If you were/are Scottish, how would you vote?

Diane

Should Scotland remain part of the UK?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland remain part of the UK?

• Yes, stay United
    • No, become independent

Guest Guest75

I'd say no as well - there must be strength in numbers...

Jokingly - we all get away with having a joke on various members of the United Kingdom. If Scotland were a separate country would it then be called racist??

I get it the neck for being from Yorkshire !!

First one to vote so it's a 100% for independence, now if only that was the actual result :)

Well my good self and Mrs Kash are both No so there's your equaliser :cool:

Looking from afar its clear to me the Yes voters are way more vocal. If someones a Yes they seem to feel the need to stick on their Facebook page and tell all and sundry. Makes them seem more than there are.

Hopefully common sense will prevail. Can you imagine if that balloon Salmond got into power? The mind boggles

PS poll confusing, on the day its Yes for independence and No for the status quo (no relation to that famous 3 chord rock combo)

How comes it's only Scottish people being allowed to vote in the referendum? I think the English should have a say too!

If the rest of the UK had a say then it wouldn't really be a vote for independence as it would inevitably result in a No which would serve no-one as Salmond would just keep banging on, and on, and on..........

I'd be interested to know how long, in the unlikely event of a Yes, it will be before the rest of the UK can stop paying Scotland's welfare benefit claimants.

If the rest of the UK had a say then it wouldn't really be a vote for independence as it would inevitably result in a No which would serve no-one as Salmond would just keep banging on, and on, and on..........

I'd be interested to know how long, in the unlikely event of a Yes, it will be before the rest of the UK can stop paying Scotland's welfare benefit claimants.

Very simple analogy but OK, at the moment we are a Union Sidestep. Therefore parts of the UK that make the money - e.g. London to a certain extent subsidise the rest of the Union.

In Scotland, the East Coast - Edinburgh (Financial), Aberdeen (Oil and Agriculture) and even Dundee (Tech) subsidise the rest of Scotland, AKA huge swathes of Strathclyde that have nothing but benefit claimants. Should the East of Scotland therefore declare independence from the West of Scotland?

And so it continues....