887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 11/19/2019 at 7:42 AM, MZH said:

From 3yrs old kids required to to full medicals including blood tests according to BUPA. It is mandatory.  If you haven't done yet then CO will request to do so.

HI MZH sorry to bother you mate.but under my account health assessment section its says "no examination required" for  all of us. here is a screenshot attached . what do i do now or just wait ? thanks mate

1747434314_ScreenShot2019-11-22at1_21_31pm.thumb.png.9388e39a370496a392466d09fdf701df.png

Hey Guys,

I have applied for 887 in April 2019. I have lived and worked in TAS for 3 years. Now I am thinking of moving to Victoria regional area however I will be living with my brother (owns a house) who also lives in a regional Victoria.  This means I won't have a lease document or a proper rental paper. Will this be a problem? I will also look for work in a regional area after moving and my son will study in the primary school around that area. Our regional work and my son's school admission enough proof of living in a regional area? 

Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tassie Devils said:

Hey Guys,

I have applied for 887 in April 2019. I have lived and worked in TAS for 3 years. Now I am thinking of moving to Victoria regional area however I will be living with my brother (owns a house) who also lives in a regional Victoria.  This means I won't have a lease document or a proper rental paper. Will this be a problem? I will also look for work in a regional area after moving and my son will study in the primary school around that area. Our regional work and my son's school admission enough proof of living in a regional area? 

Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

You have already submitted your application for an 887 visa so there will be no need to provide further evidence of living in a regional area. If you are moving to another regional area then that is all good as you are still abiding by your current visa conditions.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, JOGC said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT!!!

Just received the blood-diamond golden mails not long ago

PR for 2 of us

Applied on 4/6/2018

Moved interstate to another regional area in Nov 2018 - didn't get release letter, but updated the new address in immi.

First contact 13/6/2019 by CO Grant asked about more residency evidence and proof of change of name (trust me, I have supplied enough evidence for residence but I believe may be due to we moved interstate, so they wanted more evidence to prove that we did not live/work in city) As for the change of name, I have supplied AFP with my name as in passport and English name as some of the employment contract and work reference have my English name, however, the CO thought I have changed my name so I have prepared a stat dec to declare the matter)

I have made 2 complaints, one in Sep and one in Oct.

Grant today by CO Wilson

Congrats mate, great news

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Emma1517 said:

Hi, I know it’s been asked before but can’t find it now. Do we need to upload new overseas PCC? We have applied 13/11/2018. We never left oz  after lodging 887. Thanks! 

887 visa required to submit both PC however if you haven't travelled overseas then you can use the previous one. 

18 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

You have already submitted your application for an 887 visa so there will be no need to provide further evidence of living in a regional area. If you are moving to another regional area then that is all good as you are still abiding by your current visa conditions.

Congrats mate, great news

Thanks very much for the response. Feeling confident to move now but I think I read somewhere on this portal that if you move to another regional area after submitting 887 then they will ask you a new proof of living again and in my case, I wouldn't be able to provide lease document or the rent receipts. However, I will submit my son"s school admission and my new regional job. Hope that will help

2 hours ago, Tassie Devils said:

Thanks very much for the response. Feeling confident to move now but I think I read somewhere on this portal that if you move to another regional area after submitting 887 then they will ask you a new proof of living again and in my case, I wouldn't be able to provide lease document or the rent receipts. However, I will submit my son"s school admission and my new regional job. Hope that will help

Yes they may ask more doc about the new address. That happened to us. You can get your brother to prepare a stat dec when did you start living with him, school report, credit card statement/ bank statement in new address, copy of driver's licence, super, payslip etc..Any document that can proof the new address.

Hello everyone, I am going to apply for my 887 visa next week,  and I need your guidance please :

1- Is it mandatory to upload all documents at the same time of lodgement ? or I can upload some docs when they are ready? ( I am planning to obtain overseas PC after 3 - 4 months to avoid renewal )

2- We ( myself & wife) don't have a joint bank account, we have separate accounts instead, it is OK ? or join a bank account is necessary?

3- Are salary slips needed to be certified/stamped ?  or just print out from the company portal is OK ? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

On 11/8/2019 at 2:00 PM, Seacity112 said:

LETTER TO THE ADDRESS PROCESSING DELAYS FOR 887 VISA

TO: Hon Scott Morrison MP, Prime Minister

Hon Peter Dutton MP, Minister for Home Affairs

Hon David Coleman MP, Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs       

RE: 887 Visa Processing Delays                                  

PURPOSE

Response and solution from Department of Home Affairs to the address the processing delays for 887 Permanent Visa.

DISCUSSION

As an introduction, we are a group (900 plus members) 489 (Regional Skilled Visa) applicants spread across the regional area of the country who have applied 887 visa (Permanent visa) in the years 2017/18 & 19 (Approx. 4000 PR visa applications).

We wanted to get in touch with you regarding the delays faced in processing of the permanent visas (sub class 887), which in turn is having significant impact on our day to day life.

During the time of the 489 application the processing timeline stated  for 887 visa post completion of compliance to the 489 visa conditions was anywhere between 7 to 8 months. It has now increased almost 3 folds and currently is anywhere between 21 to 23 months as per the information available on the IMMI website.

We do appreciate that during this time there has been increase in the visa applications and all the visa cases are to be dealt individually due to which time line can vary on case to case basis. Given the fact that current process does permit applications to be decision ready. Having said that, what is the department planning to address this issue and taking into account that all the related employment and regional stay has been within the country the verification process can be much faster as compared to an offshore application.  

The impact it is having on the applicants and their family members is substantial, as the applicants and their family members face struggle, discrimination, eligibility questions in various walks of life due to this delay.

Overview of the issue in daily life,

1.    Many of the applicants are on contract employment and the companies find it difficult to extend the contracts since our visa status is not clear.

2.    If the applicants try to apply new employment roles, they find them not eligible since they do not hold a valid residency status, even though they have full working rights as per immigration department. Most of the companies do not find it difficult to understand and it is very tedious task to make them understand and mostly end up losing out on the employment opportunity in this process.

3.    When these applicants go to enroll for utility services such as a basic phone contract they find themselves as not being eligible for it due to visa constraints.

4.    Many of the family members struggle in educational sector since they do not have permanent residency to be eligible for educational cover for the young children.

5.    Some even face issues in extending their house leases due to the visa status as most agents demand the visa copy and bridging visa puts question mark on their housing applications.

6.    Cannot invest in housing market, since they do not hold permanent residency

7.    Financial services are mostly out of reach as banks do not consider such applicants where the PR is still in processing.

8.    Cannot plan any future travel or go out of the country as it will result in further delays.

9.    Have to apply police clearance (the current AFP clearance is valid only for 12 months) multiple times as the one submitted at the time of application does not stand valid in this lengthy processing time, which adds up to the cost as a family and results in further delays.

They are even many other unique and harsh situation faced by the applicants in their daily life.

All this anguish even after been in compliance to all the visa conditions and doing the hard yards of regional struggle. All these applicants have supported the regional economy across the country in all possible ways contributing towards the economic growth and would want to continue to do so.

What we expect,

1.    Lesser processing time of applications  around 7/8 months of PR processing

2.    Clear and transparent information about the status of the processing of applications, with clear numbers of visa applications lodged, In processing and finalized on a monthly basis along with the total cap for 887 visa to be issued by the department on an annual basis

3.    A decision ready application process

All these visa applicants have done everything to support themselves and contribute to the regional economy on their own without any government support

The only thing we request is for the processing timeline to be reduced and clearing of applications in a swift manner.

Many applicants out there want to continue living in the regional space and contribute to the economy.

With the introduction of new regional visa 491 effective from November 2019, it will create two classes of visa holders in regional space.

1.    A set of applicants who have struggled and worked their way through the process to find themselves stuck again in the bureaucratic processing delays.

2.    The second set would be the new regional visa holders in a much secured position with dedicated government support to achieve their objectives.

3.    We do not envy the situation and are actually glad that government has recognized the need to support people in regional areas as we understand the struggle one has to go through in a space with limited opportunities, but at the same time it should not be disregarded that applicants who have independently achieved and complied with all the conditions and supported the government objective to support and uplift regional economic.

We request your urgent attention to this matter and look forward to see solution to address this issue faced by many applicants across the regional space.

Response Requested

Your response is requested on the below,

1.    What is the departmental plan to address increase and clear the 887 visa applications?

2.    What will be the time frame to resolve the processing delays?

3.    Processing period from the date of 489 application to 887 grant date be considered as permanent residency, allowing this applicants not to wait another year again to apply citizenship?

Thanking you,

Team 887 applicants

@TTTF   Thanks again mate.Salute!

Read :

The issue raised by one of the leaders, can we tweet her on our issues visa both petitions raised on the subject.. she has also picked up the "processing delays topic" for regional visas.

More the tweets better to get attention .

Lets keep doing what we can.. results we follow. 

Tweet:

https://www.change.org/p/department-of-immigration-letter-to-the-address-processing-delays-for-887-visa?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_18869100_en-AU%3Av1&recruiter=1016862649&recruited_by_id=9fbfca30-01e0-11ea-ba18-fbf8617c3766&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi&utm_term=share_petition&share_bandit_exp=abi-18869100-en-AU&share_bandit_var=v2

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:
Kristina Keneall  is the right person we should talk to. According to current Australian political situation, she is the one who can most possibly change the visa rules, if she could take over the leading postition of Department of Home Affairs.

Kristina Keneally is Shadow Minister for Home Affairs, meaning that she is in the opposition Labour Party camp. She cannot take over the Department because her Party is not in Government. However she can pile on the pressure in the Senate and with her media platform.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, Skaur said:

I am the main applicant so said no to third party. I provided date of birth of my and my sons in details with reference number and my date of birth when they asked. I have applied through migration agent but he is not good enough so I requested it myself and didn't fill that form. They send hapid to my email address and started in future they will contact my agent as he is authorized 

Still Got the same reply. It seems like no luck for me.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:21 PM, MZH said:

@DAS Mine was same as yours.  It is mandatory to do health examinations. My baby is 3 years old. I have done medical before hand to save time. You know some applicant wait almost 4 months after their first contact to get their grant.

Everyone saying done medical beforehand. But I am struggling to get the HAP ID for my child of 18 months. 

4 minutes ago, Skaur said:

Look this is reply I got 

Screenshot_20191125-145508_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Thank you for that. The person who responded to my inquiry is same guy who did reply before. 

The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 20 November 2019. 

As previously advised, the GFU is unable to assist on enquiries and requests, and therefore we won’t respond to any further requests or enquiries.