887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

13 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Hi Voon, It's absolutely ok to go for holiday but you should let immigration know about your travel plan by email or phone. There is no restriction on your travel while your 489 still valid. Have a good holiday.  

Thanks Maxzone for providing the information. 

However, do you know what is their email address? Thanks again.

I called immigration today to notify my forthcoming overseas holiday plan.

At the end I asked the person about the current delays in visa processing, as I passed more than 9 months without file being opened yet.

The person gently reminded me of the current time frame of 12-15 months and all I have to do is just to "WAIT ONLY" !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Delfin said:

Guys, if a CO asks for “further proof” of 1 year employment, are we allowed to give them documents ( such as  payslips) that are created AFTER the date we submitted our application? 

No,  not really...  Only the documents relating to a period prior to the application date...  🙂

12 hours ago, Sree said:

Hi Everyone,

CO Kimberley contacted us today and asked for further proof for 2 year residency of my husband (whose the primary applicant).

Applied on: 7/02/2018.

Thanks.

Hi Sree the proof residency for first 2 yr or after completion of 2yrs?

20 hours ago, RANJU said:

13 hours ago, Kapil said:

Hello everyone 

Just joined the forum. I wonder if people from QLD can also join it or not. Anyway, I applied for 887 on 11/2/2018. Nothing has been heared so far from immigration. It’s quite frustrating to wait for so long. Don’t know when will get visa.

Hello @Kapil and welcome to the group! Yes, everyone is welcome, no matter which state you are in! We just happen to be under the Adelaide banner....  

We are here to share your frustration... Unfortunately, at the moment things aren't moving very fast for anyone. 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Angos said:

Guys , I am not sure if somebody have noticed that or not. They have reduced the time frame to 12-13 Months 🙂  (Something Positive)

Aaaaaaa, I kept checking the website all week, but it actually changed in our immi account!!!!! 😄 😄 😄 Thanks for this info, much appreciated. 🙂 It will soon change on the website.

🤞

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

they are giving you lolly and you are taking it ...guys timeline is still more than year. It is just gimmick of reducing 2 months

it's actually just a reduction in the range of the processing times... A true reduction would've been from 12-15 to 10-13 months...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

they are giving you lolly and you are taking it ...guys timeline is still more than year. It is just gimmick of reducing 2 months

Well,  is there anything we can really do? I mean even if they continue to put the same time line 12- 15 months, I dont think so we can actually do anything. So enjoy what they are giving us, at least a change.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

Yes, this is true, it is just a pacifier for us... But for some members, who have been waiting more that 13 months, it makes our complaints legit!!! 🙂 At least now it is harder to fob us off when we say: "Our decision is way overdue"... 😄 😄 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Nada said:

Lost trust. Tomorrow this may go back to 12 to 15 months or even more. Feels so betrayed 😞

I think the future is 489 visa,PM getting blamed because of linking commercial in migration and reducing regional visas in past.I think it will take sometime to get the way.

Just now, Kapil said:

I haven't got any response since I applied on 11/2/2018. Does that mean, there is chance for getting direct grant or nothing like that?

Sure you have a chance to get a Direct Grant. 🙂 Provided your application is a complete one! 🙂  Check if your evidence of 1 year full-time work and 2 years residency is satisfactory. Also check if your Australian and overseas police clearance certificates are not older than 1 year. Partner's English language ability should be covered by fresh IELTS test, academic evidence or an additional payment. Try to tick all boxes! 😉 

All boxes as mentioned by you are checked except for overseas police certificate. I was not sure if I need to get overseas police clearance at the time of 887 as well. Last year my friend applied for 887 without overseas police clearance and he got the visa. You reckon, overseas police is very much required?