Citizenship preparation forum

trx

7 hours ago, Scorpio2011 said:

First Question

My spouse has 6 Demerit Points on DL for jumping Red Light.  Fine was paid straightway and No court facing at all.

Can we still apply for Citizenship or do we need for Points to be removed first and then apply for Citizenship for him.

Thanks

Hi mate from what i know so far ( research due to similar issues with driving but more serious) she does not have to wait for demerit points to be removed in order to apply for citizenship , however when assessing her file they will consider the date the offence was done , any repeat traffic offences , any pattern in traffic offences etc , if she has a history of running the red light once in a while it will be a problem , if she has other traffic offences in a short period of time that could affect her file too , so better make sure she does not add more fines to her traffic history , if it's just a once off thing and if she have no more traffic offences before and after that then it couldn't be a problem at all but make sure you declare all offences minor or major as this will show that you are of good character and take responsibility for your mistakes

• Like 1

After getting PR(887) , what's should i do ? Somebody can guide on this -

a) Do i need to apply for medicare ?

b) Do i need to inform or apply central link? - I have already full time professional jobs .

c) Any other things ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MAH said:

b) Do i need to inform or apply central link? - I have already full time professional jobs .

c) Any other things ?

a) someone told me that the green medicare card was sent to them without even notifying medicare about it , so im going to wait a couple of weeks before going to medicare

b) if you have a child and a spouse that does not work and if your income is below a certain amount you maybe eligible to get family tax benefit b payments , if so you might have to take your documents to centre link otherwise for many other benefits we have to wait for between 1-4 years 

c) Nothing else that i can think of other than updating immi account when you move address and preparing for citizenship 🙂

8 hours ago, trx said:

a) someone told me that the green medicare card was sent to them without even notifying medicare about it , so im going to wait a couple of weeks before going to medicare

b) if you have a child and a spouse that does not work and if your income is below a certain amount you maybe eligible to get family tax benefit b payments , if so you might have to take your documents to centre link otherwise for many other benefits we have to wait for between 1-4 years 

c) Nothing else that i can think of other than updating immi account when you move address and preparing for citizenship 🙂

Thanks for valuable information

Hi All.

i applied my citizenship on 18 June 2020,

i got couple ques,

whats the current processing time for the citizenship? And can someone make the timeline tracker , as it was done in 887 forum, thanks.

Second thing is, I got done for drinks driving in 2017, and luckily I got approved for 887 without any problem. Will there be any problem in the citizenship file, for character ref? And is anyone in the same situation like me?

Thanks

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 4:05 PM, MAH said:

c) Any other things ?

i got the green medicare card in the post today , i didn't inform medicare but i received a letter from them along with the medicare card that dha have informed them about our pr grant 🙂

On 6/22/2020 at 6:07 PM, tej said:

Hi All.

i applied my citizenship on 18 June 2020,

i got couple ques,

whats the current processing time for the citizenship? And can someone make the timeline tracker , as it was done in 887 forum, thanks.

Second thing is, I got done for drinks driving in 2017, and luckily I got approved for 887 without any problem. Will there be any problem in the citizenship file, for character ref? And is anyone in the same situation like me?

Thanks

i have an excessive speeding offence but that is from 2011 and i haven't got any traffic offences since then , so i hope they will look past this and consider my citizenship , if your driving recored before this drink driving and after this offence is good then it will not be a problem , if you have a pattern of traffic offences it can be a problem as they will look at this as you were a person who breaks Australian laws more often. Whatever it is make sure that when you apply for citizenship declare all offences and show remorse for your actions , try to convenience them that it will not happen again

13 hours ago, trx said:

i got the green medicare card in the post today , i didn't inform medicare but i received a letter from them along with the medicare card that dha have informed them about our pr grant 🙂

When you got your PR(887)?