:

Thanks russki, I am applying next week for renew ..Hopefully it doesn't push my files backward. {{The rule is - you should have minimum 6 month between your visa application date and your passport expiry date, which you have. }}} Question ,R u sure about it?

Erm... pretty sure I saw this info somewhere... I am trying to find it and can't. Anyone can confirm 6 months minimum passport validity requirement? I remember seeing something like: "It is strongly recommended that your passport is valid for at least 6 months at the date of application, bla-bla-bla..."

I will try to find it for you. :) Hope I am not going crazy... :$

• Haha 1

Hey wali n ruski 

ive searched it but couldn’t find anything and  In regards to 6 months validity it’s only if when you travelling overseas you should have minimum 6 months validity on your passport.. To be on safer side just renew your passport n if CO will ask for it just send them receipt that you applied or if u get your new passport before allocation then mate you’ll be Australian resident straight away . ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Samie said:

Iv been out of aus so many times but I did offset a month before i applied, so it went down to 9days offshore..

Can you please tell me the dates you have travelled.

Caz I have travelled 4 times during my 489 visa. 

1st time 2 weeks Work purpose

2nd time 2 weeks holiday

3rd time 2 weeks for work purpose

4th time 2 weeks for holiday

All together 61 days and I have offset only 9 days I mean my 489 granted on 15 dec 2015 and lodged 887 on 24th December.

Bit worried about the travel 

54 minutes ago, Samie said:

Thank you. You can travel overseas but make sure to be in aus 2.5months after application and also you should inform the immigration.

Yep i travelled overseas during my 489.

Congrtats Samie !!!, May i know how did you inform immi about your travel ? Did you inform them before you travel or after you have travelled ? I have lodged my application early Nov and travelling next month, wondering whether i should inform before CO is assigned or wait for CO to ask ?

2nd time 2 weeks holiday
All together 61 days and I have offset only 9 days I mean my 489 granted on 15 dec 2015 and lodged 887 on 24th December.
If its work purpose do yiu have proof to support that.. in case if they question travel you can prove 2 times for work purpose.. anyway as far as I know short holidays dont matter as long as not exceeding 5 weeks per year

Hi Su89

Thanks for your reply

Yes I have proofs that I went twice for work purpose and all expenses paid by my company as well as offshore office branch agreement signed by me on behalf of my company etc. I have called to DIBP regarding the travel dates and they suggest me to upload a Travel explanation letter and it’s up to the case officer to accept or reject my application. They do not give me the clear info so I have upload the letter but didn’t submitted the supporting doc’s like contact or ticket paid by company caz its confidential docs of our company. If case officer required then I don’t have any problem to provide it. Totally confused

3 hours ago, Tsep said:

Hi bro,  any update for your side. Please keep in touch. We both in same situation. I think by this month end they will ask for newborn medical. Please update. Thanks 

Hi Tsep,  I still got no update from Immigration Department, I dunno why it taking so long for Sophorn ( case officer) to finalize my application. 

Hi Su89
Thanks for your reply
Yes I have proofs that I went twice for work purpose and all expenses paid by my company as well as offshore office branch agreement signed by me on behalf of my company etc. I have called to DIBP regarding the travel dates and they suggest me to upload a Travel explanation letter and it’s up to the case officer to accept or reject my application. They do not give me the clear info so I have upload the letter but didn’t submitted the supporting doc’s like contact or ticket paid by company caz its confidential docs of our company. If case officer required then I don’t have any problem to provide it. Totally confused
In that case you only have the option of staying prepared I think.. but I would discuss with the employer and check if I can use the tickets and contracts to upload. They might be confidential but then again for this purpose shouldnt they let you do that? Give it a shot.. better being proactive..

1 hour ago, nelakash said:

2nd time 2 weeks holiday

Nothing to worry, the maximum of travel would be 4weeks a year. 

36 minutes ago, Karembak said:

Hi Tsep,  I still got no update from Immigration Department, I dunno why it taking so long for Sophorn ( case officer) to finalize my application. 

Hopefully by this month end they will ask for newborn medical. This my calculations as per forum. By the way, what date in December your new born grant visa? 

Just now, Poonam said:

Marry any good news?? 

No Dear, Little bit concerned now!
Either they are taking too much time on each file or might be there is something special in my file, so they are taking that much long.
Today marks 4 months and 23 Days since I applied for this 887 visa and still waiting some CO to replay something!!!

6 minutes ago, Marry said:

No Dear, Little bit concerned now!
Either they are taking too much time on each file or might be there is something special in my file, so they are taking that much long.
Today marks 4 months and 23 Days since I applied for this 887 visa and still waiting some CO to replay something!!!

Hopefully you will get golden email soon??

Hello Everyone. It's been a huge help from this forum and thanks for sharing your experience. I applied on 30th of December and I have couple of questions regarding my few supporting documents for 887 visa application. 1st :my Pcc is expiring in April should I order new one or it will stay valid cz I haven't had any travel since it first issued. 2nd:i traveled overseas 3 time for overall 110 days in total while on 489 but to compensate I waited another 90 days before applying. now I have total gap of 20 days approximately. I literally stayed in regional for 710 days. So do u guys think it can be a problem? Please share your thoughts and experiences I ll highly appreciate. 

6 hours ago, Khan90 said:

Hello Everyone. It's been a huge help from this forum and thanks for sharing your experience. I applied on 30th of December and I have couple of questions regarding my few supporting documents for 887 visa application. 1st :my Pcc is expiring in April should I order new one or it will stay valid cz I haven't had any travel since it first issued. 2nd:i traveled overseas 3 time for overall 110 days in total while on 489 but to compensate I waited another 90 days before applying. now I have total gap of 20 days approximately. I literally stayed in regional for 710 days. So do u guys think it can be a problem? Please share your thoughts and experiences I ll highly appreciate. 

Hi I will be able to answer for this soon. I had only 709 days and 21 days out of county on annual leave. I applied on 03rd October and I should get a response soon. 

But based on others comments in this forum 4 weeks travel a year may be allowed.