887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

To promote something will have Pros and cons but to be Neutral will have neither.
Rather play cautious and watching out for everyone around. The COs are watching too.
I did left it blank but its over written and I guess many others were over written as well.
I am happy for the creator, best to have the name on the header.
I don't think certain country are getting the benefits. There are several Indians where I work. Highly skilled and knowledgeable people.

when@Russki said to honour the creator for the spreadsheet she doesnt mean that we need to acknowledge his/her work and place his/her name on the sheet but rather leave the tracker as it is. I believe the creator of the spreadsheet is russian as well same as Russki and there been rumors that russian applicant get longer process times than the others. Its there for a purpose.
I have to admit I was the one who added the “Waiting time before last CO request date” but its quite beneficial for members to track how long does it take for “not-yet-contacted” applicants to get their application initially touched by COs
The tracker is pretty straightforward and is purely for waiting time reference. Nothing racist about it. Then again I suggest leave it as it is, it might not be beneficial to you but its beneficial for others for future reference.
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

when@Russki said to honour the creator for the spreadsheet she doesnt mean that we need to acknowledge his/her work and place his/her name on the sheet but rather leave the tracker as it is. I believe the creator of the spreadsheet is russian as well same as Russki and there been rumors that russian applicant get longer process times than the others. Its there for a purpose.
I have to admit I was the one who added the “Waiting time before last CO request date” but its quite beneficial for members to track how long does it take for “not-yet-contacted” applicants to get their application initially touched by COs
The tracker is pretty straightforward and is purely for waiting time reference. Nothing racist about it. Then again I suggest leave it as it is, it might not be beneficial to you but its beneficial for others for future reference.

Thanks @marlowe022, you nailed it. Yes, all correct, the creator of the spreadsheet is Russian and had to wait for a very long time for the grant, this is why the spreadsheet was created - to see what happens with other Russian applicants (like me). 🙂 I think, you improved it further @marlowe022 by adding columns and tidying it up, thank you so much! Thanks for looking after it, too, it's not nice when people mess with it...

As for the controversial "country" column, it is not worth the argument, we can leave or delete it, or just leave it blank, not a big deal. 🙂 

• Like 4

Thanks [mention=3253]marlowe022[/mention], you nailed it. Yes, all correct, the creator of the spreadsheet is Russian and had to wait for a very long time for the grant, this is why the spreadsheet was created - to see what happens with other Russian applicants (like me). [emoji846] I think, you improved it further [mention=3253]marlowe022[/mention] by adding columns and tidying it up, thank you so much! Thanks for looking after it, too, it's not nice when people mess with it...
As for the controversial "country" column, it is not worth the argument, we can leave or delete it, or just leave it blank, not a big deal. [emoji846] 

no worries Russki I am still looking over it even though I’m not always active on this forum. I think its unfair for CO to leave behind all other Feb applicants. They should have at least finished feb before this year ends.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

no worries Russki I am still looking over it even though I’m not always active on this forum. I think its unfair for CO to leave behind all other Feb applicants. They should have at least finished feb before this year ends.

Thanks Marlowe for the wishes for Feb Applicants.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tt2 said:

what was the time line before. Never thought about this.

• four years for working age payments (e.g. Newstart Allowance) and concession cards (e.g. the Low-Income Health Care Card)
  • two years for Carer Payment
  • two years for Parental Leave Pay and Dad and Partner Pay
  • one year for Carer Allowance, and
  • one year for Family Tax Benefit Part A, with no waiting period for Family Tax Benefit Part B.

15 hours ago, Kapeel said:

Friends I need help pls, i have send Newborn docs for 489 and 887 and it has been 10 days now and havent received the grants yet.

I need to travel for a week and need newborn grant before 22nd Dec

Anyome know how long it take to receive the newborn grant.

Any feedback would be really appreciated thank you

Thanks dear

It doesnt show on Immi account. I have caller them and saying, needs to wait by end of this week as I sent them via post. Lets C by end of this week

2 hours ago, B3sT said:

Yes. Go to your GP ask them to provide a certificate stating that your baby is healthy and doing good with no disease. 

Thanks alot, I have send them the Gp letter, they asked about in the paper health assesment , do you know anything about it? How long I have to wait after sending Gp letter? 

3 hours ago, Angos said:

I do not think so as it will be applicable from 1st January 2019 and new applicant.

Applies to everyone. It doesn't matter when you have applied. The only thing that matters is when you receive your PR.

"Only people granted a permanent visa, or temporary partner visa, on or after 1 January 2019 will be affected by these changes"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angos said:

what was the time line before. Never thought about this.

• four years for working age payments (e.g. Newstart Allowance) and concession cards (e.g. the Low-Income Health Care Card)
  • two years for Carer Payment
  • two years for Parental Leave Pay and Dad and Partner Pay
  • one year for Carer Allowance, and
  • one year for Family Tax Benefit Part A, with no waiting period for Family Tax Benefit Part B.

Was 2 years for all. They have announced the increase to 4 for all item. Now they came with this mix of 2 and 4.... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Honey said:

will it affect our applications?

I don't think it will impact the 887 process itself. Unless someone is willing to apply to some social benefits (like concession cards).

I think it's not likely to change anything for most of 887 applicants. We are skilled immigrants and able to earn enough money to do not need the government (theoretically). This change is targeting refugees, family visas etc.

Not a good news anyway...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

I dont see any application progressing now until jan..

I am wondering what they are doing. Feb applicants are affected badly. Those who have applied in JAN at least got contacted once (waiting period of 7 months) but for FEb it seems like 10 months. which makes no sense. I am worried. Has anyone tried calling Immi recently and check about the status?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Angos said:

I am wondering what they are doing. Feb applicants are affected badly. Those who have applied in JAN at least got contacted once (waiting period of 7 months) but for FEb it seems like 10 months. which makes no sense. I am worried. Has anyone tried calling Immi recently and check about the status?

There ia no point doing that. They would tell you that you are in timeframes

14 minutes ago, Angos said:

I'm worried too, but the website is saying process time 12-13 months. If you call them they will say they are in the timeframe.

It's unfair they keep changing the process time to match their delay. What is the point of having a process time if it is always changing? It was 8 months when I applied. They should try to keep the process time published when the application is lodged. Otherwise, it is like a dog chasing his tail. Every month I wait, one month is added to process time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, George said:

I'm worried too, but the website is saying process time 12-13 months. If you call them they will say they are in the timeframe.

It's unfair they keep changing the process time to match their delay. What is the point of having a process time if it is always changing? It was 8 months when I applied. They should try to keep the process time published when the application is lodged. Otherwise, it is like a dog chasing his tail. Every month I wait, one month is added to process time.

I agree .. Mid nov it felt like now they have speed up the process and now our files will be picked up. But now we are about to reach mid Dec. When I applied it was on average 4-5 months max. Now, as you said every month one more month added to the processing time.

• Like 1