887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, indrasena said:

Wondering if i am eligible to apply Pr (887) after these new rules?

im currently on 489 fs.

i am eligible to apply 887 in august 2020. 

I think the changes will not affect you because you already have 489 visa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megrand1 said:

have earned a minimum income for at least three years as the holder of a regional provisional visa

Whos gonna apply for this?

will it will be around $53k same as 457 and 189 nz stream requirement? we are lucky we don't have to go through that 😮 even working fulltime for 1 year in regional was difficult

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, Raj-Feb'14 said:

Hi,

My file has opened today.

Asked for updated Passport due expire on May and new AFP.

Applied on 15/02/2018.

Hi,

I need advice.

How Can I update my passport and AFP in my immi account? Just attach new updated documents in attachment option? 

How do I can notify my case officer that I have attached updated documents in my immi account?

Please advise.

Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, innipat said:

CO Come to know that you have been known to different name by two ways..

1. any document you submitted in file that have different name from your passport( i.e birth certificate, driving license etc)

2. You inform them by answering question no. 4 in from 80.

Yes I agree it should be like this, but I didn’t put the alias name in any of this documents. I only sign my legal name whenever it’s required. The alias it’s more like a nickname for those who can’t prounce my legal name right(I’m from Asian, some of us could have names with unusual pronunciation ). To ease the awkward I unusually say you can call me xxxx, then CO was asking to include one particular alias in AFP. In my case how CO discovered make me feel strange. I am guessing they may have contacted my workplace, because by looking at my files only it would not.

9 hours ago, dar8 said:

will it will be around $53k same as 457 and 189 nz stream requirement? we are lucky we don't have to go through that 😮 even working fulltime for 1 year in regional was difficult

I suppose $18 an hour roughly.

Sometimes you think that it's the worst thing but the government says no and introduces something even worse 😤

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

Guys, what about Russian patronymic names? Should we order AFP certificates with patronymic names?

Yes. I always use my patronymic anyway as my middle name, but some of my friends abandoned it long ago and made a mistake of not including in in AFP check. CO got back to them asking to repeat AFP to include patronymic. After all, it is in your birth certificate. 😉 🙂  So on my fiends certificate she has two lines:

Anna Lebedeva

Anna Vasilyevna Lebedeva

First one being current name and second "names known by previously"

Now am getting skeptical about my name! I have four names stringed to one! Its used with different combinations. My emails, FB account, LinkedIn, ATO, Bank dont havr my Full name (all the 4 names in them) what do I do! Getting scared. Any ideas/recommendations? 

2 hours ago, vlogo said:

Yes I agree it should be like this, but I didn’t put the alias name in any of this documents. I only sign my legal name whenever it’s required. The alias it’s more like a nickname for those who can’t prounce my legal name right(I’m from Asian, some of us could have names with unusual pronunciation ). To ease the awkward I unusually say you can call me xxxx, then CO was asking to include one particular alias in AFP. In my case how CO discovered make me feel strange. I am guessing they may have contacted my workplace, because by looking at my files only it would not.

I guess it could be in the payslip or contract of employment ,I just checked mine, payslip is fine it shows my legal name but the contract appeals the Alias name, apparently it makes sense coz I have included the Alias name in my resume, Geez! ain't it like a endless game?! I am better preparing for that. thanks for sharing this information. 

9 hours ago, Raj-Feb'14 said:

Hi,

I need advice.

How Can I update my passport and AFP in my immi account? Just attach new updated documents in attachment option? 

How do I can notify my case officer that I have attached updated documents in my immi account?

Please advise.

Thanks

Log into your immi account, got to "details" and find a menu on the left that says "update details". 🙂 It is easy. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vlogo said:

They most likely contacted your work place. In the form 80 there is a question: do you have any personal contacts in Australia? I entered my colleagues in my form 80 for this question. Maybe, you did the same? And they contacted your colleagues? Strange situation.

And I agree, it feels like they are buying time. 😞 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Russki said:

They most likely contacted your work place. In the form 80 there is a question: do you have any personal contacts in Australia? I entered my colleagues in my form 80 for this question. Maybe, you did the same? And they contacted your colleagues? Strange situation.

And I agree, it feels like they are buying time. 😞 

I also feel that we have to remember that what kind of deep diving DIBP is doing before finalizing grant. So i would say onus also lies on the applicant to try and ensure that we cover all the aspects; having said so doesn't mean that DIBP will still not try to buy time 😣....but all we can do is try and ensure that our application has all the required details and nothing is left out. So we should check and revisit our applications to ensure all is covered. Nevertheless we all need luck quotient to conquer this phase of life....All the best to everyone including me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nada said:

Now am getting skeptical about my name! I have four names stringed to one! Its used with different combinations. My emails, FB account, LinkedIn, ATO, Bank dont havr my Full name (all the 4 names in them) what do I do! Getting scared. Any ideas/recommendations? 

Any one?

3 minutes ago, Nada said:

Any one?

I personally dont think that anything on social media interms of name changes anything as long as you dont have any material on FB or social media suggesting otherwise will change anything. I had heard that DIBP would or can check your linkdin or FB to vet few things like your family and whereabouts in terms of travel etc. For your Bank and ATO i reckon getting a letter from these authorities and uploading that should help i think🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dee said:

I also feel that we have to remember that what kind of deep diving DIBP is doing before finalizing grant. So i would say onus also lies on the applicant to try and ensure that we cover all the aspects; having said so doesn't mean that DIBP will still not try to buy time 😣....but all we can do is try and ensure that our application has all the required details and nothing is left out. So we should check and revisit our applications to ensure all is covered. Nevertheless we all need luck quotient to conquer this phase of life....All the best to everyone including me.

I agree, we have to try our best to show CO that WE CARE about our own application by giving them all the info... 🙂 However, you are right, we are a vulnerable party here. They can do whatever they want with us and make us wait for however long they want by asking stupid irrelevant questions, which cannot be predicted by us in advance (my case is a good example).

They already asked me who was paying for my education when I was a kid, address of my ex-husband from my previous life, how did I survive financially in 1997 (where there is clerly a full time job shown in form 80 for this period, so why?)...

The list can go on: what was your grandfather's dog's name, your favourite food, eye colour of your best mate - where do they stop? Same with alias names. There is a million and one nicknames a person can have in their lives, do we mention them all?! Where do you stop? 😄 😄 

We all need luck and a lot of it! 😄 🍀🍀🍀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Yes. I always use my patronymic anyway as my middle name, but some of my friends abandoned it long ago and made a mistake of not including in in AFP check. CO got back to them asking to repeat AFP to include patronymic. After all, it is in your birth certificate. 😉 🙂  So on my fiends certificate she has two lines:

Anna Lebedeva

Anna Vasilyevna Lebedeva

First one being current name and second "names known by previously"

Thanks mate.

I know a person who got a request from the immigration office regarding including her patronymic name as well.

It's a bit strange because we don't have middle names and it's not a first name.

Anyway I will order an extra AFP certificate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

Thanks mate.

I know a person who got a request from the immigration office regarding including her patronymic name as well.

It's a bit strange because we don't have middle names and it's not a first name.

Anyway I will order an extra AFP certificate

Good idea. 🙂 

They see our patronymic in our birth certs, which we have to submit. So for western world our patronymic is really like a middle name. 🙂 

On 4/5/2019 at 11:36 AM, 02 Feb 18 said:

Yes, it was 6 months plus 2 more months after that.

However before we could have a long holiday, it is very important that we must:

• have lived in regional for minimum two years and worked full time (or at least 35 hours a week) for a year within that 2-year period before applying for 887 visa
  • get a local police clearance from the place/country where you stayed outside Australia
  • be in Australia when 887 visa is granted

Hi 

Anyone got a PR if u have lodged inDecember 2017 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Vinh said:

Now 15 points will be available if sponsored by a state or family member as opposed to 10 points for the original 489. Tough that they have to prove 3 years work before PR and 3 years residence in regional area, many would take 4 years to to cover 3 years of work + another year for applying for PR, which means it could take up to 5 years to get PR.

• Like 1