887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

17 months processing time and no grant today, I am so stress. Will the petition send to immigration again once it hit 2000?

It will at 2,500 signatures. But we also should be sending the petition link to all MPs we are contacting. 🙂 

• Like 2

Functional English means each band 4.5 or overall score 4.5. So far as my knowledge it’s overall 4.5. Is not it ..? Little bit confuse 
You are supposed to get at least 4.5 average band score for EACH test component in IELTS and a minimum overall band of 4.5.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, samrooley25 said:

You are supposed to get at least 4.5 average band score for EACH test component in IELTS and a minimum overall band of 4.5.

Is that mean in each component she needs 4.5 each for eg (L- 4.5, R-4.5 , W-4.5 and S-4.5)..? Or total marks /4= 4.5 average band score..? Plz suggest me 

Is that mean in each component she needs 4.5 each for eg (L- 4.5, R-4.5 , W-4.5 and S-4.5)..? Or total marks /4= 4.5 average band score..? Plz suggest me 
Yes in EACH, you can confirm from the immi website using this link

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

13 hours ago, Russki said:

Yes, your wife needs a "fresh" evidence of English ability. 🙂 

My wife's PTE taken on August 2017. it was just 10 months old when we applied 887 on June 29, 2018. As per her PTE scorecard, the score will expire on August 2019...So, do you think she needs to take the English exam again, OR it doesn't matter as the score was valid at the time of application?!.. Thanks

9 hours ago, Aus2019 said:

I don't think that's correct. You can have overall band 4.5 . Pls someone confirm

Hi I just check with migration agent they said overall 4.5. I already check that link which you mentioned but still confuse coz if you check the PTE score which clearly mentioned the overall 4.5 but in ielts section it says average that’s bit of confusion but anyways thanks very much 

7 hours ago, Jose said:

My wife's PTE taken on August 2017. it was just 10 months old when we applied 887 on June 29, 2018. As per her PTE scorecard, the score will expire on August 2019...So, do you think she needs to take the English exam again, OR it doesn't matter as the score was valid at the time of application?!.. Thanks

Hi Jose if you get grant before August 2019 then its fine.

If After Aug 2019 she have to reappear for PTE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Liveyourlife said:

Hi I just check with migration agent they said overall 4.5. I already check that link which you mentioned but still confuse coz if you check the PTE score which clearly mentioned the overall 4.5 but in ielts section it says average that’s bit of confusion but anyways thanks very much 

Go for PTE and its too easy to score average 4.5. 

My friend got his 190 yesterday and he applied December last year, for just 5 months. I don’t understand why 887 processing time is 17 months (triple!) while our visas should be the most straightforward one to approve, just 52 weeks full time payslips and 2 years lease and bank statements... lets see if things change today and we need some grants

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liveyourlife said:

Average and overall means the same thing, you don't need a minimum of 4.5 band for each component.

'To prove that you have functional English you must provide evidence of one of the following: ... An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result of an average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing.