887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Hi Guys, Need your help.

I have received Natural Justice letter from Immigration and saying that we have conducted background check and found that you have pending cases back in India. If you have pending cases then PCC can't be issued and if issued cases should be mentioned in PCC. They are saying that you have provided bogus/misleading PCC and asking explanation.

However, I have applied PCC through proper channel with VFS and haven't provided any bogus/misleading documents. After this email, I checked and found that all are civil cases against my sister filed by her in-laws and they dragged my name into it being a family member. Moreover, I was in Australia when these cases were filed, I have nothing to do with all these cases.

I checked online about PCC and found that Indian PCC only cover criminal cases not civil. Do anyone know where I can find guide line for Indian PCC and how to respond to Immi ?

Please advise. Very much worried.  

This is a very sensitive issue hence I highly recommend that you consult a MARA consultant. 

Maybe a good idea to contact SBS news again ? Last time I heard from Shamsher (SBS Punjabi) he was really keen to make an additional story. That was about 2 months ago I think, but at that given point there were a few positive days of grants so it wasn't really an issue then. I did make a post about it here. Shall I look for it and post again?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dee said:

Please do share as i intend to do the same in March as i would complete 12 months of waiting.

Yes, will encourage everyone through this website to do the same. Because it is really unfair extending processing time as such. I have experienced the same and can't get even a descent job because of "Temporary" visa state. 😡 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, Stellajane said:

ACTION REQUIRED FROM ALL US

NEW SBS NEWS ARTICLE IN THE PIPELINE

Hi guys, last August-September 2019 we - as the 887 community on this forum - experienced some true struggles as the DHA was increasing the processing times over and over again. At that given point it was up to 23-24 months processing times.

Really happy to see that they have decreased the processing times now, but still they are a loooong wait if you're waiting on your grant to further built up your life.  

On this forum a few people organised some media attention and a few articles were published on SBS Punjabi. And with some success!

My personal story was published also within one of those articles and YES we did receive our direct grant on 11/11/19. I do believe that the media attention did trigger something with DHA as a lot of 887 applicants did receive an additional email stating that their case was going to be assessed soon.

Anyway... media attention is great to address the never ending limbo 887 applicants are in. DHA should decrease the processing times to at least an appropriate level as we all have been in the country for 2 years already.

Mr. Shamsher Kainth from SBS Punjabi contacted me today again to follow up on my case and requesting if I did receive my grant, hence that he is ON the case and that he does care.

HE WANTS TO WRITE A NEW ARTICLE FOR SBS REGARDING THE STRUGGLES WE'RE FACING WHILST WAITING FOR OUR PR.

his email address: shamsher.kainth@sbs.com.au

He needs to have information from you!

Please write him a letter to describe what your struggles are, why your case seems to be delayed (asking for additional paperwork whilst already provided, not getting the information for the baby medicals on time, not getting another job application because you're temporary, al those things,..), what you want from DHA (more clear information regarding processing times, better communication,...) and what you reckon could improve.

Grab this opportunity with both hands. Every media attention that you can have is great.

Cheers, 

Stellajane.

@TTTF@Dee@nudgee@Megrand1@TakeItOnTheChin@887 2019@Skaur@SUDIP@Hope

Here it is... Good luck everybody!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2