887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Thanks Nudgee, We had the same doubt, but it says on the Immigration website that we now can complete conditions both Bridging and 489 visas, Our agent also confirmed this.

Please see below @nudgee

"The person seeking to satisfy the primary criteria must have met the subclass 887 work and residence requirements and held one or more eligible visas for a total of 2 years before a subclass 887 visa application is made.  

An eligible visa means either:

• a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
  • a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa"
Edited by KusH

Thanks Nudgee, We had the same doubt, but it says on the Immigration website that we now can complete conditions both Bridging and 489 visas, Our agent also confirmed this.
Please see below [mention=3335]nudgee[/mention]

"The person seeking to satisfy the primary criteria must have met the subclass 887 work and residence requirements and held one or more eligible visas for a total of 2 years before a subclass 887 visa application is made.  

An eligible visa means either:

• a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
  • a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa"

In that case I would suggest that you call home affairs to confirm.

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

In that case I would suggest that you call home affairs to confirm.

Home affairs help line only provides general information, I don't think they can be any help regarding the errors in applications.

May be we'll have to wait till the technical team comes back

Thank you 🙂

5 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

Friend of mine had same issue like this, he lodged 887 prior to 2 years living by counting in a few months with bridge visa, he however then ended up with visa rejection. I think you better check the original eligibility towards to 887 when you was granted 489.       He re-applied and got the PR anyway.Just share this case and let you know that he was not allowing to lodge due to not meet 2 years living requirement.

5 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

Friend of mine had same issue like this, he lodged 887 prior to 2 years living by counting in a few months with bridge visa, he however then ended up with visa rejection. I think you better check the original eligibility towards to 887 when you was granted 489.

Thank you.. actually this makes sense.

You have a valid point, thanks so much. This bridging visa thing may be a recent change. 

Yea don’t take the risk. If you wait 3 months you will 100 % get your PR, just a matter of time, if you apply now. You will live in fear for the next 12 months worrying about the decision . Just my opinion :)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Credit goes to Peter Dutton. What a drama, when we had more applicant they were still processing. After a long waiting we have now less applicant now they stop processing our application. It's a kind of joke to them they don't care about us completely ignore our application. I know few people got their grant within 6 months on 189/190. I don't know why our processing time takes so long.  

Hi I have a question 

what will happen if we don’t take a release letter from nominated regional area?? Is there anyone who experience this situation? 

And after moving to another state forget to change address in immigration? 

• Sad 2

Negative thoughts attract negative things...

Positive thoughts attract positive things...

Stay positive people, whatever will be will be, whether you keep your head up during the storm is a choice only you can make. It won't make your day easier or happier by thinking negatively.

There are many of us in the same boat who have been waiting for such a long time, but we'll get there some time or another.

Just my two cents...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, KusH said:

Hi there

Need some help if anyone had similar experience- 887 visa lodgement error 

Our migration agent is having an error saying " you do not have a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service" and he is unable to submit the application.

Our 489 visa granted in Sep 2017, however we had the Bridging visa activated since 30 May 2017 after applying for 489 visa. We had been overseas for only 17 days during that period.

Accordingly we have completed living & working conditions since 30 May 2017 an we complete 2 years exactly by 17 June 2019. (combination of bridging visa+489 visa since May 2017)

We cannot think of why we are getting this error... very frustrating !!

Our agent has submitted an inquiry with immi account technical team, God knows when they are going to reply

Any thoughts friends ?

Thanks so much

@Russki

You are getting na error because you have not completed yet your two years requirement living in regional.

2 years requirement starts when your visa 489 approved, not on the day they granted you a  bridging visa.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jab said:

Hi all

Applied for 887 today and has got a bridging visa.  I have still 6months left in 489 can i still apply for medicare card? how do i apply for medicare card. Can i do it online? Thankyou

You go to Centrelink with your original passport and a copy of your application received letter and/or BVA. Unfortunately you can't apply online as far as I know.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, Jess said:

I am a silent follower. Applied 6/20/2018. Granted today. 12 months direct grant. No AFP updated though I did renew and hadn’t uploaded. 2 years old kid born during 489 no request for medical check but we submitted GP certificates and photo declare. CO William. Queensland scheme.

Thank you for all the information! Good luck everyone!

congragulation

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Case officer contacted me today via email and asking for employment references. We have already provided payslips and reference letter for 2 employer which covers 1 year of employment. But my husband did other jobs like uber and marketing. They need references ( hours should be mention on invoices and payslips)for those jobs as well. 

Moreover she asked to provide clarification on rental payment which we have got in our account from third party. Someone shared house with us for few months. 

Date applied 25/04/2018

applicants - 2 adults and 1 kid

case officer contact 25/4/19

I am really worried and disappointed😌

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kirankaur said:

Hi everyone,

Case officer contacted me today via email and asking for employment references. We have already provided payslips and reference letter for 2 employer which covers 1 year of employment. But my husband did other jobs like uber and marketing. They need references ( hours should be mention on invoices and payslips)for those jobs as well. 

Moreover she asked to provide clarification on rental payment which we have got in our account from third party. Someone shared house with us for few months. 

Date applied 25/04/2018

applicants - 2 adults and 1 kid

case officer contact 25/4/19

I am really worried and disappointed😌

Who was your case officer? And this is the first time you got contacted?

31 minutes ago, Kirankaur said:

Hi everyone,

Hi, how many payslips did you include in your application? And the uber and marketing jobs, are they part of the one year full time work?

5 hours ago, Jab said:

Hi all

Applied for 887 today and has got a bridging visa.  I have still 6months left in 489 can i still apply for medicare card? how do i apply for medicare card. Can i do it online? Thankyou

You go to Centrelink with your original passport and a copy of your application received letter and/or BVA. Unfortunately you can't apply online as far as I know.

• Thankyou for the reply
  • Like 1

Yes, both are full time jobs which was covered 1 year employment( not continuously but with breaks)

for example

jan16- Mar16 (1st job) 3 months

Apr 16- june 16 ( uber) part time

May 16- dec 16 (2nd job) 8 months ( mon to fri)

Jan18- apr 18(1st job) 4 months

we asked uber to provide reference as we working in regional area and they refused to provide any.

Marketing employer provided us reference letter but payslips are not showing no of hours worked. We dont have any invoice where we can proof no of hours. I dont know what else we can provide.

If anyone can help. Plz give ur suggestion.

33 minutes ago, Kirankaur said:

Yes, both are full time jobs which was covered 1 year employment( not continuously but with breaks)

for example

jan16- Mar16 (1st job) 3 months

Apr 16- june 16 ( uber) part time

May 16- dec 16 (2nd job) 8 months ( mon to fri)

Jan18- apr 18(1st job) 4 months

we asked uber to provide reference as we working in regional area and they refused to provide any.

Marketing employer provided us reference letter but payslips are not showing no of hours worked. We dont have any invoice where we can proof no of hours. I dont know what else we can provide.

If anyone can help. Plz give ur suggestion.

Hi there,  just my opinion is to provide statuary declaration for uber and marketing job as a supportive documents to prove hours, statuary declaration is a legal document in Australia,  well there are many seniors here who can advice you here too,  I've recently applied my 887 .

Thanks 

• Thanks 1