887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT!!!!!!!!!!!

So chuffed and happy that we received the direct grant less than 5 minutes ago.

We are a family of 4 in NSW Mid-North coast

Applied 10 December 2018

CO was Vineetha, never saw her name before

Never complained before, was going to do it tonight!!!

Awesome...congratulations

21 minutes ago, nudgee said:

683aea2e8f58a5b5b4924c9025738dd0.jpg&key=0bf987036af4f43a0797cc641b9e57a0592ebf58bec4a59b9b64d46c0ddf4947

Just received a response from the acting immigration minister office

Receiving Direct grants is a clear indication that applications are complete. ..it is matter of just working on those files. Just answering round the bush away from the topic. 

Anyways.. it seems they have got the underlying message here.. the grants for last few days are certainly stating that.. 

Applicants - Please keep all the documentation up to date.. dont wait for a query.. this forum has enough info and support on most the documents... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Applied 10 December 2018

Great news... Certainly moving forward.. Congratulations to you and your family .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HI Guys

Just sign up to give you a good news. I was the silent follower.

Applied date: 27/12/2018

Direct grant: 21/04/2020. (10 min earlier).

Family of 3. 3 yr old daughter. was subsequent entrant in 489.

AFP and oversees police checks updated after expiry. I didn't updated the UK one.

For my wife functional English provide the Uni letter and transcript (Master Degree oversees). (Same one which I provided for 489).

This forum is awesome to give you some patience and support.

• Like 14

Applied 10 December 2018

Congratulations mate. Happy independence day [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, 887_PR said:

emoji322.pngGrant Grant Grantemoji322.png

Applied :- 20/12/2018
Direct Grant :- 21/04/2020

Sponsored by NSW but never moved over there
Lived in regional VIC
Case Officer:- Jennie
Processed by Queensland Office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats... Best wishes

Looks like the files are processed across all offices and hence we see new case officers..  Time for some 2019 applicants.. 

• Like 1

This e mail came from  Senator Kristina Keneally now. After our mailbomb

Good afternoon

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the 887 Regional Skilled Visa wait times. I note the Department of Home Affairs website states they are currently assessing applications submitted before November 2018.

These delays are having major impacts on individuals and families waiting for visas to be processed. The Morrison Government has made many statements about the significance of regional migration, yet have failed to provide support to people seeking to live and work regionally. 

Visa processing delays are a problem of the Morrison Government’s own making as they’ve slashed frontline staff in the Department of Home Affairs who process visa applications. 

Delays in visa processing times mean people are waiting longer to be reunited with family members, businesses are waiting longer to access the skills they require, and people are putting their lives on hold waiting for visa decisions – particularly regional Australia.

Labor strongly believes in upholding the integrity of Australia’s immigration system.

However, with the COVID-19 crisis confronting Australia, I am aware that many visa holders in Australia cannot get clear answers out of the Department of Home Affairs about when their visas will be processed. This is unacceptable. 

I note that the Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs, Alan Tudge, has not provided any indication of how the Government will manage the issue of visa processing delays.

It is important that the Government explain how they will ensure that visas are processed in a timely manner during this time. 

I urge you to contact the Acting Minister: 

The Hon Alan Tudge MP 

Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs 

Parliament House Canberra ACT 2600  

Phone: (02) 6277 7790  

alan.tudge.mp@aph.gov.au

I am also concerned that the Government has not yet provided meaningful support to temporary visa holders who cannot return home. 

Labor has lobbied hard for the expansion of appropriate government support to a wide range of workers who miss out of the JobKeeper program, including casuals, university workers, local council workers, and temporary visa holders who cannot get home.

While the Government has rejected many of Labor’s constructive suggestions, it is important for you to know that two Federal Government Ministers can, with a stroke of a pen, change all of that. 

Thanks to Labor’s work in the Parliament, the Treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, and the Social Services Minister, Anne Ruston, can now provide any temporary visa holders with access to JobKeeper, JobSeeker, or another appropriate social security payments. 

I don’t think that Minister Ruston or the Treasurer appreciate that, with the stroke of a pen, they can change real lives. They need to hear the stories of people with temporary visas who are stuck in Australia and need help. 

If you have a story that you think Minister Ruston or the Treasurer should hear, or you know a temporary visa holder who has a story these two ministers should hear, please complete this form

I will be taking these stories and asking Minister Ruston and the Treasurer to respond. This is your chance to have your story heard by the two people who can provide meaningful support to temporary visa holders who cannot return home.

During this challenging time, I believe it is imperative for us to look after all people in our community – including those on temporary visas.  

Yours sincerely, 

Kristina

Kristina Keneally

Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Senate

Shadow Minister for Home Affairs

Shadow Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

Senator for New South Wales

• Like 5