887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

AGAIN! 🙂

Good morning Guys,

If 489 expired while 887 decision is still not made, can we move to metropolitan area knowing that I got a job offer from there?

This is what my VEVO is now showing in terms of Details as well as the Conditions: (there is no more limitation in the Condition section!!)

image.png.6cab2517c8c732cb71d77b53e73a167f.png

image.png.1a086d9352652c2d1ffe9ee87d14d74f.png

Note: prior to 489 expiry VEVO was showing outright limitation to regional/low population growth areas!!!  as follows:

image.thumb.png.60f629670eab9d1f2458e61526b594bd.png  

sharing you experience and knowledge will add value, please!

22 minutes ago, Raed said:

AGAIN! 🙂

Good morning Guys,

If 489 expired while 887 decision is still not made, can we move to metropolitan area knowing that I got a job offer from there?

This is what my VEVO is now showing in terms of Details as well as the Conditions: (there is no more limitation in the Condition section!!)

image.png.6cab2517c8c732cb71d77b53e73a167f.png

image.png.1a086d9352652c2d1ffe9ee87d14d74f.png

Note: prior to 489 expiry VEVO was showing outright limitation to regional/low population growth areas!!!  as follows:

image.thumb.png.60f629670eab9d1f2458e61526b594bd.png  

sharing you experience and knowledge will add value, please!

Better call the immigration and confirm the same. If they mention it as yes ask them to drop an email with the same so that in future you would not have any situation of visa breach. 

2 minutes ago, SSH said:

Better call the immigration and confirm the same. If they mention it as yes ask them to drop an email with the same so that in future you would not have any situation of visa breach. 

Thank you @SSH , I already called them twice this morning, and both officers said they see no restriction to move to metropolitan as per the shown conditions . when I asked to leave a note or have this reply recorded somehow, one of them advised to email Adelaide.gsm.Team10, as they are the only ones to give in-writing confirmation to this ( I also emailed them this morning, Not sure if they will give response! 😞, hope to do soon!!! )

Just want to get the opinion of any member who may went through similar experience or have relevant knowledge???

10 minutes ago, Raed said:

Thank you @SSH , I already called them twice this morning, and both officers said they see no restriction to move to metropolitan as per the shown conditions . when I asked to leave a note or have this reply recorded somehow, one of them advised to email Adelaide.gsm.Team10, as they are the only ones to give in-writing confirmation to this ( I also emailed them this morning, Not sure if they will give response! 😞, hope to do soon!!! )

Just want to get the opinion of any member who may went through similar experience or have relevant knowledge???

Can you share the email address please?

11 minutes ago, Raed said:

@Raed, you make a valid point mate. But elsewhere on this forum I have seen someone asking a same/similar question and was advised better to stick to the originally set conditions until your visa has been granted. I am not sure what the consequences will be in case they deem it to be breach of visa conditions. Considering everything, it looks like a pretty grey area so it would be best if you confirm with the Immigration themselves. Specifically mention to them the condition 8539, because there is 8549 for 489 Family Sponsored stream which has much lighter conditions. Cheers!

2 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

@Raed, you make a valid point mate. But elsewhere on this forum I have seen someone asking a same/similar question and was advised better to stick to the originally set conditions until your visa has been granted. I am not sure what the consequences will be in case they deem it to be breach of visa conditions. Considering everything, it looks like a pretty grey area so it would be best if you confirm with the Immigration themselves. Specifically mention to them the condition 8539, because there is 8549 for 489 Family Sponsored stream which has much lighter conditions. Cheers!

@kV-IsMyShortName thank you for the response.

I guess similar question that you refer to was to a case that his 489 visa is still valid. Mine is different as the four years of 489 is now expired and my bridging visa in now in effect. so there is no visa conditions in my VEVO anymore (neither 8539 nor any other condition).

Anyway, hopefully to get a reply from Team10 that can clarify the case!
Thank you again.

45 minutes ago, Raed said:

@kV-IsMyShortName thank you for the response.

I guess similar question that you refer to was to a case that his 489 visa is still valid. Mine is different as the four years of 489 is now expired and my bridging visa in now in effect. so there is no visa conditions in my VEVO anymore (neither 8539 nor any other condition).

Anyway, hopefully to get a reply from Team10 that can clarify the case!
Thank you again.

Hi...

We have the same case. Our 489 is expired and we are on Bridging visa A which clearly states that no restrictions.

So, going by this we will move to metro area in Feb because thats when our lease expires. I am sooo ready to take this risk.

I am assuming that if the documents related work and residency are not valid after the 887 visa application submission date . Why would it make a difference if we move to metro on Bridging Visa which has no restrictions.

But the applicants whose 489 is still valid while 887 processing  should not take this risk. Beacuse their valid visa still has restrictions. 

887 visa processing during 489 validity and 887 processing on a bridging visa should be seen as different cases.

29 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Hi...

We have the same case. Our 489 is expired and we are on Bridging visa A which clearly states that no restrictions.

So, going by this we will move to metro area in Feb because thats when our lease expires. I am sooo ready to take this risk.

I am assuming that if the documents related to the 887 visa application submission date won't be valid. Why would it make a difference if we move to metro after that.

But the applicants whose 489 is still valid while 887 processing  should not take this risk.

Hi @Navdeep047

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Have you consulted/contacted the immigration dept. or maybe an agent/lawyer for the same, please?

31 minutes ago, Raed said:

Hi @Navdeep047

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Have you consulted/contacted the immigration dept. or maybe an agent/lawyer for the same, please?

Yes.... i have talked to my the same consultant who applied for my 489. He told me that you have to comply the conditions on your current visa. 

But he also told me that no one from immigration can give you in this writing since there are no written guidelines to follow in these cases. No officer would take the responsibility and tell you to move to metro areas.

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

On behalf of Mr Tony Sievers, Member for Brennan, I would like to thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns with our office.

Your email has been forwarded to the Federal Member as immigration is a federal matter.  You may receive a response directly from them. If they reply to us we will forward their response to you.

Kind regards

Olga Dalrymple

Electorate Officer

Tony Sievers MLA, Member for Brennan

Assistant Minister for Veterans Affairs, Sports & Community Events

Northern Territory Government

E: electorate.brennan@nt.gov.au | Ph: (08) 8999 5587

Shop 2 Palmerston Shopping Centre, Temple Terrace, Palmerston, NT, 0830

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Roja said:

I don't think so. Are you sure? Can u please direct us where in our bridging visa is this condition mentioned. Would be very helpful. 

check on your visa

Bridging visa condition --- no conditions

More information: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/bridging-visas

you can also download myVEVO app and check 

My agent also said same thing

• Like 1