samandcraig

Direct connect?

So we have a rental and have recieved an email from direct connect....should we use these? As it would be easier with it being our first house and not having a clue where to start? Or can anyone offer advice on how we gets things connected??

thanks

Is this one of the ones which signs you up to all the utilities? We used it when we arrived. It turns out you don't get the best deals as they don't deal with all the companies, but without knowing all the companies it certainly simplifies things for you.

Yeah gas and electric....does seem to make things easier as we wouldn't know where to start, they do say they will sort broadband ect....don't want to get ripped off

I found Origin really helpful, we pay fortnightly D/D and it was really easy to set up online. You could always use a comparison site if you wanted to. I know comparethemarket.com.au do energy comparisons, and it's free. Hope you get it sorted :)

We used them for gas and elec. Just had elec bill after 4months in the property and it was $368. Not bad at all. Gas is minimal.

I think we pay them $25 for gas & $58 for electric a fortnight. That's for four of us with a 12yr old who is constantly charging her devices :/

Hi Sam & craig

how did you get on with direct connect,we have just been offered the same service?

did you go with there suggestions for utilities or choose your own,also broadband?

hope it's all gone well.

steve

Hi there, yeah we have gone with direct connect, only been in a few weeks so haven't received the bills yet! I will let you know what the prices are like when we are in receipt of them :)

I would sign up to something that doesn't tie you to a long contract first if you can. Then when you have time you can research and move to a cheaper one. That is what I did as just too many other things to do at the time. Contracts that don't tie you in are a bit more expensive but mean you can swop. Even with comparison sites the tariffs are very hard to compare tbh. It is easier when you have some usage figures. Apparently three of us in a 3 bed house are using as much fuel as the average 4 bed household! It must be the house ( a rental) as we don't over use aircon, rarely use dryer.

Used Direct connect as well, it was very easy, as it can be very confusing when you first arrive. The contract we have can be changed at anytime. that being said I haven't got the first bill so cant comment on the costs. I also used them for foxtel and through them I didn't have to pay the usual installation cost.