887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 4/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, Maxzone said:

HI James, Do you have any valid source for that ? Or is that your assumption only. I only got 6 months left to apply 887 visa.  

The immigration department has been considering simplifying the visa system which would decrease the amount of different visa types in the future. This is only a research issue at this stage. It would not affect anyone already in Oz on a visa and any on other pathway

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Another option. You can call immigration department and request a call back. It's better than waiting in line. Once they call, tell them your situation. They will tell you what you should do exactly ?

Thank you dear I think will go this way

3 minutes ago, Kaur said:

I am totally in shock till now couldn't believe this kind of stuff. 

Yes Friend. But there are some cunning people. Anyway now you should think from your side. Now it's already 5 months passed. So, please call them  on Monday morning and get advice from them. They can find your application status in their system. So, they will tell you whether it's processing or not. Best thing is getting their advice ? before jump into any decision of your own. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kaur said:

Hi Kaur,

The guys here  are right,  don't panic, and to answer your question: no, your taking everything into your own hands should not restart your case from scratch!  :) I don't think. The application is in,  it's in the queue.  

I just thought of something else you can do.  Apart from talking to immigration,  as guys advise, try calling MARA itself!  Sure yours is not the first case in history of dodgy agents.  They will help with advice,  I am sure of it.  And they are probably easier to reach on the phone.  :)

30 minutes ago, Kaur said:

Hi kaur, 

First of all check your visa status through vevo site. You could have grant already? As you told, your CO email goes to agent email id and you can not access directly unless agent inform you. So I recorn first check your visa status online. 

7 hours ago, Kaur said:

Hi guys 

I am bit in serious trouble I think we just got to know that our agent has been barred for five years and we had no idea he was doing some fraud. But our case is totally genuine I am very scared now what's gonna happen with us? Can some one shrewd some light what should we do at this stage. My husband have got genuine experience and he genuinely completed his 52weeks in coles and every single document is genuine. But now have no idea what's gonna happen. Should we take all the things in our hands or just stay quite let see. Because he holds our immi account details and everything.  I am very scared

Hi Kaur,

I think you should at least create an account on immi website and import your 887 application (but entering reference no.) in it, so that way you will know what communication is going on between immi and your agent.

Good luck.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi Kaur,

I think you should at least create an account on immi website and import your 887 application (but entering reference no.) in it, so that way you will know what communication is going on between immi and your agent.

Good luck.

Yeah we trying talk to him but Will definitely do this on Monday 

Thnks for sharing information

Hi ruski 

Actually immigration department already barred them for 5 years this is how we got to know. Govt officials did the investigation and declared them to barred for 5 years. Do we still complain? Or we just report our situation and take the in our hands. One of my friend suggested me like it's not going to affect you because they are in trouble cause of different category of student visa and we are totally different category. But still I am thinking that we are in loop. 

Thanks

36 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hi kaur, 

First of all check your visa status through vevo site. You could have grant already? As you told, your CO email goes to agent email id and you can not access directly unless agent inform you. So I recorn first check your visa status online. 

Good idea I'll do it now

9 minutes ago, Kaur said:

Hi

I did checked but it still shows my 489 visa status. I tried to fill latest bridging visa it does show anything suggest to check information. But it does shows 489 visa.

Just wonder, are you 100% sure they have submitted the application?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kaur said:

Hi

I did checked but it still shows my 489 visa status. I tried to fill latest bridging visa it does show anything suggest to check information. But it does shows 489 visa.

OK. So that means you have got grant for 887 visa.  So next thing weather Co has been contacted or not. 

32 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Bringing visa is not showing if 489 is still in effect. So it's shows 489 details 

But also could meant no 887 application has been submitted? I'm just thinking the possibility that the agent didn't submit the application at all

9 minutes ago, Kaur said:

Yes they did and I have it

Ok, then your agent has submitted your application and it should be in the queue. I have noticed that most of October 2017 applicants (until 27th Oct) have got their grants or CO contacted. So, your 887 visa should be granted or CO allocated. As your migration agent corresponded with immigration, he should receive any update behalf of you, by now. As he is not responsive, best thing is...contact the department directly and let them know the issue.

Don't open an immi account until you contact immigration. Because if they have already granted your visa, there will be no need to apply again. 

Hope you can sort everything out on Monday when you call immigration. I can completely understand your dilemma. Be patient till Monday and be positive. Hope you may hear a good news on Monday. May be you will be a permanent resident by then ??. Wish you all the best ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

Ok, then your agent has submitted your application and it should be in the queue. I have noticed that most of October 2017 applicants (until 27th Oct) have got their grants or CO contacted. So, your 887 visa should be granted or CO allocated. As your migration agent corresponded with immigration, he should receive any update behalf of you, by now. As he is not responsive, best thing is...contact the department directly and let them know the issue.

Don't open an immi account until you contact immigration. Because if they have already granted your visa, there will be no need to apply again. 

Hope you can sort everything out on Monday when you call immigration. I can completely understand your dilemma. Be patient till Monday and be positive. Hope you may hear a good news on Monday. May be you will be a permanent resident by then ??. Wish you all the best ?

Thank you so much dear I think this is the Gud way.......

14 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi 887_2018,

I hope  you understand that creating an immi account and importing your (already submitted) application does not equate applying over again. You are merely importing, not applying, not paying nor submitting any documents over again.

Thanks.