887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

48 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Is anyone driving taxi in Queanbeyan area? I have a question to ask. If someone driving taxi in Queanbeyan, during shift they can easily pickup passenger in Queanbeyan and drop off Canberra. Pickup from Canberra and drop off Queanbeyan. There will be no breaching -visa conditon. Am I right?

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

No, its not a breach of condition. 

12 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

I am new here, reading all info out of the forum. Joined today.

want to share my time line.

applied 887      4/4/2018

blessed with Bub 11/09/18

attached complete documents for baby in December 2018.

got 489 and added in 887 on 5/01/2018.

Till now no contact by CO.

long waiting time is killing.

Hi mate

But documents do I need to send for new born Bub? Applied on 5/2018

47 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hi mate

But documents do I need to send for new born Bub? Applied on 5/2018

Hi Ricky,

you need to submit form of changes in circumstances.

Birthday certificate 

passport copy 

Medical document from hospital stating info of baby's health.

Thats All you need.

thanks 

Edited by Ekam

4 hours ago, Preax said:

Similar timeline for my payslips - including yearly PAYG summary also from 2015 - 2018  - Did you upload all your payslips, i mean more than 52 ?

Yes, I did, Gave them extra information. I don't think it is necessary. I just did not want to give them a chance of saying to provide more information

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ekam said:

Hi Ricky,

you need to submit form of changes in circumstances.

Birthday certificate 

passport copy 

Medical document from hospital stating info of baby's health.

Thats All you need.

thanks 

Mate How can I get medical done before case officer get allocated on application so everything be ready once he get allocated?Any clue thx

https://www.theage.com.au/national/worst-ever-immigration-minister-asylum-seekers-jet-in-under-dutton-s-nose-20190302-p511d8.html?fbclid=IwAR1o97uR0Z6JgWSyQcIREhrP6sH2zXCQ1dK77dNmGBUYfqqukBCor9J-ghk

No doubt, Peter Dutton is Australia’s worst ever Immigration Minister.

Complete chaos in visa & citizenship processing, & asylum seekers arriving by plane are out of control.

He’s got to go.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Mate How can I get medical done before case officer get allocated on application so everything be ready once he get allocated?Any clue thx

No , you don't need any medical done for newborn for first six months. Just take a piece of document which hospital provided you at the time of discharge. And 6 week check certificate.

when baby will 6 months, may be they ask for medical or they ask you to sign consent form , so they have access for baby's health record from GP or hospital.

I have not done any medical for my baby.now he is 6 months, i went for his routine check up and take a letter from docter to write about his health and weight, length or 2 and 4 months shots, I mean almost his fitness in case they ask for medical. 

I hope this will help. Anything else let me know.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Has anyone got an AFP replaced if they have sent it across with a mistake? I checked with the application I submitted to them and it’s correct, but they have sent my AFP certificate with a mistake on my DOB. Wandering if I will have to pay again to get it done. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Has anyone got an AFP replaced if they have sent it across with a mistake? I checked with the application I submitted to them and it’s correct, but they have sent my AFP certificate with a mistake on my DOB. Wandering if I will have to pay again to get it done. [emoji848]

Is it ur mistake? If they did mistake then u dont need to pay

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekam said:

No , you don't need any medical done for newborn for first six months. Just take a piece of document which hospital provided you at the time of discharge. And 6 week check certificate.

when baby will 6 months, may be they ask for medical or they ask you to sign consent form , so they have access for baby's health record from GP or hospital.

I have not done any medical for my baby.now he is 6 months, i went for his routine check up and take a letter from docter to write about his health and weight, length or 2 and 4 months shots, I mean almost his fitness in case they ask for medical. 

I hope this will help. Anything else let me know.

Thanks

Hi Ekam,

Do you mean in first six months, we cant get medical , but we still need to do Passport and 489 visa for newborn baby ,then add newborn baby to ours 887 visa application.

is my understanding right?

thanks 

2 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

There's no surging applications nor low volume. Government  is lying.

Hi all,

I have complained 887 visa process time is delayed too long to my local MP, if everyone do it, I think it will work, Immigration will short the process time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi all,

I have complained 887 visa process time is delayed too long to my local MP, if everyone do it, I think it will work, Immigration will short the process time.

Wow... Powerful stuff my friend... We should do something with this video to help us...

2 hours ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi Ekam,

Do you mean in first six months, we cant get medical , but we still need to do Passport and 489 visa for newborn baby ,then add newborn baby to ours 887 visa application.

is my understanding right?

thanks 

Hi Joshua,

u are little bit mistaken. Babies under 6 months do not require medical test as per immi. Just letter from hospital or GP is more than enough to get visa. But if your baby more than 6 months or less than one year , it's up to immi. Sometimes they ask to sign consent form and they have access to babies' records from Docter or hospital And sometimes they ask for medical test as we do ours.

secondly, you don't need to apply 489 visa for baby . Just you need to submit a form of changes , birth certificate and passport. Then you will get 489 visa and later you can add ur baby in 887 application.

2 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi Joshua,

u are little bit mistaken. Babies under 6 months do not require medical test as per immi. Just letter from hospital or GP is more than enough to get visa. But if your baby more than 6 months or less than one year , it's up to immi. Sometimes they ask to sign consent form and they have access to babies' records from Docter or hospital And sometimes they ask for medical test as we do ours.

secondly, you don't need to apply 489 visa for baby . Just you need to submit a form of changes , birth certificate and passport. Then you will get 489 visa and later you can add ur baby in 887 application.

Hi Ekam,

How did you add new born on 489 in submitted 887 application? I thought it could be done with 489 at the same time by co with one form 1220 but not sure now. What if 489 expires before newborn and only BVA in validity? Could you explain more? Cause I may do it soon. Many thanks!

@Ranga @Anurag Could you please show me how to get new baby’s 489 and BVA at the same time? I understand you have the experience. Please kindly reply. Really appreciate it!

On 3/10/2019 at 4:35 PM, ASDFG said:

Hello, I am new here. I know its a 887 forum but I could not find any dedicated page to discuss about my visa query(granted 190 yesterday). 

I will appreciate if someone can tell me that how can I open an bank account with minimum fees from offshore(before coming to Australia), which bank offers this facility?

Your answer will be hearty appreciated. 

Once again, I know this isn't the right page but as all of you must have the right answer to this. I couldn't think of anything else. Thank you for being kind in advance!

Congrats on your visa! 🙂 

I opened my bank account very easily, no fee, from the UK. I used NAB (National Australia bank). But I believe most of Australian banks do it nowadays. I am sticking with NAB, no monthly fees, good service (even though it had some not great publicity of late, it is still the best, I find, for everyday simple banking).

You can open an account from abroad and transfer your money into the account straight away. But you will pick up your card from the chosen branch only on arrival. So try to choose the branch close to your arrival destination.  🙂 

[A BIT OF ADVERTISEMENT, SORRY]:

Check out TransferWise for transferring money from abroad. Their rates are the best I have seen. 🙂 Maybe, other members can advise of other good transfer options?

• Like 4

On 3/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, ASDFG said:

Hello, I am new here. I know its a 887 forum but I could not find any dedicated page to discuss about my visa query(granted 190 yesterday). 

I will appreciate if someone can tell me that how can I open an bank account with minimum fees from offshore(before coming to Australia), which bank offers this facility?

Your answer will be hearty appreciated. 

Once again, I know this isn't the right page but as all of you must have the right answer to this. I couldn't think of anything else. Thank you for being kind in advance!

Congrats on receiving your grant mate! I am not sure if the banks will ask for proof of your address though, but in terms of minimum account keeping fees, I would suggest ING who won't charge you unlike the exorbitant amounts the other banks charge, and also give you with facility to withdraw from any Australia-wide ATM for no fee, and if you look in terms of saving for the longer term, they provide you with (currently) one of the highest savings interest rates. I'm no advocate but give it a try and see. Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All Seniors, I would really appreciate if someone can guide me with below 3 questions - 

1. I need to rent an apartment in Adelaide and I have heard that We need to have some points to get a rented apartment, so how many points do we need and how do I manage to get them?

2. What are the documents I need to get a rented apartment apart from points?

3. What are the best websites/options to search a rented apartment in South Australia(specifically Adelaide)?

Thank you in advance for your time:)

The 100 points check is usually what they do to assess your rental eligibility. Real Estate agents usually check your rental history and if you don't have one (meaning you are new here) they will be slightly hesitant (at least what I've felt). Your best bet would be to get a friend or an acquaintance to agree to share with you for a very short term (3 months or so) and then use that reference as a basis to look for your own rental place. Even so, you will have more chance building up your rental credibility with private renters than the Real Estate agents, who are usually very fussy and are trying to get their work done with least amount of hassle. If you look for private renters and inspect their property, you will get a good chance to build some good rapport with them, have a little chat, make friends with them, they'll definitely remember you when they go through selecting an application from the bunch of submissions they received.

Also this is a tip than a surefire way, but you might want to overbid for a rental place if you really want to have a chance rather than getting neglected when you don't have rental history (i.e. if a property offered at $300/wk you could try raising it by $5/$10/$20 depending on your liking at the place so they'll be tempted to pick you)

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1