the mayo is horrible

Guest chris.cluderay

Guest chris.cluderay

I have been here for around a month and im looking for a job. i got 18yrs experience ( in roofing as well )

i got a white card and tax file number, i tried to get a ABN number but it says i have to have my own business

first.... but i cant trade without one its so frustrating !!!:wacko:

Guest Sachertorte

If you like mayo so much why not get yourselves a Bamix- put all the ingredients in the Bamix jar and wheeez....it is a 10 seconds thing! One agg and 200 ml of oil make huge amounts. The jar comes with a snap on lid so you can store the whole thing in the fridge. Voila :smile:

Ive tried loads too.. Hellmanns is sold in most coles and woolworths now.. (its with the other mayonaises, not the UK bit) .

'Best Foods' mayonnaise is the closest Ive found but as its about the same price,so i always opt for Hellmanns

Hellmanns may be approx $6, but all the other horrible ones are about $4.50-$5.90 anyway... You are better paying out for something you know you'll like rather than trying all the others only to throw them away!!!

I have been here for around a month and im looking for a job. i got 18yrs experience ( in roofing as well )

i got a white card and tax file number, i tried to get a ABN number but it says i have to have my own business

first.... but i cant trade without one its so frustrating !!!:wacko:

If you haven't tried the OCBA http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/businessadvice/index.html re business information then try that they will give you a lot of good information and point you in the right direction so you can start up. (As you have correctly found out the Australian Tax Office only deals with giving you an ABN number once you have the business.) BTW Thanks for the tip on the Mayo -we've tried a few and nothing has hit the spot, so will go to Coles to try the Hellmans one.

Guest Barney Rubble

Not mayonaise but mint sauce.

I got back in November and the missus tells me my sainsbury's mint sauce is out of date (previous visitors care package = accomodation :smile: deal ) i was mortified :arghh:

Admittedly it is a concentrate but the stuff here is all vinegar or jelly, can hold out for a few more weeks but may need to bribe some pending new arrivals :policeman:

I got back in November and the missus tells me my sainsbury's mint sauce is out of date (previous visitors care package = accomodation :smile: deal ) i was mortified :arghh:

Admittedly it is a concentrate but the stuff here is all vinegar or jelly, can hold out for a few more weeks but may need to bribe some pending new arrivals :policeman:

They do it in Foodland and the lolly shop but depends on how much you want to pay. We got my mil last year to bring Colmans everything :biggrin:

Guest Tterrier81

coles sell colemans mint sauce in there english section and the butchers at southgate also sell it and so do the continental place at collanades

Remind me next year. I'll pack you a jar :cute:

Guest Barney Rubble

Thanks niknjas, Tterrier81, :cute:

looks like i'll have to head down south 'to do a quote' and stock up until snifter gets here !

Which lolly shop though ?

Often get forced into the one in the city but didn't even think to ask for mint sauce.

The last care package was also by MIL, make her 3 month visit a little more tollerable.

:skeptical: