887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 5/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, Scorpio2011 said:

Finally day has arrived when I am writing this.

Application Date 25 March 2019

Direct Grant Date 20 May 2020

CO Vely, GSM Brisbane

Family of 3 from India

489 offshore applicant, Having Overseas qualifications, No IELTS was asked, Only uploaded documents as per the 887 cheklist on website.

Gud Luck to everyone and hope to see you all on Citizenship Forum soon.

Hi mate, 

Were you offshore when you received your Grant? As you mentioned you are 489 offshore applicant. 

I received an email from CO on 20May 20 Adelaide office, asking for more info about recent travel history  For a secondary applicant 

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

DIRECT GRANTemoji322.png
Applied 06 May 2019
Granted 27 May 2020

Forwarded from Facebook

It seems a bit of a jump from beginning to end of May 2019 in just a day. I wonder if there is another FOI to see where it stands right now?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 887-M said:

Hi mate, 

Were you offshore when you received your Grant? As you mentioned you are 489 offshore applicant. 

I received an email from CO on 20May 20 Adelaide office, asking for more info about recent travel history  For a secondary applicant 

Hi, I am and I was in Australia when I got my PR.

I had mentioned this in above message because it was in discussion earlier that most of 489 offshore applicants are being asked for English Test now for 887 but I was not asked.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, Scorpio2011 said:

Finally day has arrived when I am writing this.

Application Date 25 March 2019

Direct Grant Date 20 May 2020

CO Vely, GSM Brisbane

Family of 3 from India

489 offshore applicant, Having Overseas qualifications, No IELTS was asked, Only uploaded documents as per the 887 cheklist on website.

Gud Luck to everyone and hope to see you all on Citizenship Forum soon.

22 minutes ago, Scorpio2011 said:

Hi, I am and I was in Australia when I got my PR.

I had mentioned this in above message because it was in discussion earlier that most of 489 offshore applicants are being asked for English Test now for 887 but I was not asked.

Thanks mate, 

• Like 1

Just now, nudgee said:

I agree , or even less 🙂

I believe this is happening view hold on off shore visa grants. But as soon as the govt will lift the restrictions, the time will again go back to as it was two months ago. So, make hay when sun shines and people should file the visa in a decision ready case (except for AFP of-course).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AusI said:

Finally my turn!

Applied 10 March 2019

Direct Grant 27 May 2020

Thanks to all of you here! You have been a wonderful supporting group!

Congratulations to you. 

I applied in 2 April.  I'm still waiting. 

On 5/21/2020 at 2:21 PM, Summer said:

mine is Andrej and requesting same English requirement...

still same status for me. FOR FURTHER ASSESSMENT.

I was able to secure today letter from my university for medium of instruction is English, for uploading in IMMI.

Still waiting for my updated AFP via AU Post.

Unfortunately, even raising the concern of functional english, there is no feedback from CO Andrej

Hopefully, the uni letter is good enough for Andrej.

Applied : 29 Mar 2019

IELTS exam date: August 2014 used when i process my 489 visa.

6 hours ago, root said:

Hi all.... Many of us  received recent grant for PR. And my wife has been been stood down from work. So Pls let me know if you have any information that can she get job keeper or any help from centralink? Hope you all get pr soon. 

If your wife has received PR there are two options:

1. Jobkeeper - in case she was working with the business who is registered with centreline then her employer would have told her and she would be eligible for the same; will get AUD 1500 fortnight.

2. Jobseeker - you need to register yourself for the same on centreline after you get CRN; Its a long online form in which you will have to mention all the details regarding your funds etc. or have you received any redundancy or payments from your employer. Remember it will ask details for her and partner both; after all the data is put you will get an email from centreline mentioning whether you are eligible or not.

All the best; please go to centreline and you will get all the required information.

• Like 1

Thank God :)

Direct Grant!!!!!!!

Applied: 8 May 2019

Granted: 27 May 2020

CO: Vely

Provided degree & postgrad transcripts for secondary applicant (completed postgrad from UK). Did not provide any functional english requirement for primary applicant.

Long time silent follower, thanks to all members - this forum really helped a lot! 

All the best to rest of the members!

• Like 10