887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

15 hours ago, Anna said:

What is the problem why its taking long? Mind me asking which country you are from?

Nepal I don’t no it’s my bad luck, I have provide all documents they asked for 

1 st contact on 23 may asked for English test

2nd AFP they said it’s not clear on 16 th October 

Hello,

I’m just trying to predict my situation in the future when I’ll be eligible to apply for 887, and I have a few questions that I need your advice. 

1. Regarding the full-time 12 months working requirement evidence: I won’t be able to show 52 pays slips, just 48 (40hrs per week) considering I’m on a casual basis contract and I don’t get paid for public holidays and annual leave. is this going to be an issue?
  2. Can I provide the remaining pay slips after lodging the 887 application?
  3. Do I need to provide IELTS/PTE when lodging my application?
  4. Do I need to provide police certificate for the country I lived for in the last 10 years?
  5. Who is the best case officer 😁just to start praying form now to get him/her assigned to my case🙏?

Below is a brief summary about my visa status:

I'm currently on visa 489, my visa has been granted on 16/08/2016. I moved permanently to Adelaide on 07/08/2018 (no spouse or kids) and secured my first job on 5/08/2019 (1 year contract)🤞.  I'll be eligible to apply for 887 on 7/8/2020, my visa will expire on 16/08/2020 😓

Thanks very much and I really appreciate you help ☺️

Cheers

Waseem

5 hours ago, Mala said:

Nepal I don’t no it’s my bad luck, I have provide all documents they asked for 

1 st contact on 23 may asked for English test

2nd AFP they said it’s not clear on 16 th October 

I think you should call them everyday. 22 months is not worth waiting for. Worst case scenario, go to your local MP and make him call them. Or pay some $$ to lawyer(not agent) to write immi email and follow up until they give you update. 

4 hours ago, Waseem said:

Hello,

I’m just trying to predict my situation in the future when I’ll be eligible to apply for 887, and I have a few questions that I need your advice. 

1. Regarding the full-time 12 months working requirement evidence: I won’t be able to show 52 pays slips, just 48 (40hrs per week) considering I’m on a casual basis contract and I don’t get paid for public holidays and annual leave. is this going to be an issue?
  2. Can I provide the remaining pay slips after lodging the 887 application?
  3. Do I need to provide IELTS/PTE when lodging my application?
  4. Do I need to provide police certificate for the country I lived for in the last 10 years?
  5. Who is the best case officer 😁just to start praying form now to get him/her assigned to my case🙏?

Below is a brief summary about my visa status:

I'm currently on visa 489, my visa has been granted on 16/08/2016. I moved permanently to Adelaide on 07/08/2018 (no spouse or kids) and secured my first job on 5/08/2019 (1 year contract)🤞.  I'll be eligible to apply for 887 on 7/8/2020, my visa will expire on 16/08/2020 😓

Thanks very much and I really appreciate you help ☺️

Cheers

Waseem

1. You need atleast 52 payslips of more than 35 hours per week , specially if you are casual you must show 52 weeks of payslips to show that you worked full time 1 yr as a casual you are not entitled for sick or public holiday & annual leave entitled paid leave therefore these unpaid leave days cannot be counted.

2. If you can get 4 more extra payslips then try to get them ,from today until 16/08/2020 public holidays fall on at least 4 weeks , Australia day , Easter friday , Easter Monday , and Queens Bday , so if you only work your casual job  and stay at home on holidays you will get less than required payslips , try to find another job , even uber and cover remaining hours on these weeks and you will not lose these 4 weeks where public holidays fall or try to become full time at work place so that you will be entitled for paid leave, if not , as a casual i don't think with less than 52 payslips you will be eligible for 887 and not sure if co will accept less than 52 casual weeks payslips below 35 hours. and you cannot show any payslips after the day you applied for 887. 

if you cannot do this then seek help of a migration lawyer right now  as ur tight with time , so that you can be prepared for alternative options if there is any

3.only dependent needs to show ielts

4.yes 

5. it doesn't matter i guess files get processed by multiple co's at different stages 

Edited by trx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, sislam said:

Guys I have few questions, please answer

1. After 887 apply if I go out of Australia do I need to apply for Bridging visa B ( My 489 has still 2 years validity/ will expire on 2021 August)

2. Do i or my family has to do medical for 887?

Thanks

1. You don’t need to apply for Bridging visa B If you current 489 still in effect.

2. After you applied 887 visa, it will be told do or not do medical.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 9:58 AM, Stellajane said:

If it is functional English and you have submitted it for your 489 application it is no longer valid unfortunately given the time that it takes to apply for your 887 was 2 years.

Functional English is only valid for 12 months.

If this is your case, I strongly recommend doing another IELTS test and uploading the results to your 887 application.

Hi @Stellajane!

My partner has no qualms taking the IELTS as she speaks better English that I do, it’s the cost we want to save on ☹️
I am assuming they require functional English so the partner is able to work and contribute to the economy. You reckon proof of being employed in a position that requires good communication skills will be considered proof of functional English? Your thoughts please..?

On 1/17/2020 at 11:24 AM, Yatri said:

Hi Guys...

We finally got the Golden Email..

Applied: 30/06/2018

CO First Correspondence: 23/05/2019 (Requested JP's attested some documents)

Granted: 17/01/2019

We complained last night to immigration as we already completed 18 months and got the grant today morning...

First CO: Rajani

Granted by CO Wilson

All the best Guys

Congratulations!!!

13 hours ago, sislam said:

Guys I have few questions, please answer

1. After 887 apply if I go out of Australia do I need to apply for Bridging visa B ( My 489 has still 2 years validity/ will expire on 2021 August)

2. Do i or my family has to do medical for 887?

Thanks

no visa b require and medical till immigration ask

• Like 1

Hi all,

Q1. After applying 887 is it written somewhere that applicant can not travel out of Australia? Do the applicant need to inform CO/ Immi account  that he is out of Australia for few weeks.

Q2. While granted 489 we have done medical on 2018. Do they ask for medical again. my son is 5+ . Is it vary case to  case for medical.

Congrats to all new PR

On 1/17/2020 at 7:04 AM, Jeremy said:

just received Bridging Via  A for my kid. requested medical on 23/5/2019 (Auto-Letter-Generate), done the medical couple of weeks after

Hi how old is your Kid? Does it depends on age? my one is 5+ do they ask for his medical also.Though he has done his medical while 489 was granted