887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, pahj said:

I already have Indian PCC done. Only thing i need it

I already have Indian PCC done but have not applied.. I can attach it now but what's the process now of attaching. Can i simply edit and attach document?

You can attach it. If you login to your immi account you will see there is an option to attach docs.

42 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi Su, 

we brought a property on 887 visa, unfortunately we had to pay 20% deposit. and also me and my husband applied for FIRB approval it will cost $5000 , without FIRB approval you cannot get a loan from bank. Last year when we had purchased only st George bank gives loan to non resident applicant. we also had to pay 13% as a stamp duty. was a hell lot of money. 

Bank consider 887 visa as on non resident, same as FIRB (Foreign Investment Reserve Bank). 

Hope this helps. 

Hi Neel, 

you mean you bought a property when you applied for 887 ( hasn't been granted the 887 visa) ,right ? 

because once you got 887 visa granted, you can get homeloan on 90% or even 95% of the value of the property and don't have to necessarily pay 20% deposit. stam duty is $0 ( up to $650,000) for first home buyer in Victoria. 

Please correct me if i am wrong. 

4 hours ago, Kate said:

I checked with Centrelink and the officer confirmed that we are eligible for child care benefit/rebate (lump sum etc. ) ONLY after gaining PR. Called yesterday just in case the info was incorrect and got the same response via phone.  

Today my husband went to centrelink to ask about benefits and the representative told him that you are eligible to claim child care benefit. So we are filling up the info to make a claim. Lets see what we ll get?.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mel 887 said:

Congrats everyone for the grants

FYI 

I applied 887 1 week ago..

After that i applied for Medicare at Centrelink Office, there to my surprise I came to know that we are also eligible for child care rebate, family tax benefit etc (I am not so sure about the scope)

Hope it may be a help for the new applicants

Thanks for the info Mel

26 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

we are in the same boat as well, we have a house being built and the builder has been very cooperative not to sigh the agreement yet , we have given him the 30 June  as a last day we would like to sign and if not the house would be put up in open market .... a lot of emotions are tied up with this build , as we have made a lot of changes to the plan to suit our need and liking..... fingers crossed hope we all get grants with in this week.

Hopefully we all will get grants soon

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KK2504 said:

Today my husband went to centrelink to ask about benefits and the representative told him that you are eligible to claim child care benefit. So we are filling up the info to make a claim. Lets see what we ll get?.

Hi @KK2504,

When did you apply 887 visa ?

10 minutes ago, KK2504 said:

Which Centrelink office ur hubby visited?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Raman_ 3rd Nov 2017 said:

Hi Neel, 

you mean you bought a property when you applied for 887 ( hasn't been granted the 887 visa) ,right ? 

because once you got 887 visa granted, you can get homeloan on 90% or even 95% of the value of the property and don't have to necessarily pay 20% deposit. stam duty is $0 ( up to $650,000) for first home buyer in Victoria. 

I also beleive  this is either 489 or while 887 is pending , because 887 is a permanent residency visa and no need to get firb approval , i enquired about obtaining a home loan from a broker and their suggestion was to wait until we get the 887 pr or alternatively we can go ahead with firb and a big deposit (which includes an insurance i think) . 

15 hours ago, Mel 887 said:

Congrats everyone for the grants

FYI 

I applied 887 1 week ago..

After that i applied for Medicare at Centrelink Office, there to my surprise I came to know that we are also eligible for child care rebate, family tax benefit etc (I am not so sure about the scope)

Hope it may be a help for the new applicants

Hi Mel887,

From the spreadsheet i got to know that you have applied for 887 on 13/06/2018. If your visa 489 is still valid, then your bridging visa will not come into effect. Neither 489 nor Bridging Visa-A doesn't allow you to access any centrelink benefits. May be centrelink officers misunderstood that you have got your 887 visa (PR). Please clarify with them once more.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dar8 said:

I also beleive  this is either 489 or while 887 is pending , because 887 is a permanent residency visa and no need to get firb approval , i enquired about obtaining a home loan from a broker and their suggestion was to wait until we get the 887 pr or alternatively we can go ahead with firb and a big deposit (which includes an insurance i think) . 

Hi Raman, 

this is what happened, when we got 887 visa, after 8 months, we thought to save our rent and buy an investment property where we can not forever till we get our PR, so we brought this apartment in nsw on 887 visa. 

we contacted comm bank who said they don't give loan on 887, we tried  anz bank, but the interest rate was not good. so we approached st george bank who asked for 20% deposit. Last year only st george bank did give loan on 887, not sure about this year. 

when we were at the settlement stage our solicitor, told us about the stamp duty that we had to pay 13% (its not a new property). 

also regarding FIRB, both the govt and bank considers us as non resident for loan purpose, so we had to apply FIRB, if you do not apply FIRB its like a breach. the bank wont accept the application without FIRB. 

once our loan was conditionally approved we had been informed to apply FIRB. 

it took 5 days, then only bank processed our loan.

3 minutes ago, dar8 said:

11 minutes ago, dar8 said:

I think he meant his current visa- not the 887 

1 hour ago, Raman_ 3rd Nov 2017 said:

Hi Neel, 

You are right. Also, You get $10000 grant on the first home if its brand new.

I have bought a land. There is no problem to buy house without PR. But you need to pay 5000 dollars to get approval from foreigners investment department but I didn't take. Today I have got certificate of title. Now I am waiting foe PR. After that I get loan to build a house.

guys - since we started the topic- let me query - if you have bought or signed to buy a land before you grant the PR doesnt it affect on your first home buyers grant - and we are treated as foreign residence when it comes to buying properties without PR - how did you jump that hurdle.

Sent from my vivo 1716 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have bought a land. There is no problem to buy house without PR. But you need to pay 5000 dollars to get approval from foreigners investment department but I didn't take. Today I have got certificate of title. Now I am waiting foe PR. After that I get loan to build a house.

guys - since we started the topic- let me query - if you have bought or signed to buy a land before you grant the PR doesnt it affect on your first home buyers grant - and we are treated as foreign residence when it comes to buying properties without PR - how did you jump that hurdle.

Dear All,

I am kind of expert on property related matter as I am huge victim.

Anyone who applied for 887 visa and got bridging visa doesn’t effect until the 489 visa valid. Any temporary visa holder government treated as a foreign person. So anyone purchased or signed any kind of agreement must need to follow the following rules.

A.      Must need to FIRB approval which cost around $5000.00

+

B.      Full Stamp Duty (No one get any first home owner benefit.

+

C.      Surcharge Duty: If anyone purchased property from 1st july 2016 to 30th June 2017 need to pay additional 4% (of total property price surcharge). If property price 500000.00 need to pay additionally $20000.

Or

Anyone purchased property from 1st july 2017 to 30th June 2018 need to pay additional 8% (of total property price surcharge). This mean property

This mean if you pucharged a property during TR you have to pay $500000.00 worth property additionally + $24000 stamp duty+ FIRB $5000 + Surcharge due depend 4% or 8 % of $20000 or $40000.00 Total $549000 or $569000.00

I have done a settlement of our property after 6 month later my mother f’’ker solicitor called me and said I Have to pay the surcharged duty of $20000 additionally and he reported on review in Revenue NSW and currently I am fighing with this. 

Recomondation not to buy or signed any contract during TR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Kate said:

I checked with Centrelink and the officer confirmed that we are eligible for child care benefit/rebate (lump sum etc. ) ONLY after gaining PR. Called yesterday just in case the info was incorrect and got the same response via phone.  

So Kate, In my case for my newborn I can get child rebate after getting PR?

28 minutes ago, Paras said:

Hi Paras, I don't wanna scare you but its law in Australia. if you purchased any property or land or signed any off the plan land must need to report to the FIRB and pay the surcharge dute. If you don't do and get away with in later on you much get the huge penalty. Also how u get the certificate of title its mean you paid off the land price? Caz normally bank taken away from  you the certificate of title.

5 minutes ago, B3sT said:

So Kate, In my case for my newborn I can get child rebate after getting PR?

yep, after getting a PR! hopefully you get it prior to the 1st of July. I think those who get PR after 1st of July might not be entitled to child care subsidy:(

3 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Hi Paras, I don't wanna scare you but its law in Australia. if you purchased any property or land or signed any off the plan land must need to report to the FIRB and pay the surcharge dute. If you don't do and get away with in later on you much get the huge penalty. Also how u get the certificate of title its mean you paid off the land price? Caz normally bank taken away from  you the certificate of title.

Hi Nelakash,

Let's say you buy a land in installments. You signed a contract now while you are in TR and full payment is made after 2 years. By the time you title the land, you became PR.My question is why do we need to pay surcharge when the land is not titled to your name and you haven't paid full payment?

9 minutes ago, B3sT said:

So I am not getting ?

cannot be 100% sure. but when I called them the message that you get is that you must place your claim prior to either 1st or 2nd of July otherwise not getting anything:( also if I remember correctly there is a bill that might be coming into effect that changes the eligibility for subsidies...someone posted new about that last week..