887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 2/28/2020 at 4:40 PM, 13June2018 said:

No we had medical for our 489. We had to complete a medical for my 2 year old and the new born medical was completed "on the books" which is just a letter from the paediatrictian/GP saying all was ok

Many Congratulations on getting the grant.

Was your 2 years old born when you were on 489,  and was granted the same visa without any medical at that time?

For new born, did you just scanned the pages from the blue book or obtained letter from the GP?

Thanks

We are about 13 months away from the end of our 489, will definitely be going onto bridging visa... but we now have a need to buy a car, but would like something reliable, so will need to get finance. Wondering what the finance options are at this stage? Anyone got some advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KMMC said:

We are about 13 months away from the end of our 489, will definitely be going onto bridging visa... but we now have a need to buy a car, but would like something reliable, so will need to get finance. Wondering what the finance options are at this stage? Anyone got some advice?

Hi KMMC,

There won't be any problem in getting finance if you can provide last one year pay slips. Better to go through a dealer. My own experience. Have bought a new SUV whilst I am still on 489.

• Like 1

Dear All, 

Sorry for re-posting the same question, as I didn't receive any response 🙁

Dear All, Need advise in filling 887 application "Country of residence" section, which says ..
" Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (accompanying or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during last 10 years. The 12 months period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year". 

My wife went back to our home country to have our baby there and now she is back with our baby in Australia (got 489 subsequent for bub). She was out of Australia for 13 months. Do we have to mention all the addresses in home country as well as in Australia under here ? we were in one of our friend's place for 2 months, till we started renting ourselves. 
I don't think I have to mention baby's address here as she is still under 16 years, do we ?
Please advise 😊 much appreciated !! 

10 hours ago, A_D said:

Hi KMMC,

There won't be any problem in getting finance if you can provide last one year pay slips. Better to go through a dealer. My own experience. Have bought a new SUV whilst I am still on 489.

Did you buy it or did you lease it? What dealership you used?

I got approved on leasing car, rental car company Alpha cars.

30 minutes ago, Guil said:

Did you buy it or did you lease it? What dealership you used?

I got approved on leasing car, rental car company Alpha cars.

There will definitely be a no problem, but you will get a higher interest rate. I got myself an SUV, but it cost me around 9% interest whereas PR(s) will get around 2-3 % 

1 minute ago, DVR said:

There will definitely be a no problem, but you will get a higher interest rate. I got myself an SUV, but it cost me around 9% interest whereas PR(s) will get around 2-3 % 

29 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I will buy you a coffee if you post a grant today, see whos the luckiest person In March  

New month new Hope. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A_D said:

Hi KMMC,

with 489 you can get and buy anything including home as a foreign investor with slightly high interest rate. 100% no from banks for bridging visa holders,

Edited by Satish

11 hours ago, DVR said:

Dear All, 

Sorry for re-posting the same question, as I didn't receive any response 🙁

Dear All, Need advise in filling 887 application "Country of residence" section, which says ..
" Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (accompanying or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during last 10 years. The 12 months period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year". 

My wife went back to our home country to have our baby there and now she is back with our baby in Australia (got 489 subsequent for bub). She was out of Australia for 13 months. Do we have to mention all the addresses in home country as well as in Australia under here ? we were in one of our friend's place for 2 months, till we started renting ourselves. 
I don't think I have to mention baby's address here as she is still under 16 years, do we ?
Please advise 😊 much appreciated !! 

It would be great, if anyone knows answer for my above query .. ? 🙏

3 minutes ago, Ak Khan said:

You have to mention all addresses you have lived in 10 years  in form 80

Cool, thank you so much. 

Do I have to fill form 80 for my spouse as well ? or is it only for myself (the main applicant?)

2 minutes ago, DVR said:

Cool, thank you so much. 

Do I have to fill form 80 for my spouse as well ? or is it only for myself (the main applicant?)

For the all applicants included in the application of age of 18 or more. So Yes for the wife too.

3 minutes ago, DVR said:

Cool, thank you so much. 

Form 80 has to be filled for all the applicants less more than 16 years of age.