Reporting Faults...Too Easy!

I was out walking the dog last night and noticed that a street light was out...just a couple of houses down from me.

I started with the phone book...then googled "street light faults Adelaide"

The web address for SA Power Networks popped up. What a totally user friendly site. Everything could be reported online with a map showing all the street lights in the road. Only took a few seconds.

There's no excuse for not reporting things if it's this simple!

The web address is:https://slo.apps.sapowernetworks.com.au/

How easy is that!

Tamara :biggrin:

Same thing happened to us!

No-one told us that you have to arrange your own electricity service provider before you move in to an unfurnished rental. We turned up to find that the power had been switched off and we also spend a night with candles and a torch.

That's the beauty of this site...hopefully others learn from our adventures and make the arrangements first!

At least the link to the above site should ensure that you have illumination from a street light! :biglaugh:

We had an appointment made for the gas people to come and connect the gas to this address (it had no supply before, so it was a case of digging up the path). They were supposed to come in the morning of the Wednesday. No show. No call. On Friday as I'm moving stuff between houses I get a call saying 'I'm at the address, where are you?'. They were two days late (and knew it).

Guest Guest12727

Just came across this free iPhone App, SnapSendSolve.

Take a photo on your iPhone. Using your iPhone's GPS receiver, the app sends the photo and your location to the local council as well as any note you add.

Sorry Tamara have to say from my experience its not been easy, not all the lights are managed by SA Power they have to refer to the department of transport and infrastructure for quite a few of the lights as theres heaps out around where we are and Im trying to get one put back on across the road from me so I called the DPTI was on the phone for 20 mins while the guy faffed around then gave me a number the actual street light I am wanting done is not on that map, they can't give me any idea when its gonna be fixed its just on the list !! xx

I was out walking the dog last night and noticed that a street light was out...just a couple of houses down from me.

I started with the phone book...then googled "street light faults Adelaide"

The web address for SA Power Networks popped up. What a totally user friendly site. Everything could be reported online with a map showing all the street lights in the road. Only took a few seconds.

There's no excuse for not reporting things if it's this simple!

The web address is:https://slo.apps.sapowernetworks.com.au/

How easy is that!

Tamara :biggrin:

Sorry Tamara have to say from my experience its not been easy, not all the lights are managed by SA Power they have to refer to the department of transport and infrastructure for quite a few of the lights as theres heaps out around where we are and Im trying to get one put back on across the road from me so I called the DPTI was on the phone for 20 mins while the guy faffed around then gave me a number the actual street light I am wanting done is not on that map, they can't give me any idea when its gonna be fixed its just on the list !! xx

That sounds tortourous!

Do your street lights appear on the web site link or is it something to do with the area? The houses around here were all built around the mid 60's.

I was going to wait a little while and see how long it took from the actual reporting to the time that it was fixed and then report back.

It's not been fixed yet so am not sure what the standard repair time is.

The online reporting system is quick and easy though!

:smile:

Just reported the light on our street. Thanks for the link. Was just wondering how to do it!

it says 5 days in our area and 10 days in other areas but country areas can take longer. We are in Norwood so I will let you know when they fix it!

from the map I can see that a light on another street we often walk down has also been reported so I will check on that one next week too.

in the UK our council had a pothole reporting app. Hubby used to use it a lot as being a road cyclist they can be dangerous, especially when full of water as you can't see how deep they are, and it does rain a lot!

Basically if reported they filled them within a couple of weeks, I guess if you had an accident after reporting it and they hadn't fixed it within the timescale you could claim compensation. Not sure if there is something similar here.

i do agree people moan a lot but can't be bothered to do anything about it, this sort of thing makes it so easy.

I'm told by a friend that every 5 working days street lights are not working after being reported the reporter gets $25! I'm not sure who from, but he's apparently currently owed $100 at the moment. Think this is for residential roads, not sure about main road ones though

I'm told by a friend that every 5 working days street lights are not working after being reported the reporter gets $25! I'm not sure who from, but he's apparently currently owed $100 at the moment. Think this is for residential roads, not sure about main road ones though

I wonder if this is true...if so Dutchess the Boxer is going for long walks at night and I will make a few bob! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

The online reporting system is SO easy......but

They arrived within a few days.....easy so far! :smile:

I had reported the light as being broken as there's a tree next to the pole that has grown and the branches have damaged it.

They took the light away and it's been gone for the past two weeks!

Maybe they will bring it back? :unsure:

I suspect that it's just become a little more complicated. They will likely have to deal with a municipal department that cuts tree branches and until the tree cutter people do the tree cutting the light will not return.

An easy system to report a fault but not to get any feedback from! :arghh:

Guest Guest14361

When you report the affected street light onto the website you are given a reference number. This is what you use for future reference/queries. Any light not repaired after 5 working days you are owed $25 each week it's out. They will say its been attended to in that 5 days and changed the globe, so it starts again....a street light on a main road will get referred to department of planning and transport. A street light on a side road/ residential is attended by Etsa

nobby

• 2 months later...
When you report the affected street light onto the website you are given a reference number. This is what you use for future reference/queries. Any light not repaired after 5 working days you are owed $25 each week it's out. They will say its been attended to in that 5 days and changed the globe, so it starts again....a street light on a main road will get referred to department of planning and transport. A street light on a side road/ residential is attended by Etsa

nobby

I just received a letter from them with a cheque enclosed! It took 6 weeks to repair the street light (needed a complete new assembly at the top) and they sent me a cheque for $150 which was $25 per week for the period that it took to repair it.

How good is that!

Guest Guest14361
I just received a letter from them with a cheque enclosed! It took 6 weeks to repair the street light (needed a complete new assembly at the top) and they sent me a cheque for $150 which was $25 per week for the period that it took to repair it.

How good is that!

there you go.....easy money

• 4 weeks later...