887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

You never mentioned local experience in your original post, you only mentioned 'experience in his field', therefore the misunderstanding.

27 minutes ago, KC01 said:

Not in my time. I came to Adelaide in 2016. It was not required to have local experience. I had enough points to get 489. Only For offshore applicants had this requirement. 

I am sorry not local experience but experience in relevant to skill occupation list. It was not require in my time. But now it is. 

1 hour ago, KC01 said:

We are 56 signs away from 2500 signatures. Share with your friends. 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

9363B7F1-AE72-4B60-BD76-3D5DF67DD86E.jpeg

Yea pls sign and share it,  this is the only thing we can do to notify the Home Affairs Minister. The petition does put pressure on the government, 2 months ago Home Affairs granted the PR for a family because of the petition (With over 50000 signatures). https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/05/family-who-faced-deportation-from-australia-because-of-deaf-son-granted-permanent-residency

Sadly we only have 2500 signatures but still...Please share it, once it hit 2500 it will send to Mr Dutton and Mr Coleman! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deepan said:

Hi  KC01, 

Thanks for the valuable advices, i will keep that in mind. My home country police clearances do take a lot of time. so that makes sense. 

it might be already here in this forum, but if anyone got time please advise. i have payslips for all of my stay and rental agreements, bills for 19 months. i stayed in a friend's house for 6 months and i have bank account letters indicating my address and my 6 month pay slip also got this address. even my old NSW license got this address. Are those evidences enough to prove i lived in Regional NSW ?  i have enough evidences for my Melbourne residences.

this is nothing to do with my application but a general question, i am planning send my baby to a day care centre as my wife's firm ask her restart her job since her maternity leave is over. but after knowing the fees i am bit confused. Is there any government benefits for ppl on 489 visa ?  just curious .  i know there is a medicare benefit once we applied for 887 but no centerlink ?. 

Thanks in advance.

Deep

Hi Deep, I am not aware of any other details. You can apply for Medicare but not for the Centrelink. 

I guess your address proof is enough. 

Thanks 

I have been a silent follower of this group and have finally signed up. I bumped onto this forum while seeking information whether the 489 bridging Visa period qualifies for 2yr requirement. Now, the home affairs website has updated this part and it is now clear that period does not qualify. The following is an excerpt from the website:

Have an eligible visa and be in Australia

Hide 

All applicants must be in Australia and hold an eligible visa at the time a subclass 887 visa application is made.

An eligible visa is a:

• subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
  • Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

The person seeking to satisfy the primary criteria must also have held one or more of the following eligible visas for a total of 2 years before a subclass 887 visa application is made:

• 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487

Note: The person seeking to satisfy the primary criteria will be the person who seeks to meet the 887 work and residence requirements

FINALLY,  Got GOLDEN E-MAIL, CO Peter MADE MY DAY after  17 months 26 days.

Applied 2nd feb 2018,

First contacted 2 Oct 2018, Co Kimberley

Second contacted 2 April 2019, Co Sophorn

AND GRANT😆😆 TODAY AT 12.25 ,PM Co Peter

I made a complain on 25th July and Co Peter repose that complain today with seperate email 

Thank you so much everyone, now your turn , wish you for the best

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, sam2018 said:

Applied 2nd feb 2018,

Congrats. When did u submit docs requested on 2 Apr.

@JayK

Implications can be 

You might have to need a take a some  times off from your  work to look after and celebrate the moment with your wife and a child and more responsibilities 😐.just kidding mate, congrats to you and your family.

there won't be a any problem,need to do medical for your child

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, sam2018 said:

Applied 2nd feb 2018,

I made a complain on 25th July and Co Peter repose that complain today with seperate email 

Congratulations 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sam2018 said:

Applied 2nd feb 2018,

Many Congrats ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sam2018 said:

Applied 2nd feb 2018,

Congratulations on your grant! Enjoy your new life!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, himal said:

@JayK

Implications can be 

You might have to need a take a some  times off from your  work to look after and celebrate the moment with your wife and a child and more responsibilities 😐.just kidding mate, congrats to you and your family.

there won't be a any problem,need to do medical for your child

You funny😂

01bc610f513be3003b1fdfa084724d2b.jpg&key=62388fcd1180b348638a40b347b1f9d4f901ecb0a99e81dd4d80d2759092a00c

Guys they updated the website today, removed the skill migration visa processing priorities, and changed to “Family visa processing priorities”.

I think it’s a good news, maybe it means 189 and 190 can no longer jump the queue of 887.

Hope moving forward all the skill migration visas are on the same page and fair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nudgee said:

Yea pls sign and share it,  this is the only thing we can do to notify the Home Affairs Minister. The petition does put pressure on the government, 2 months ago Home Affairs granted the PR for a family because of the petition (With over 50000 signatures). https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/05/family-who-faced-deportation-from-australia-because-of-deaf-son-granted-permanent-residency

Sadly we only have 2500 signatures but still...Please share it, once it hit 2500 it will send to Mr Dutton and Mr Coleman! 

Now only 6 away to reach 2500. Does this makes any changes??

Hello everyone,

I'm Harsh. Is there anyone who has been through or can answer these questions please?

Immigration has asked me: 

1 year work specified Regional Area

Please provide certified copies of your evidence of employment in a specified regional area of Australia for at least 1 year as the holder of eligible visa. Evidence of employment may include but not limited to: 

1. Contract of employment
2. Pay slips, please advice your playslips submitted is not reflective of the income deposit in your account. 
3. Taxation documents
4. Bank statements showing regular salary payments 
5. Superannuation 
6. Driver's licence 

I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THESE DOCUMENTS BEFORE. 

*I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THE GROUP CERTIFICATE. Is that the reason the payslips submitted is not reflective of the income deposit in my account? 
I HAVE BEEN WORKING, LIVING TRUTHFULLY 100% IN THE REGIONAL AREA FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS NOW. 

PLEASE ADVICE. 

Apart from this, do I need to show any current work experience? Any thoughtful advice is welcome. 

Thanks heaps in advance. 🙏

PS: I applied for 887 in June 2018. 

13 minutes ago, Harsh_ said:

Hello everyone,

I'm Harsh. Is there anyone who has been through or can answer these questions please?

Please provide certified copies of your evidence of employment in a specified regional area of Australia for at least 1 year as the holder of eligible visa. Evidence of employment may include but not limited to: 

2. Pay slips, please advice your playslips submitted is not reflective of the income deposit in your account. 
3. Taxation documents
5. Superannuation 
6. Driver's licence 

*I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THE GROUP CERTIFICATE. Is that the reason the payslips submitted is not reflective of the income deposit in my account? 
I HAVE BEEN WORKING, LIVING TRUTHFULLY 100% IN THE REGIONAL AREA FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS NOW. 

PLEASE ADVICE. 

Apart from this, do I need to show any current work experience? Any thoughtful advice is welcome. 

I think if you provide all the documents as they request  should be OK.

Hello Friends
For apply for 887, what documents we require for proving our 2 years residence condition for family while you are sharing a house.

I have my name added in the lease agreement with my friend and we are paying cash to property agent and getting rent receipts as well..

But all utility bills are in name of my friend..

Please advise.

Thanks

Pankaj

9 hours ago, Harsh_ said:

Hello everyone,

3. Taxation documents
5. Superannuation 
6. Driver's licence 

PLEASE ADVICE. 

Just provide everything again.

17 hours ago, sam2018 said:

Applied 2nd feb 2018,

Big congratulations guys 🥂 

Looks like Peters working hard on all the old files 👌 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harsh_ said:

Hello everyone,

3. Taxation documents
5. Superannuation 
6. Driver's licence 

PLEASE ADVICE. 

Hey @Harsh_, is it true though that your payslips are not consistent with the salary transfer amounts shown in your bank statements? Your pay summary has nothing to do with their query actually.

What they meant was lets say for example ur payslip for the period 1/1/19-7/1/19 shows you earned $900 AFTER PAYG deduction (meaning your net income for the week), but your bank statement only shows $760 being transferred to your bank account. It is this inconsistency that is worrying them I think. And if you have multiple of these inconsistencies between your payslips and your payslips, that maybe has raised a red flag.

Btw, when did you lodge you application and who was the CO that contacted you?