887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

45 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Same as mine. Applied 10th Jan. Request more info on 30th July. Submitted everything by Aug 23rd. No response since.. I really hope i get mine soon. I have flights booked back to Ireland for Christmas that I'm going to have to cancel if it doesn't come through in time.

If a UK person has these problems God pls bless us.

2 hours ago, Samuel said:

Applied myself, i do check every single day. Status is still received. 

hi mate, once u submitted the additional documents they ask, you need to go to the the immi account - update details and give tick that u submitted all document they wanted, then straightway ststus will changed to further assessment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 10th feb said:

Im sorry mate.. thats hurts

I just cancelled my holiday. I was schedule to go on 10th dec but had to cancel my plans.. all my family was waiting back home and has been 2 years since we met.

But CO would never understand our situation

Same here mate, its been 9 years since i have seen my family back home, they don't know how much pain we are in ....they don't even care ...!!

Guys we shoulddo something..this cannot go on forever..
Lets all put in a complaint.. there would be someone looking at it..do it anonymously if you dont want to mention your name.. the more the merrier..
They would increasethe timeframe again the way they are going..
Every body should put one complaint by using their details and ofcourse they can raise the complaint every day being anonymous.
Everyone should do their role here. They should track their complaint too with feedback number atleast every 10 days.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have just applied visa 887 on 29/10/18. Definitely, I will need to wait for quite a while.

However, I have question regarding to leaving Australia for holiday (approx. 3 weeks) and my visa 489 is still active.

Am I allow to do so? Thank you so much.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, Russki said:

Yes, we had that situation with a couple of members. 🙂 Even though drink-driving is a criminal offence and needs to be reported in your application, a CO will always looks at your personal  situation, the context. The most important thing is to be completely honest with COs, tell them the story as it is, without hiding anything, they appreciate that. 🙂 

Thanks for the reply.

do they got they PR finalised?

is there anyone who had this situation, so i can get more information,

really stressed out at the moment.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:42 AM, Tpsk said:

Mate what happened is 4 years ago where his daughter born. Her passport was made at that time. Now she is 4 years old. When karan'so file opened they asked for karan'so daughter medical as she didn't go through medical when she got her 489 visa. There is a rule that if child's passport is made when he/she was infant then co can ask for declaration stating that the child who appeared for medical examination is same as child who is pictured in passport. This declaration has to be made by Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident in front of justice of peace. Co ask for such declaration because they think that child will have considerable facial changes from the time of  passport  till time of medical.

Thanks @Tpsk, my son is now around 5 years old and he already been through medical while we got 489 so is there any chance that can they ask again for verification? Thanks in advae. 

7 hours ago, Just do it... said:

Thanks @Tpsk, my son is now around 5 years old and he already been through medical while we got 489 so is there any chance that can they ask again for verification? Thanks in advae. 

No mate they will not ask medical of your son again. This happened to me as well. My older son went for medical when we got 487/489. When my file opened my older son was 5 and they didn't ask for his medical 

10 hours ago, Voon said:

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have just applied visa 887 on 29/10/18. Definitely, I will need to wait for quite a while.

However, I have question regarding to leaving Australia for holiday (approx. 3 weeks) and my visa 489 is still active.

Am I allow to do so? Thank you so much.

Hi Voon, It's absolutely ok to go for holiday but you should let immigration know about your travel plan by email or phone. There is no restriction on your travel while your 489 still valid. Have a good holiday.  

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is true but there’s a rumour that the govt is on caretaker mode starting from Saturday for the elections. Which means majority of the govt departments will not process any applications etc starting from this Saturday to 31st of Dec. [emoji1741]‍[emoji3603] So I think we might get updates in our applications next year with new staff as well.

Again not sure if it’s accurate but that’s what I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is true but there’s a rumour that the govt is on caretaker mode starting from Saturday for the elections. Which means majority of the govt departments will not process any applications etc starting from this Saturday to 31st of Dec. emoji1741.pngemoji3603.png So I think we might get updates in our applications next year with new staff as well.

They can't go in care taker mode as they are already in that mode from long😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

They can't go in care taker mode as they are already in that mode from long😜

My Dad who is in India knew about elections here in Australia predicted in September that there will be no processing from end of October till December due to political reasons and Christmas holidays. And since then I am not checking status and stressing that much.

I will highly recommend that we all should also enjoy the upcoming holidays and not worry about this too much as worrying will not help.

On other note our application is in the system so department has to come up with reply to that application whether it is today or next week or next month.

Also more the time they take for our applications more the pile up they will be creating for themselves and they should think about this

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is true but there’s a rumour that the govt is on caretaker mode starting from Saturday for the elections. Which means majority of the govt departments will not process any applications etc starting from this Saturday to 31st of Dec. emoji1741.pngemoji3603.png So I think we might get updates in our applications next year with new staff as well.

Would like to know where that rumour comes from, who told who? The Federal elections are only next year May so why would they go into caretaker mode now?

Does the Gov send all their employees on holiday or do the employees put their feet up on their desks?

Communication that gets intercepted by rumors generally delivers the wrong message

16 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Would like to know where that rumour comes from, who told who? The Federal elections are only next year May so why would they go into caretaker mode now?

Does the Gov send all their employees on holiday or do the employees put their feet up on their desks?

Communication that gets intercepted by rumors generally delivers the wrong message

Worth a read from yesterday's newspaper.Looks to me 489 is paused.

From a colleague mate. I believe there’s an election this Saturday too, I’m not sure how important it is though. No I think they are focused on preparing for the upcoming changes, big guys in the dept, processes etc..

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ivy 12 said:

Hey can u post the link for the others folks in the group?

Mate I gone through hard copy during my break .May be you can google Brisbane edition.If I get chance will take photo of it.But to my understanding its paused till they come up with a plan.Not mentioned about the guys who have 489.

• Like 1