887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

13 minutes ago, memphis said:

Did you also prove TRN or some kind of unique number that identifies you that so that they can find who you are and which application you are referring to? 

if it is what is the information I can provide, which identifies me and my application? 

You could respond as a reply to the email they sent. That's what I did. However,  you could attach medicare card, upto you 

14 hours ago, JayK said:

First, congratulations on the birth of your baby. Really sorry to hear you've been waiting that long and the new addition might delay things even further.

The first step is to apply for a birth certificate. In the meantime, download form 1022 and fill it out. Once you acquire the birth certificate, send a scanned copy and form 1022 to skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au 

The CO will issue visa and ask for medical which will just be a GP letter and emedical consent.

It will be hard to get visa without baby passport, so start preparing on how you'll acquire the passport. 

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Congrats to all who received their grants!!

I think it is possible since my son (and all with a new born) has now been granted 489 and a bridging visa, all without a passport, just not sure about 887. The case officer will treat this on a case to case basis i guess

• Like 1

That was the reply I have got on functional English for main applicant complaint

have queried why you have been requested to provide evidence that you have functional English in association with this application.

I note that you have already provided evidence that Ms Elashry has functional English and your concerns regarding the processing of your application have been brought to the attention of the manager of the relevant business area.

With respect to your application I can confirm that you are required to provide evidence of having functional English for this application.

For applicants who were aged 18 years or over when application is made decision makers are required to assess whether there is evidence that the applicant:

1             Has functional English as defined in legislation; or

2             Paid a second instalment VAC in respect of the provisional visa held at the time the application for the subclass 887 visa was lodged.

Applicants who were over 18 years of age at time of lodgement who do not satisfy either of these criteria are liable for payment of a second instalment visa application charge before a visa can be granted.

This requirement is specified in migration legislation and we have requested that the information available to applicants on the Department’s website is updated to reflect this.

The English language test results you have previously provided cannot be considered in assessing this criteria given their age.  Information about how you can evidence having functional English is available on the Department’s website.

See: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

The Department is committed to service improvement and your feedback provides us with information to help improve the quality of our services. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the Department with this feedback.

Regards

Thanks for sharing , so they gonna update the website and request everyone to provide functional English..?

10 minutes ago, Moksha said:

That was the reply I have got on functional English for main applicant complaint

have queried why you have been requested to provide evidence that you have functional English in association with this application.

I note that you have already provided evidence that Ms Elashry has functional English and your concerns regarding the processing of your application have been brought to the attention of the manager of the relevant business area.

With respect to your application I can confirm that you are required to provide evidence of having functional English for this application.

For applicants who were aged 18 years or over when application is made decision makers are required to assess whether there is evidence that the applicant:

2             Paid a second instalment VAC in respect of the provisional visa held at the time the application for the subclass 887 visa was lodged.

Applicants who were over 18 years of age at time of lodgement who do not satisfy either of these criteria are liable for payment of a second instalment visa application charge before a visa can be granted.

This requirement is specified in migration legislation and we have requested that the information available to applicants on the Department’s website is updated to reflect this.

The English language test results you have previously provided cannot be considered in assessing this criteria given their age.  Information about how you can evidence having functional English is available on the Department’s website.

See: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

The Department is committed to service improvement and your feedback provides us with information to help improve the quality of our services. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the Department with this feedback.

Regards

It’s not correct information file other complaint they are giving you wrong information . It’s not applicant over 18 it’s all dependent applicant over 18 as mentioned on website.

B4B5B6F4-99D4-4A86-A440-08FEA9F2BDCD.png

• Like 2

Just now, sihab said:

Direct Grant Grant Grant 

Applied on 3rd April 2019. Family of 2 

No IELTS for main applicant and Overseas PPC Expired.

Thanks Vineetha  

Congrats Sihab. Just to confirm, how old was your home country PCC and did you visit that country?

Also I have noticed that someone who has been working in a professional environment in Australia since last 1 year at least, they are not asked IELTS. If you don't mind me asking, where were you working during 489 visa? Thanks!

HI everyone.

I have been following this group as a silent follower for over a year now. You guys kept me going. please keep up the good work. we will all receive our grants sooner or later. 

Please add me to the tracker

Applied 8th April 2019

family of 4

no contact yet

Thanks

I am hoping to post my grant soon

3 minutes ago, oalabi said:

HI everyone.

I have been following this group as a silent follower for over a year now. You guys kept me going. please keep up the good work. we will all receive our grants sooner or later. 

Please add me to the tracker

Applied 8th April 2019

family of 4

no contact yet 

Thanks

I am hoping to post my grant soon

added 

28 minutes ago, Jessi said:

It’s not correct information file other complaint they are giving you wrong information . It’s not applicant over 18 it’s all dependent applicant over 18 as mentioned on website.

B4B5B6F4-99D4-4A86-A440-08FEA9F2BDCD.png

I agreed with you. I have looked through the legislation and there in no mention of an English requirement for the primary applicant. I saw a migration lawyer confirm this on a post on FB, and was willing to provide help to affected cases for a fee. But they might not be willing to help change this or resolve this confusion permanently, as this is a way for them to make money from clients. 

48 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Regards

I am not sure how much time you have to have this resolved, but I am guessing you may be able to go to the Ombudsman on this. Any thoughts from others?

46 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Regards

Thanks for sharing.. It would have been so easy if this was specified in the checklist.. Would have saved valuable time of everyone involved. 

All applicants waiting for the clarity, here it is in black and white. Better sort out your applications. 

But there will be always a side, does it make logical sense to apply this requirement for a extended pathway. May be for some other day !

In all Good work in getting the answers at least.

7 minutes ago, Kaysavan said:

I agreed with you. I have looked through the legislation and there in no mention of an English requirement for the primary applicant. I saw a migration lawyer confirm this on a post on FB, and was willing to provide help to affected cases for a fee. But they might not be willing to help change this or resolve this confusion permanently, as this is a way for them to make money from clients. 

Who was the migration lawyer?Ombudsman is a good idea.They are fault not us.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Regards

My agent told me this on your matter.

My suggestion will b to request the case officer to provide the extract of the legislation validating the following for S/C 887 visa: " This requirement is specified in migration legislation  ...." 

34 minutes ago, Jessi said:

My agent told me this on your matter.

My suggestion will b to request the case officer to provide the extract of the legislation validating the following for S/C 887 visa: " This requirement is specified in migration legislation  ...." 

good point!

On another note, has anyone heard of any 887 rejections for any reason whatsover?