887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I suppose all COs died of coronavirus.
They should resign form their job. I am wondering why they got paid without doing anything. This is extremely bad, last one months no progress at all. They don't work December-Jan-Feb due to long holiday. They don't work between May-June-July because of annual quota has been finished. They work few months in a year this is totally unexpetable.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

They should resign form their job. I am wondering why they got paid without doing anything. This is extremely bad, last one months no progress at all. They don't work December-Jan-Feb due to long holiday. They don't work between May-June-July because of annual quota has been finished. They work few months in a year this is totally unexpetable.

It is frustrating and one can only wonder why January has been so quiet regarding PR grants. I struggle to understand for one moment that they would purposely do very little or reduce productivity. There must be another reason such as the department shifting resources to carry out other functions or assess other visa types. Who knows, only speculation?

On 1/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, Skaur said:

My son is 2 years old now. I requested hapid through complaints form after he turned 2 and got it within 3 working days. In immi account my son's name was nowhere under health assessment before I requested hapid 

Hello There! Did you apply yourself or via an agent? I am getting really to apply next month and a little confused if I should do it myself or engage an agent. Pls suggest 

It is frustrating and one can only wonder why January has been so quiet regarding PR grants. I struggle to understand for one moment that they would purposely do very little or reduce productivity. There must be another reason such as the department shifting resources to carry out other functions or assess other visa types. Who knows, only speculation?
Hard to guess what's on their mind. As we are over 14 months now, we can expect for first contact or golden mail. We have been waiting so long, when our time about to come they are not processing any applicant. It's too harsh for us, even we will wait until 18 months. The processing time might be jump up to over 20 months because of this silence. Immigration is doing absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, Maxzone said:

Hard to guess what's on their mind. As we are over 14 months now, we can expect for first contact or golden mail. We have been waiting so long, when our time about to come they are not processing any applicant. It's too harsh for us, even we will wait until 18 months. The processing time might be jump up to over 20 months because of this silence. Immigration is doing absolutely nothing.

I know what your are saying but I am still full of hope for this month and a spike in grants. I don't want to even contemplate an 18 month wait. Good luck, let's see!!

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I am a silent follower.

Applied 24/11/2018

and I am not on the spreadsheet. This waiting time kills.

I would like to share something with you guys all that the Cos  they do not work full-time for government and its their part time job since government decided  to reduce government employee years ago.that explains why it is so slow. they are being paid hourly. Just imagine when you are a part time job sometimes you dont like to go to work or its holidays and it will affect everyone and it sounds they just work a few days in a week for a limited time.

hope that this waiting time will be finished soon.

• Like 2

image.png.909284ad7aff9ec471fbe0ecaec21da8.png

Guys this is NT sat dec form. I want to declare two months shared  accommodation. As per above do I need Jp's signature.or  Any one can sign. 

If i go to JP what docs I should take for prove ( ex. phone bill, utility bill, insurance,driving license etc these all has that unit address printed on them)

NT sta dec link https://nt.gov.au/law/processes/statutory-declarations

Edited by sislam

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding my 887 application. I applied for 887 last November and one of the questions in the application is - “HAVE YOU OR ANY PERSON INCLUDED IN THIS APPLICATION PREVIOUSLY BEEN TO AUSTRALIA HELD OR CURRENTLY HOLD A VISA FOR A TRAVEL TO AUSTRALIA?” - so what I have provided them is just the tourist visa that my wife received when she visited Australia back in 2014 before migrating to Australia in 2017 with a 489 Visa. My question is, DO WE NEED TO INCLUDE THE 489 VISA? 

Attached is a screenshot of the question

Thanks everyone in advance for the response. 

Silent Follower here. 

80A9F0F2-8F57-4C2A-B02B-207F1EDD254F.jpeg

Edited by Ice Breaker

4 hours ago, Ice Breaker said:

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding my 887 application. I applied for 887 last November and one of the questions in the application is - “HAVE YOU OR ANY PERSON INCLUDED IN THIS APPLICATION PREVIOUSLY BEEN TO AUSTRALIA HELD OR CURRENTLY HOLD A VISA FOR A TRAVEL TO AUSTRALIA?” - so what I have provided them is just the tourist visa that my wife received when she visited Australia back in 2014 before migrating to Australia in 2017 with a 489 Visa. My question is, DO WE NEED TO INCLUDE THE 489 VISA? 

Silent Follower here. 

I actually can’t remember if you can add more visa but if not you must declare the most recent one. We declared the 489 there as that’s the current visa

13 hours ago, Ice Breaker said:

Hi Guys,

Silent Follower here. 

TRN is  also personal info.. not to be shared in public forum.

Edited by TTTF
edits
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

I know what your are saying but I am still full of hope for this month and a spike in grants. I don't want to even contemplate an 18 month wait. Good luck, let's see!!

Everyone here knows one sided stories and rest is mostly left on understanding of the available facts. 

Suggestion - 

Many applicants have got numbers via FOI requests, why not try asking specific questions via FOI process and at least understand the whole process rather than assuming somethings. In this way  at least we can expect a response and  have more understanding of the processing work flows 

Questions needs to be very  specific,

1. How does the process work in terms of picking up a file/case, is it chronological order and how can the applicant be provided a indicative time line where the case could be picked up
  2. Why there is so much delay noticed after first contact and what is reason behind it? How can applicant assist to get this process work faster
  3. If the processing time keeps increasing all the applicants will always remain within the processing time.. how does the department plans to address this 
  4. Due to the processing time line the applicants have to come up with multiple police checks and bear the cost of it, how does department plan to address this.. even if there 2 applicants on an average the cost adds up and causes more delays. 
  5. How many cases does case officers process on a monthly basis and why cannot department be transparent about it specifically in terms of 887 visas issued. 
  6. Can department publish the info similar to EOI invitation numbers on a monthly basis and be more specific as processing cases  as "prior to November 2018 does not give any clarity"  to the applicants as it could be any thing  over 11 months
  7. Contact center provides a limited information and how this can be improved where we can interact with the case officers and make things easy and swift in terms of documentation

Please feel free to add in any more as appropriate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TTTF said:

veryone here knows one sided stories and rest is mostly left on understanding of the available facts. 

Suggestion - 

Many applicants have got numbers via FOI requests, why not try asking specific questions via FOI process and at least understand the whole process rather than assuming somethings. In this way  at least we can expect a response and  have more understanding of the processing work flows 

1. How does the process work in terms of picking up a file/case, is it chronological order and how can the applicant be provided a indicative time line where the case could be picked up
  2. Why there is so much delay noticed after first contact and what is reason behind it? How can applicant assist to get this process work faster
  3. If the processing time keeps increasing all the applicants will always remain within the processing time.. how does the department plans to address this 
  4. Due to the processing time line the applicants have to come up with multiple police checks and bear the cost of it, how does department plan to address this.. even if there 2 applicants on an average the cost adds up and causes more delays. 
  5. How many cases does case officers process on a monthly basis and why cannot department be transparent about it specifically in terms of 887 visas issued. 
  6. Can department publish the info similar to EOI invitation numbers on a monthly basis and be more specific as processing cases  as "prior to November 2018 does not give any clarity"  to the applicants as it could be any thing  over 11 months
  7. Contact center provides a limited information and how this can be improved where we can interact with the case officers and make things easy and swift in terms of documentation

These are really good questions, ... It's just, the doubt I have on the answers they will give for these questions. They will come up with something general or they may not answer at all. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SJay said:

These are really good questions, ... It's just, the doubt I have on the answers they will give for these questions. They will come up with something general or they may not answer at all. 

I know the language used ...in their responses. 

a sentence can be included, stating "the response expected to be specific addressing the questions and not a general response. As general response will not complete of the objective of FOI raised and questions will continue to remain unanswered". 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Everyone here knows one sided stories and rest is mostly left on understanding of the available facts. 

Suggestion - 

I think these are all very relevant questions and probably covers most of what our forum members would like to get from the department. The FOI would be the best way to go, it would not hurt to try although I am sure they will generalise their answers.

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

Suggestion - 

They are pretty good questions. But dont forget that we are not in a position of asking them questions. They dont provide us with appropriate answers since we are not Aussie.

26 minutes ago, Sim said:

Hi,I am a silent follower here

Applied - 04/12/18

Had a baby on 29/10/19

Updated all the documents including latest AFP and PCC

Just wandering if they actually received it or not as there is totally no contact from other side.

Waiting.

They will not reply to you if you upload further documents, unless you change details such as passport, addresses, etc. They will notice the updates when they asses your file, and I hope that is soon.