887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

37 minutes ago, Sunny_March19 said:

Hi Guys,

Some of the 887 applicants from Adelaide have already send an email to SBS (Avneet) and talked to her regarding our situation. She is ready to cover our story and suggested if 60-70 families are ready to meet her then she will come to Adelaide and it will create a big impact.

Guys, we have created a watsapp group to discuss this topic and future course of action. If you are in Adelaide then please send your number to Gagan (0416611079) or Zeenat (0481303827) to made a request to add you in that group. Please mention you heard about this from Ankit.

I hope this will help.

Thank You.

Hi Sunny, 

It was me from Adelaide who spoke to Avneet. Sadly, we won't be able to gather 10-15 families, let alone 60 or 70. The moment you tell people to do anything, be it is a legal action or an approach to a journalist, most of us never come forward. This is due to the fact that many people in this forum are from the Indian subcontinent (including me) and we are not trained to stand for our own rights.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi Sunny, 

It was me from Adelaide who spoke to Avneet. Sadly, we won't be able to gather 10-15 families, let alone 60 or 70. The moment you tell people to do anything, be it is a legal action or an approach to a journalist, most of us never come forward. This is due to the fact that many people in this forum are from the Indian subcontinent (including me) and we are not trained to stand for our own rights.

That’s 100% true mate. Many of us don’t react vn the action is requires. This is the story of 887 applicants most of them get stressed but no action, don’t wanna pay extra to go legal way and every one give free GYAN and explain what immi is doing. Sad story mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi Sunny, 

Please dont judge; i am sure everyone wants result and doing or not doing something can have varied reasons and not just nationality; lets not demean home countries/cultures🙏

• Like 2

On 3/2/2020 at 11:34 AM, memphis said:

Dear All, 

Question ? If I went on annual (paid) leave outside of Australia for 3 weeks during the period of 489 visa, do I have to wait additional 3 weeks for my residency 2 years requirement before apply 887 ? Please let me know.

/Thanks, 

13 hours ago, Dee said:

I am 100% with you; it's quite unfortunate; anyways please share when you send your email to SBS and i will 100% do it on March 12 as i complete one year then; 

There are some people who do not share. Still enough of people in this forum are positive to move or overshadow negative contributor.

I will share @Dee, once I will send it across.

@Angry Coder: I agree with the point you are making....some people (with no offence to anyone) exhibit their frustration, but that doesnt mean they are negative. People have their moments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi Sunny, 

I undertand, it is frustating, however people have their own reasons... geographic location has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Splash said:

That’s 100% true mate. Many of us don’t react vn the action is requires. This is the story of 887 applicants most of them get stressed but no action, don’t wanna pay extra to go legal way and every one give free GYAN and explain what immi is doing. Sad story mate

Hi Splash, I know its sad people are not coming forward... May they are worried, it will make their case more delayed or they dont want jeopardise with file or may be other reasons which we dont know.... 

Inclusion is process n art, let it be for good !!

You may find it Gyaan dear bro, but my point before going to Avneet or may be to any other media person or plateform. We internally needs to find our number who want to share their story and wants to go some to some extend.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dee said:

Please dont judge; i am sure everyone wants result and doing or not doing something can have varied reasons and not just nationality; lets not demean home countries/cultures🙏

You may have noticed few folks have completely disappeared from the forum since when it was requested to share stories with SBS. On any normal day, you would have seen them crying out loud for grants.

Nobody loves to go public on such issues, neither do I. If they have their reasons, why do I bother. 

Sorry guys, I'll send an apology to Avneet (SBS journalist). 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

You may have noticed few folks have completely disappeared from the forum since when it was requested to share stories with SBS. On any normal day, you would have seen them crying out loud for grants.

Nobody loves to go public on such issues, neither do I. If they have their reasons, why do I bother. 

Mate we can understand your frustration, but you can't expect other to do the same what you feel is right. People have their own thought process and you can't comment on that. You might not be trained to stand for your rights but others are, so don't drag other Indians in this. All I have to say is, do what you think is right but don't expect others to follow you. 

Edited by Sin

18 hours ago, Sunny_March19 said:

Hi Guys,

Some of the 887 applicants from Adelaide have already send an email to SBS (Avneet) and talked to her regarding our situation. She is ready to cover our story and suggested if 60-70 families are ready to meet her then she will come to Adelaide and it will create a big impact.

Guys, we have created a watsapp group to discuss this topic and future course of action. If you are in Adelaide then please send your number to Gagan (0416611079) or Zeenat (0481303827) to made a request to add you in that group. Please mention you heard about this from Ankit.

I hope this will help.

Thank You.

Sure Mate, I have sent a message to Gagan to add me in Adelaide whatsapp group. Thanks

Edited by Satish
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, Karif89 said:
1 hour ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi I am new member & have completed 1 year yesterday .I don’t know have anyone added me to tracker or not, though I requested for same . I will share my story this weekend with SBS . Since I am in regional Victoria I am unable to come to Adelaide . I had already contacted one senior journalist from “The Courier”.He is willing to help but again he need more  locals to come forward .If he will publish my story I will send you the link for that.  
Moreover, I will be writing to one of the Victorian MP of Indian origin regarding our situation & see if she can help as she herself was student at one point.I request everyone to share their stories & if someone don’t want to share their name they can be anonymous. 

• Like 2

Hi Everyone, 

On Form 80, when filling for 887, do we have to mention all the employment details back in our Home country as well ? I know it should start with Australia, but I have been working with only two employers for the last 2 years. 

Your input would be highly appreciated. !! 😊

/Thanks, 

Grant  Grant  Grant
Silent Follower 
Applied 17 Nov 2018
Got Grant Today 4/03/2020
Family of 2
CO - Darren
Applied Through Agent
Never Complained
I hope you guys get your Grant soon 

Congratulations....here come grant on@Dee's request....

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Arana said:

Grant  Grant  Grant

Silent Follower 

Applied 17 Nov 2018

Got Grant Today 4/03/2020

Family of 2

CO - Darren

Applied Through Agent

Never Complained

I hope you guys get your Grant soon 

Awesome news; Big congratulations🎉

• Like 1

2018 December 887 visa applicants must have celebrated Christmas well as they have lodged PR visa. 

2018 December 887 visa applicants celebrated Christmas in 2019 in a hope to get their PR visa on Christmas or New year eve

2018 December 887 visa applicants are looking forward to celebrate Christmas in 2020 with 887 visa PR copy. 

immi has different plans. November 2018 they don’t wanna finish because the CO’s wants to grow beard as it will always stay as no shave November. Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3