887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Have been watching this site and all the grants.
Applied though an agent 11 April 2019, 2 Adults and 2 children. From South Africa
Granted 25 April 2020
GSM Adelaide 
Wrote ielts again for 4.5 score main applicant 
Spouse only letter from School which we used for 489.
Superannuation, banking, rentals,school reports. AFP and home Police check.
Hope everyone else has good news in the comes days.

Congratulations, granted in 25 April or 25 May? Thanks

25 minutes ago, 19A20 said:

Thanks, I have seen that. But how if one provides higher than functional English score, in that case it would be valid for 3 years. Well the argument is about providing functional English evidence so it means if one provides higher level, it is still considered functional level? 
how about COs were asking some main applicants to provide functional Evidence only after their previous result after three years were expired. I just can’t digest this one. Please light me me on.. 

So, there is no English requirement for the 887 visa if the primary applicant is the same for the 489 and 887 visa. There is no mention of it on the website or in the legislation, but of late, we have seen CO's asking for functional English.

I am in the same boat, I have raised a complaint and also replied to their request saying that functional English is not a requirement for 887. I raised the complaint on the 18 and was told I will have an update by the end of this week. 

2 hours ago, justaguy said:

The co’s have started working fast. All thanks to everyone’s pressure and speaking out. Keep it up people and don’t let the co’s become lazy again. 

I agree with you. The CO that requested more documents from me is from the Permanent Employer Sponsored (PESE) Visa (subclass 186, 187)  in NSW. i want to believe they have put all teams on onshore applications pending when offshore applications are restarted. Lets keep praying they stop all this unnecessary request for documents and grant more visas to reduce time as a whole..

fingers crossed have submitted requested Polio certificate and waiting for my grant

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kevinnnn said:

Do we need to upload birth certificate for 887?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will advice you to upload as you do not want them asking for documents you could have pre-uploaded.  better safe than have a longer wait

• Like 1

Hi senior members, I have a question regarding functional english. In dipb website it says that validity of english level from vocational and above is 3 years. If the applicant has IELTS or equivalent to vocational and above, could it be used instead of functional english? In this case, should the validity is 3 years, and not 12 months?

Please advise what number to call DIBP, and is it easy to reach them? I just wanna confirm, al though we have booked IELTS test for my spouse. Thanks a heap

On 5/23/2020 at 5:34 PM, Rupom said:

you should be getting the passport before they start processing your application but in case if you see you don't get it then write a statutory declaration and upload it. As your kid is more than 6 months old, so your baby will be required to go for a medical check. They will not consider GP letter and consent form. Once Co will be assigned, then he will generate hapid and will advise to go for medical check.

Thanks Rupom. lets hope for the best. Now-a-days its very tough to book medical appointment in Adelaide. Only one centre is here, other is in port Augusta. Some people went to Port Augusta for medicals.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, SJay said:

hello, can you please share the format of a consent form and GL letter. My sone is 1 year old and I thought I have to wait for HAP ID. 

I did not fill consent form, its not needed if baby is more than 6 months old.Give your email address, i will forward the GP referral letter. You cant create Hap id if your baby born after 887 visa lodgement. Case officer will create it if he needs.

22 hours ago, TAS887 said:

@nudgee

I have uploaded employment Confirmation Letter in black and white copy by mistake  but I have also color copy.. Should I have to uploaded color copy also? Because I saw yesterday department site they mentioned all scan copies is in color scan. 

And after first time coming to australia I bought insurance after 10 months and I am. Thinking to put health insurance docs in relationship docs so can they ask any questions like that why I haven't take insurance from the first day or anything related to it?in relationship docs I have put utility bill, marriage certy and lease agreement and thinking to put health insurance docs as well.... Thanks 

Congrats 

6 minutes ago, Harji said:

Hi 

for residential proof , r lease documents, payslip and tax documents enough ? Other things r not main applicants name ? 

thnx 

It is always dicey unless you get grant 😅.  So Upload as much as you can like Bank statements, dl etc. Or stat Dec from neighbouring. 

Edited by Country People