887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, MAH said:

What is the latest date to process today as per your source? I believe Nudgee is busy and nobody taking responsibility

Why do you not talking responsibility for tracker update?

Also, as I said earlier that tracker is up-to-date as per the posts. Don’t panic and also don’t spread panic. 

if someone see August grant then send the snapshot. I believe that they are still doing till July.

enjoy long weekend and dont think too much.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hi everyone

I found following information somewhere. This is from DIBP Policy advice manual. Does anyone have LEGENDcom subscription in immi account to confirm the following information as this is the solution to most confused question.. Please have a look and if someone have subscription, plz share more info here...

Below is an extract from the DIBP Policy Advice Manual (PAMS) regarding residence and short holidays:
4 Residence
4.1 Background To satisfy 887.212 the main applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least two calendar years while holding one of the provisional GSM visas, or bridging visas associated with an application for a provisional GSM visa. Any time spent living in a specified regional area while in Australia on another visa cannot be counted.
4.2 Periods spent outside a specified regional Australia
In considering whether an applicant has been living in a specified regional area for at least two years case officers should note that short holidays during which the applicant visits a metropolitan city or travels overseas, do not detract from a period of residence.

For example, an applicant produces evidence that they have resided in a specified regional area from October 2005 until the time they apply for an 887 visa in November 2007. During that period they spent three weeks in 2006 and a further three weeks in 2007 travelling overseas. As this length of absence is not inconsistent with continuing to reside in a specified regional area the applicant satisfies 887.212. 4.3 Two years need not be consecutive
Although it will usually be the case, there is nothing in the Regulations to provide that the applicant must have lived for a concentrated two year period in a specified regional area. The two years may be achieved by adding together two or more periods of residency. However, see section 6 Complied with conditions of earlier visas.
For example, an applicant who lived in a specified regional area for 10 months and travelled overseas for 6 months before returning to a specified regional area for a further 14 months, would meet the residence requirement.
However, in relation to applicants who have been living elsewhere in Australia, see section 6 Complied with conditions of earlier visas.

13 minutes ago, Mkaur said:

Hi everyone

I found following information somewhere. This is from DIBP Policy advice manual. Does anyone have LEGENDcom subscription in immi account to confirm the following information as this is the solution to most confused question.. Please have a look and if someone have subscription, plz share more info here...

Below is an extract from the DIBP Policy Advice Manual (PAMS) regarding residence and short holidays:
4 Residence
4.1 Background To satisfy 887.212 the main applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least two calendar years while holding one of the provisional GSM visas, or bridging visas associated with an application for a provisional GSM visa. Any time spent living in a specified regional area while in Australia on another visa cannot be counted.
4.2 Periods spent outside a specified regional Australia
In considering whether an applicant has been living in a specified regional area for at least two years case officers should note that short holidays during which the applicant visits a metropolitan city or travels overseas, do not detract from a period of residence.

For example, an applicant produces evidence that they have resided in a specified regional area from October 2005 until the time they apply for an 887 visa in November 2007. During that period they spent three weeks in 2006 and a further three weeks in 2007 travelling overseas. As this length of absence is not inconsistent with continuing to reside in a specified regional area the applicant satisfies 887.212. 4.3 Two years need not be consecutive
Although it will usually be the case, there is nothing in the Regulations to provide that the applicant must have lived for a concentrated two year period in a specified regional area. The two years may be achieved by adding together two or more periods of residency. However, see section 6 Complied with conditions of earlier visas.
For example, an applicant who lived in a specified regional area for 10 months and travelled overseas for 6 months before returning to a specified regional area for a further 14 months, would meet the residence requirement.
However, in relation to applicants who have been living elsewhere in Australia, see section 6 Complied with conditions of earlier visas.

Here is the link for Migration Regulation 1994. This is pdf file. Just search with 887 and you will be in 887 visa section. Where it’s mentioned that primary applicant should stay 2 years while holding eligible visas such as 489 or bringing visa. So if you are onshore, stay start from when your briging visa took effect. But technically you can not apply visa until holding 489 for 2 yrs. I hope it make sence.

656d0b8f-a6b8-4734-b68c-717812b3ade8

12 minutes ago, Sachin said:

Here is the link for Migration Regulation 1994. This is pdf file. Just search with 887 and you will be in 887 visa section. Where it’s mentioned that primary applicant should stay 2 years while holding eligible visas such as 489 or bringing visa. So if you are onshore, stay start from when your briging visa took effect. But technically you can not apply visa until holding 489 for 2 yrs. I hope it make sence.

656d0b8f-a6b8-4734-b68c-717812b3ade8

Thanks for your reply... 

Basically consfusion is about time spent ouside australia. For example somebody spent 2 weeks paid annual leave overseas, do they need to add these 2 weeks on the top of 2 years before applying 887. 

I know, everyone is saying on safe side should add up 2 weeks on top of 2 years. But m just trying to find information on legal website rather than just assuming. If you see any info on immi website, plz share..

6 minutes ago, DVR said:

@nudgee, Brother, you think the Department will start processing 2020 application this year, if they maintain this speed ? I saw somewhere that a few of August users have also been granted.

I think if they maintain this speed, the 2020 application will be accessed on Sep or Oct

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DVR said:

Brother, you think the Department will start processing 2020 application this year, if they maintain this speed ? I saw somewhere that a few of August users have also been granted.

where did you see Aug applications granted? more details

@nudgee mate if you can help please Or any senior member or anyone from forum on below:

applied: 30june 2019

family of 4

First CO contact: 4th June 2020

CO contacted for baby passport (2months old baby) Under requested information

I applied passport already & its under processing takes atleast 2 weeks (vfs melbourne)

Today : i uploaded letter that passport is under processing & iwill update asap when receive plus the application submitted proof. Uploaded under baby’s -additional requested documents ! Is this right?

I have not clicked on the button that- confirm that i have provided all information requested...( as i didnt received yet the passport)

Is that right approach? 
please guide me, looks like they dont give grant without baby passport...

any right advise?

rest of my documents are all well updated....

thanks alot waiting for reply............

Edited by nmit07

1 hour ago, nmit07 said:

@nudgee mate if you can help please Or any senior member or anyone from forum on below:

applied: 30june 2019

family of 4

First CO contact: 4th June 2020

CO contacted for baby passport (2months old baby) Under requested information

I applied passport already & its under processing takes atleast 2 weeks (vfs melbourne)

Today : i uploaded letter that passport is under processing & iwill update asap when receive plus the application submitted proof. Uploaded under baby’s -additional requested documents ! Is this right?

I have not clicked on the button that- confirm that i have provided all information requested...( as i didnt received yet the passport)

Is that right approach? 
please guide me, looks like they dont give grant without baby passport...

any right advise?

rest of my documents are all well updated....

thanks alot waiting for reply............

Hi Mate 

i saw this grant today in telegram group. PR granted to a family where the baby doesn’t have a passport yet. Similar to your case. 

thanks 

3430746D-B12E-4FB2-ADBA-B04F00DD69B5.jpeg

5 hours ago, Deepan said:

Hi Mate 

i saw this grant today in telegram group. PR granted to a family where the baby doesn’t have a passport yet. Similar to your case. 

thanks 

Am the same applied newborn passport and still waiting. Applied 20th September. By the rate at which they are processing, September will start late next week. Hope am lucky like this guy! First case I've heard baby granted without passport. All other cases baby is almost always not included. Fingers crossed 🤞

• Confused 1

Hi guys , 

I have applied on 20 June 2019 , case officer contacted on 3 June 2020 asked for function English for primary applicant . 
I have completed master degree in Australia so I upload my degree and transcript on same day on IMMI account . 
do I need to do anything else ? 
And how long does it take ? 

Edited by Tam jai

7 hours ago, Deepan said:

Hi Mate 

thanks 

@Deepan thanks for sharing but now I have to provide baby passport information within 28days , i have attached letter stating that passport is under processing.

my question is should i wait till passport arrives and than confirm the information requested attached or this letter stating the reason is enough?

Thanks mate

42 minutes ago, Tam jai said:

Hi guys , 

I have applied on 20 June 2019 , case officer contacted on 3 June 2020 asked for function English for primary applicant . 
I have completed master degree in Australia so I upload my degree and transcript on same day on IMMI account . 
do I need to do anything else ? 
And how long does it take ? 

@Tam jai dont forgot after attaching these transcript and completion degree certificate to confirm clicking the information asked has been attached mate. 

Make sure just that english proof only asked in the requested checklist

cheers

5 minutes ago, nmit07 said:

@Tam jai dont forgot after attaching these transcript and completion degree certificate to confirm clicking the information asked has been attached mate. 

Make sure just that english proof only asked in the requested checklist

cheers

Hi , thanks mate 

I am sure only English proof was asked .

and what do you mean by clicking the information 

11 hours ago, Mkaur said:

Thanks for your reply... 

Basically consfusion is about time spent ouside australia. For example somebody spent 2 weeks paid annual leave overseas, do they need to add these 2 weeks on the top of 2 years before applying 887. 

I know, everyone is saying on safe side should add up 2 weeks on top of 2 years. But m just trying to find information on legal website rather than just assuming. If you see any info on immi website, plz share..

Great question, department allow you to spend 4 weeks per year as annual leave anywhere. It might be overseas. Just supply documents like your working payslips and all. Also, you can prepare cover letter where you can mention that time spent outside Australia was on Annual leave.

3 hours ago, Tam jai said:

Hi , thanks mate 

I am sure only English proof was asked .

and what do you mean by clicking the information 

@Tam jai

Mate when you go the applicants page in the bottom of the page you will see confirm clicking that information requested you attached click that link if you attached english proof as Australian Master degree with transcripts than wait for grant....

Edited by nmit07